Sign in to follow this  
testando

Newcomer question

Hello,

What´s the best island to a newbie? I like the idea of freedom and PVP but i don´t want to get killed everytime coz lack of skills . So, should i go to a PVE place ?

Chaos (PvP), Serenity (Jenn Kellon Home, PVP), Desertion (Mol Rehan Home, PVP)

Chaos, you have nearly no chance of comparing to older players, while Desertion and Serenity have good players, but due to the Epic Curve, and 2x Skill exp, you'll be able to catch up pretty fast. :)

all these servers have pvp, but not TONS of it.

They are usually safe, and its usually a 1 in a 1000 chance that you are some how killed on these servers if you are playing with-in moral code, and such.

Edited by Zwei

If you join a pvp server, you can usually try to join one of the main kingdoms, whether it's on epic or chaos.

Most people are very friendly and accepting towards new players. The home servers (which are on the epic cluster) are also good places to start learning if you're new, lots of people are always looking to teach newer players. You wont be killed on sight, it's possible, but has personally never happened to me after playing on them for a long time.

The freedom servers are possible too, you can check out the recruitment section of the forums and ask to join a village, it's really the best way to get started in wurm.

its a matter of preference more than anything,and remmeber that most people answering here have an agenda

• Like 2

Thanks guys, i will join an PVP server then and try be part of a guild.

thanks for the info. I joined Serenity and joined a village. :)

With Chaos, you're fine 99.999999% of the time if you announce before you come onto the server that you are doing so and your intentions. If you want to join a kingdom from one of the recruiting threads on here, just showing up on their doorstep is not a good idea. Get in contact with one of the officers of the kingdom you wish to join and get them to help you get the ball rolling and be added as a recruit.

If you ever just show up with all your belongings under your arm and a big grin on your face at the doors of the kingdom's capital you're gonna look a bit odd and suspicious as to why you just showed up instead of announcing before hand.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

You'd have been welcome in chaos, with either kingdom.  Just because it is a PvP server does not mean you have to pour your heart into pvping right away.  Every kingdom needs masons, carpenters, smiths..  It's what's behind the pvp scenes that determine what kingdom will thrive.  In taking these professions you'd be quite safe 99% of the time.