Sign in to follow this  
Troy

new creature/NPC Bandits

-1 PvE doesn't want PvP-like events. These bandits are essential computer AI PvPer's.

Its been well proven over time that Wurm players don't want AI messing with our deeds. Well it might be ok if the system was opt-in.

Pve pvpers? What? Uhhh... Ok, not gonna ask there.

Pve needs some actual PVE, I'd love to know why PvP gets all of te PVE mobs....while pve doesn't.

Rolf, please just make a crafting server for these people that don't like fighting. >_>

Pve needs some actual PVE, I'd love to know why PvP gets all of te PVE mobs....while pve doesn't.

Rolf, please just make a crafting server for these people that don't like fighting. >_>

Entities that: threaten your deed, bash your walls/fences, steal your stuff, destroy crops/trees/ect, and maybe even drain your token. On PvP this is what other players do. I read between the lines somewhat and guess this is what "bandits" might do.  Again, its proven time and time again throughout history that majority of PvE doesn't want things messing with our deeds.

Ya I too wish Rolf would make a non-aggro server. Or implement some game mechanic where players can create safe areas and doesn't cost huge sums of silver. I not going to deed a 200x200 area and buy many guards just to create my desired peaceful experience.

He's just suggesting new mob types, not something that can raid a deed mate. >_<

Because a lot of freedomers use wrong the term PvE.

Grind skills(not combat related of course) and mine iron is not PvE.

Trying to kill a valrei that has an attack that throws you off your horse and stuns you is PvE.

Now, let me open this big umbrella cuz I'll probably get raged upon freedomers that think that mining a rock tile or improving a statue is a PvE activity.

Because a lot of freedomers use wrong the term PvE.

Grind skills(not combat related of course) and mine iron is not PvE.

Trying to kill a valrei that has an attack that throws you off your horse and stuns you is PvE.

Now, let me open this big umbrella cuz I'll probably get raged upon freedomers that think that mining a rock tile or improving a statue is a PvE activity.

If it makes you feel better, you have one Freedomer that agrees. :3

If it makes you feel better, you have one Freedomer that agrees. :3

It does.

By the way second time I link this.

And I still remember that guy that for him PvE was mining a "rock tile that is interrupting your vision", and that was a new kind of sad.

Edited by Alec

Bandits, when I first started to play Wurm online. I was a little shocked to see that they have never been implemented into the game and it is something that I would see as a improvement to the game overall, adding into a new non-player faction/group. that could improve itself slightly without making them impossible to kill or clear out.

For my idea the bandits are rather simple, like other creatures in the game give them a spawn point to start off in like everything else in the game, however bandits should have a wider aggro range to be able to spot players and NPCs and other hostile NPC.

they could attempt to raid a small town or village, a guard tower or even attempt to attack another spawn point of a nearby creature, giving them a chance to steal items that are laying around the ground or an unlocked containers, or even from player and animal corpses. Bringing them back to their own spawn point storing the items inside the more items they have a stronger they are.

An bandit thief, should be able to pick the locks from average to poor without a problem . More rare versions of this type should be able to handle more advanced ones, the feet should be rather fast yet poor quality fighter.

He's just suggesting new mob types, not something that can raid a deed mate. >_<

I disagree. He's clearly wanting NPC AI that does something on PvE similar to what happens between players on PvP.

I disagree. He's clearly wanting NPC AI that does something on PvE similar to what happens between players on PvP.

aka PVE

• Like 2

I don't see any of that saying a deed though.

All that is a huge +1 as long as it's off deed, that is real pve right there, while they're at it, add all the epic server mobs to pve servers, and if people REALLY have some issue with them, make it where we have to attack them for them to go aggressive. Though it's not that hard to get a set of armour and a weapon to kill them >_<

I don't want to force people to fight, that's not my intention, but I DO want actual pve to be on a PVE server. As it stands, Epic has 4x the pve then freedom does.

I don´t avoid fighting at all, in fact i try to actively hunt at least 1-2 hours per day, I have no problems soloing champions trolls, trained Agressive figthing H. Axe and L. Maul, training Normal with sword+shield now, probably will do same with defensive at some point.

What I don´t want is even the slight possibility of my deed or stuff being trashed just because i need to sleep and can´t play 24/7, If you want to send trolls per dozens to try to bash my walls while I´m on and can defend my place so be it, but if I at some point want the trill of not knowing what will I find on my deed I pay for every month after a 2 days break then i will move to a PvP server.

Same if you want to loot shinny things then move to a PvP server and raid another people deeds.

I wouldn't mind bandit npcs on PVE as long as they were out in the wild, and wouldn't steal from deeds-- those should be safe spots. Also, as long as they weren't more than 15-20 FS.

Also, small bandit camps could spawn like deer yards or troll mounds, only players would be able to take items from them (not more than 50 ql, I'd say). Instead of bashing a bandit camp, they stay put until all the items were taken (of course, bandits would spawn and attack while looting the camp, as with bashing troll mounds).

Let's all go play wurm of warcraftonline v2.0

They removed most of them in cataclysm....

Also, it''d be better to refer to everquest then warcraft in this case. :3

+1 for bandits, but only if they can be tamed/dominated/charmed and then forced to slave labors like digging, surface mining, planks/brick cutting etc.

+10 if skilled player can tame them unlimited amount in the same time

• Like 1

+1 for bandits, but only if they can be tamed/dominated/charmed and then forced to slave labors like digging, surface mining, planks/brick cutting etc.

+10 if skilled player can tame them unlimited amount in the same time

Omg slave labor hells yes

maybe have bandit camps spawn as 2-3 tents in the no mans land between kingdoms on chaos and elevation? would give mini buffers and give people something to train against - make 3-5 per tent and 1-3 tents spawn randomly - would give something to train on as well (maybe 50-70FS for basic bandits - bandit king 70 with some seryl on him)