Sign in to follow this  
Troy

new creature/NPC Bandits

Bandits, when I first started to play Wurm online. I was a little shocked to see that they have never been implemented into the game and it is something that I would see as a improvement to the game overall, adding into a new non-player faction/group. that could improve itself slightly without making them impossible to kill or clear out.

For my idea the bandits are rather simple, like other creatures in the game give them a spawn point to start off in like everything else in the game, however bandits should have a wider aggro range to be able to spot players and NPCs and other hostile NPC.

they could attempt to raid a small town or village, a guard tower or even attempt to attack another spawn point of a nearby creature, giving them a chance to steal items that are laying around the ground or an unlocked containers, or even from player and animal corpses. Bringing them back to their own spawn point storing the items inside the more items they have a stronger they are.

attempting to attack an bandit that is within the range of another bandit should call for aid, bring other near by bandits, but unlike guard towers it should not signal everyone that it on it should be only a matter of 10 tiles in any direction from the bandit that it's being attacked.

Below I was given some simple ideas on what kind of bandit and things you can get from either butchering and/or looting them.

An bandit berserker, pretty much a heavy hitter on a more visual scale the size could increase to just over the size of regular players models, either wielding a double handed weapon or two years believe each hand. make them be able to bash fences or attack large carts, wagons.

loot/butchery products: cloth, broken 'type' armor (can be melted into lumps) and (chaos server human meat), whenever possible items it has stolen and if inventory.

An bandit archer, the common range NPC method must be able to attack players and other hostile NPCs from an distant of least five to six. pretty much a hospital support unit for the others of its faction/group, it should a an attempt to flee if players or hostile NPCs get within three to two tiles from it.

loot/butcher product: cloth, broken 'type armor (can be melted into lumps) broken bow ( can be scavenged for scrap wood ) small chance of finding intact arrows, broken arrows ( can be scavenged into scrap wood )  (chaos server human meat), whenever possible items it has stolen and if inventory.

An bandit thief, should be able to pick the locks from average to poor without a problem . More rare versions of this type should be able to handle more advanced ones, the feet should be rather fast yet poor quality fighter.

loot/butcher product: cloth, torn leather armor (can be combined with other leather) broken dagger ( can be melted into lumps ) lockpicks, broken lockpicks ( can be melted into lumps ) minimum chance of low quality. leather armor  (chaos server human meat), whenever possible items it has stolen and if inventory.

• Like 3

This has remind me of a raid of Sol Demons that spawn near town.

Was fun killing them to be able to use the town gate. So why not +1

And NB4 -1

Another idea would be a different model for each kingdom, freedom bandits could look like woodland thugs, scavenged chain armor leather armor. Chaos server could be more cannibal like severed limbs tied off to the side of the armor big hulking plate armor, wild the hair or even a more self mutilated look all depending on the Kingdom what is their rogue elements . What is the worst of the worst what she didn't like?

-1 MMO = massively multiplayer online.

-1 MMO = massively multiplayer online.

Just saying, that's a very terrible reason to counter it. considering all the MMO's that have them have........much more revenue and players.

Though personally, I don't feel like NPC's fit wurm in some circumstances...... it just depends really how the devs did it.....would be touchy imo.

Maybe is because I play on Epic, but what this guy is suggesting is like the Sol Demons spawn I got, but with human models and no-valrei loot.

And that would add some more PvE, unless of course you don't like PvE.

Also:

Nice timing there.

• Like 1

+1 I like the idea and they could drop items , their spawns could be like a campfire or something

Nothing wrong with a little extra PVE and danger. They should be around woodlands and highways and typical roam about in groups of 2'3s. Bandit leader would be a boss.

Edited by Mclovin

I think if you want your stuff stolen, your doors/containers pick locked and your deed raided you can very well move to some of the pvp servers, for sure there is people there willing to help you with that and it cost 0 devs effort.

• Like 2

I think if you want your stuff stolen, your doors/containers pick locked and your deed raided you can very well move to some of the pvp servers, for sure there is people there willing to help you with that and it cost 0 devs effort.

But then where is the PvE?

I remember a thread about PvP and I saying that theres absolutely no PvE on Wurm, and this guy goes and suggest something like Valrei spawns freedom version.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

nah sorry.. bandits are should be players not npcs

• Like 1

Pretty much, people help themselves to anything not nailed down, we don't need NPC's we need all servers PvP.

-1 to dropping loot.

I'd say they are on level with a tower guard, of course less health/armor in comparison to them, and don't aggro players under a certain age so newish players don't get ganked by forces of theses guys.

I afk spirit templars for kicks... bring these bandits, I'll make chopped salads for all!

If having the bandits would be a bit much for Player versus environment servers, The Development team could probably Set to a simple seek and destroy AI type of thing. But yes I do agree on one thing on them avoiding attacking new players outright. It could be possible to have them attack large carts and wagons passing by. Instead of villages and towns have them on the outskirts near the main roads and highways or even some to random Spawn point. Similar to that of the hell hound And lava fiends.

Or heck They can even Make the bandits Far weaker, but have of Them be able to tame wild creatures such Dogs Wolves Lions Wildcat Bears, Give it a more immersive world set apart from the average troll that causes trouble, Plus, it might give people an extra incentive to control their own area patrol the road and explore, just this idea alone could make it a bit of more creative and a sense that they could even implement a bandit layer or treasure trove that players can seek an attempt to take, and I do not see it being anything outlandish or truly stunning, but something that may give players a extra incentive to do more. Even if it is just a few items that are between poor and average quality is something extra Fun to have in the game make a little more complex if not Tactful.

Edited by Troy
  • Like 1

However, if people wanted to go to a more extreme route A corner of the village/deed could in fact pay bandit A certain amount For protection similar to that of guards but pretty much tacking anything that is not deeded citizens Of that village, I can definitely see that as being very, very annoying But that would be an idea for chaos and epic

• Like 1

I'd first off go about saying limit this to chaos and epic

however I'd start off with a generic npc bandit maybe 20FS with some light leather armor who hangs out in dead and dieing towns - turn those ruins into dungeons (its still player made) since they would spawn at ruins

also I don't really see any issues about bandits since we already have npc humanoids - trolls - goblins - a human or a ork archtype wouldn't really cause chaos and most of the AI is in place with guards - even a random raider hut (spawner) that makes 2-4 of them in a area

I really don't understand why they are not in game - I know people scream "wurm is made by players and only players" but its not like the raiders are gonna build some fortress city and hand out items - they just are another creature you fight - they don't teraform they don't mine they just add another layer to the game

• Like 1

I have to say Forgedrake You got idea of it so far, I may see who this would be added to the PVP servers at first wurm does not have a real combat system as of yet regardless of which method you take manual or automatic. It pretty much has the same results there is no real mechanics of the combat system, No degrees on how hard or how like you can swing it just the angle you can that is a nice touch don't get me wrong.

-1   PvE doesn't  want PvP-like events. These bandits are essential computer AI PvPer's.

Its been well proven over time that Wurm players don't want AI messing with our deeds. Well it might be ok if the system was opt-in.

Id like some bandit camps in forests / deserts that we can loot, everytime they are looted, they move away to next random location.

Each time when you want to loot it, you have to kill 2-4bandits =)

Loot could be little gems/jewellery/gear

A happy + exciting surprise when you travel around.

Larger servers could have more than 1 bandit camp at once.

+1

As we already have npc tower guards, deed guards, merchants and traders.

-1 pvp already a banditery on some point plus I rather see the current mobs polished than adding another that.. most likely broke ;) .

Also I don't want my outside-building decorations to be stolen.

Edited by rosedragon

+1 for humanoid aggros

-1 for valuable drops, "looting" (looting should remain to pvp), deed theft, corpse theft and all the other pvp features