Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

WoA on Destroy timers

Would be nice if woa had an impact on the timer for destroying a wall or whatever. Not to mention tool ql and other factors.

+1

30sec timers are bunk for higher ql and WoA tools. 

+1 

Seems plausible and would help in destroying walls/fences much faster.

-1 i understand enclosures wont be enclosures any more, but i can see this making it too easy for people with money and high BS to go around doing as they please. A 40-60ql stone wall should be a deterrent from some one breaking into a fenced area to take things, not something that an experienced player can laugh at and take out in less than an hour or so.

of course, if they make it so it only affects the timer when on a deed you are apart of/allianced with, then I say +1

Edit: added an alternative

Edited by Nicrolis

-1 i understand enclosures wont be enclosures any more, but i can see this making it too easy for people with money and high BS to go around doing as they please. A 40-60ql stone wall should be a deterrent from some one breaking into a fenced area to take things, not something that an experienced player can laugh at and take out in less than an hour or so.

of course, if they make it so it only affects the timer when on a deed you are apart of/allianced with, then I say +1

Edit: added an alternative

Dang it. I would have voted hell yes but you make a good point. Alternative is sound though.

+1  Look bottom line is if someone is going to bash your walls having or not having woa on their item of destruction is not going to stop them.

I tend to rehab an area that has been abandoned back to a natural state, there is this one area that has to have 500 hedges with a 30 second timer

and no xp for item used I find myself thinking wonder how long it will take them to decay. 

-1 would destroy pvp. So just deal with it freedom u cant get evrything...

Problem is theres no seperate code for pve and pvp. So "only freedom" doesn't work sadly.

so -1, unless theres seperation between pve and pvp

good point I tend not to think about pvp.

If we  are going to play this game, hah.

-1 For Freedom, with the new enclosure rules coming in, it just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

-1 For Pvp, obvious reasons.

... and its too much effort for little gain in the end, since 'Freedom' has 'Chaos' and thats 2-3 seperates of code that has to be done for something 90% of the FREEDOM server will never use.

Problem is theres no seperate code for pve and pvp. So "only freedom" doesn't work sadly.

so -1, unless theres seperation between pve and pvp

+1  Look bottom line is if someone is going to bash your walls having or not having woa on their item of destruction is not going to stop them.

I tend to rehab an area that has been abandoned back to a natural state, there is this one area that has to have 500 hedges with a 30 second timer

and no xp for item used I find myself thinking wonder how long it will take them to decay. 

I feel that it would stay as a deterrent to bash if WOA didn't affect bashing timers, as with faster timers it  would simply encourage more bashing.

(Also, for hedges trim to their lowest height and use an Axe, works very nicely :P)

-1 would destroy pvp. So just deal with it freedom u cant get evrything...

Lol why do PVP hate Freedom. One thing i noticed about this game... It's like brother and sister quibble. Argue for the sake of it.. I'm sure we are all nice people on both sides.. no need to be aggresive ;P

Pvp wise it would still be faster to use a catapult to take down a wall in comparison to doing it with a maul, even with the destroy timer was drastically shortened.

Personally its more for destroying walls on deeds where you have permissions. The long timer is an annoyance even with the citizen bonus to dmg.