Sign in to follow this  
Shakatra

What is your favorite thing about Wurm?

I can't find such a topic started anywhere. Maybe I'm not searching correctly.

Anyway - what is your absolute favorite thing or things about Wurm? - what is the essence at the heart of why you play this game?

Paying to waste my life watching timers and getting shafted when I make support tickets.

• Like 2

Logging in and doing whatever I want to do

Don't have to complete some quest that was half done or jump in to random forest to find dragon flowers.. just freedom =)

• Like 1

the fact that we can shape the land. Terra-forming in here has so many possibilities

• Like 2

Digging a hole over here to fill in a hole over there. Just kidding! Designing something myself and being able to build it and not have a blueprint to a premade thing I just gather by killing X monsters to supply the parts for.

My villagers and friends.

Oh, and catapulting freedoms offdeed stuff.

Edited by Nomadikhan

The freedom of terraforming and creation, and really being able to pick what you do.  I also like that there are consequences, and a need to understand sustainability.  If you clear cut your area of forest, its not gonna come back any time soon unless you take the time to pick sprouts and re-plant it.

• Like 2

Selling accounts and making money off of nerds.

Don't forget: 11s-10€ via paypal.

Wasting my life watching timers move and numbers increase 

Edited by atazs

The skills,  however "mostly" forestry and gardening.  - Making places look good with it.

Too many things to list...so my brother and I made hours and hours of videos trying to explain it all. Not sure if we fully did it...but came close.

• Like 5

i love that it can take years to play.

i played asheron's call for 5 yrs,  then everquest 1 for 4 yrs.  then tried all other mmo's  only lasting 1-4 months.  only darkfall 1 i made it to a 1yr mark.

wurm  3.5 yrs almost now. taking small breaks 1-2 months but always in the forums and log in at least once a week. 

i can't get into any other game now.  i'm back player asheron's call alittle  but most free time is on wurm or in the wurm forums. even at work iphone wurm forums on breaks.

peaceful in game.  forums lol  sometimes.

The forums, just kidding. The general freedom to make quests of your own imagination. Plus, meeting random people and even being able to do a bit of light role play makes an otherwise mundane real life day seem so much better. 

Being able to create whatever i can imagine in a peaceful environment. 

Drama.

Impressive response time to the original posting o.O

But you stole my answer..

*yells off stage to a Teacher*  Can he do that?  That was mine!

*See a nodding of heads* Damn it >.<

Hmph.. fine.. *pouts*

Has to be the ability to have "life and death" conversations/arguments on the forum or in the game, and still consider most of you friends.  Except Smejack *raises fist shaking it in impotent rage(Just kidding - I hate everyone equally - now git off ma lawn!)

tumblr_lo4mpilrFH1qfji82.gif

Edited by Hussars

Impressive response time to the original posting o.O

livinginthedatabase.gif

There are many things I like about Wurm. I don't think I can just chose one, so here we go:

1. Owning land. Yes, I know it's digital. Yes, I know it only exists on the Internet. But it's mine! All mine! I have my trees there, my bushes, my roads, my chests, my animals, my shack, my coastline... everything.

2. Flora. I love the trees, bushes, flowers and all other aspects of flora in Wurm. This is the only game I know where all those things are alive. They grow, they spread, they can be planted, cut down, etc.

3. Terraforming. I own land and I can shape it how I like.

4. Landscapes. There are so many beautiful places in Wurm and they all look different in different seasons. Right now, the winterscape near my deed looks so great.

5. Time required to make projects happen. In the era of instant gratification, it's cool to see how long it's taking me to do just one project on my deed. It makes the result more epic.

6. Living, breathing world and the freedom. I log in, I can go hunting, I can sail or swim, I can visit my neighbors, I can travel, I can make things, etc. In other games, you spend many hours braving impossible dungeons with 40 other people for that next level of pants. Here, you just log in and... live. Something charming about that :)

• Like 10