Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 18

"One way Expansion on Deeds"

Thank you Rolf and Devs and Staff of Wurm. Thank you.

Am I correct in assuming shifting a deed (while maintaining the same size) will still cost money?

Am I correct in assuming shifting a deed (while maintaining the same size) will still cost money?

Probably, else you could take your deed for a "walk" across the server. :P

• Like 2

Probably, else you could take your deed for a "walk" across the server. :P

Or at least until your marker is in the last tile of your deed.

Besides the AI stuff(that is a fix), another week without nothing interesting or useful.

*sigh*

I love the 1 way expansions!

But what i still don't understand is the "controversial enclosure rule". There was nothing controversial about it. It a visible house was in a fence and locked, don't touch it.

I love the 1 way expansions!

But what i still don't understand is the "controversial enclosure rule". There was nothing controversial about it. It a visible house was in a fence and locked, don't touch it.

The controversy was that people were abusing the rule to lay claim to large chunks of land without paying for it.

Grats on finding yet another way to mess up creature movement, must take a real effort by now.

Bison on deed have gone insane! The are moving constantly and packing tiles about as fast as a person can replant them. WAY too much movement on them now. 

This field was totally replanted in grass less than 2 hours before I took this screenie. http://prntscr.com/3f0tzp

Obligatory thumbs up to the most anticipated feature of Wurm.  Now time for sheep :x

did I miss a memo somewhere along the line?

If I had known a few weeks ago you were working on one way deed mods I would not have disbanded so I could expand without paying upkeep on a bunch of water tiles.   :angry:

More Silver into the porcelain solid waste removal system.

They way some things are handled you all should be Jonin  :ph34r:  by now.

Grousing aside, thank you for something the game has needed for ages, and for the continued work to try and put the I back in AI.

Bison on deed have gone insane! The are moving constantly and packing tiles about as fast as a person can replant them. WAY too much movement on them now. 

This field was totally replanted in grass less than 2 hours before I took this screenie. http://prntscr.com/3f0tzp

Same here bison are running none stop and packing everything, not to mention a pain to groom and very hard to breed

heya, only issue i have with this is the abandonment of the enclosure rule all together. i understand the pros and cons of it, but abandoning it completely  lends to the fact that you have to make some kind of money in game, or spend money for in game currency to protect your area. while this shouldn't be an issue for some, alot of players may not beable to do this, leading to their fresh new areas being torn down. while i understand the issues of someone building say, a shack, and fencing it in, just off deed of your settlement so you cant expand it. or not being able to expand because of a similar area being abandoned and you have to wait ages for the fences to decay, im wondering why their cant be some type of limited activity rule, where if the enclosed area does not receive a certain amount of activity ina given time, it can be destroyed?

1 Way Deed Expansions

best (and most needed) improvement in deed management in last 3 years, great work and thanks

1 Way Deed Expansions

Now, when does HalfLife ep3 comes out?  :D

• Like 2

thank you master baron thats very awesome :)

Creature Movement

Our developers are still looking into the AI of creatures.

We have managed to isolate a few reasons why creatures on deeds did not move and you should now finally see some movement again.

Hopefully we will see further feedback dropping in now and of course we will not give up until those creatures are working as intended.

Yeaah, 'awesome" AI update, you, guys, never fail to amaze me: horses are on top of each other again (when they don't try to climb up trees (again) or don't stick into trees (again) ), deers are as fast as real ones, unless they have some itches, because none stands still more than 5 seconds, making it impossible to tame them, bisons are running from grooming brush like Satan runs from Holy Water.

Oh, and that puke called "butchered corpse of something". Not important enough to be changed to something less disgusting, but important enough to be brought in the game as it looks now.

• Like 2

Yeaah, 'awesome" AI update, you, guys, never fail to amaze me: horses are on top of each other again (when they don't try to climb up trees (again) or don't stick into trees (again) ), deers are as fast as real ones, unless they have some itches, because none stands still more than 5 seconds, making it impossible to tame them, bisons are running from grooming brush like Satan runs from Holy Water.

Oh, and that puke called "butchered corpse of something". Not important enough to be changed to something less disgusting, but important enough to be brought in the game as it looks now.

Then lead them with a rope and they wont run from the brush???

• Like 3

heya, only issue i have with this is the abandonment of the enclosure rule all together. i understand the pros and cons of it, but abandoning it completely  lends to the fact that you have to make some kind of money in game, or spend money for in game currency to protect your area. while this shouldn't be an issue for some, alot of players may not beable to do this, leading to their fresh new areas being torn down. while i understand the issues of someone building say, a shack, and fencing it in, just off deed of your settlement so you cant expand it. or not being able to expand because of a similar area being abandoned and you have to wait ages for the fences to decay, im wondering why their cant be some type of limited activity rule, where if the enclosed area does not receive a certain amount of activity ina given time, it can be destroyed?

Join a town, there's tons of them

Getting cheaper I see  interesting....You could thank us for paying through the nose for land and supporting the beta. ;)  

Wish i could expand....

Can't deed over obelisk. Cant push it as i didnt build it. No option to destroy either.

I wish that perim was 2 instead of 5. 10 tiles wasted between my neighbor and I. I do understand the reason of having perim so that we cant box ppl in...but 5 tiles?

Can't deed over old mine entrance/tunnel that has collapsed and is not accessible no longer by mining down/up/around/etc and now a mob is in it...

Should be able to deed over mobs.

Also had to move 12 H horses to expand another deed...

Great to see one way expansion but it needs tweaking still.