Sign in to follow this  
Guzten

Take Back Mood Colors!

I actually laughed, someone upvoted my post so I realized this thread was necro'd. xD.

But really, doesn't matter what the default is. but I do agree a option would be nice for those who DON'T enjoy it.  Please bring this back though......it was funny, hilarious, unique, and, to some of us, it brought more color that (in my opinion) the game needs.  (cough, we could use more flowers/pretty trees, cough)

I agree 100% with it being able to be toggle off. You can toggle off butterflies and fireflies. You can toggle off pretty weather. Another toggle wouldn't hurt. You only have to turn it on once if it is set to off as default.

• Like 1

Wurm is more realism then fantasy.

Actually, there isn't one single realism thing in this game......Hint: The last word is why.

• Like 1

- Will colored mobs ever return as a client option?

(Johan) Not as they were at least. Rather we have been discussing the option of texture variations.

Though this would take up more graphic capacity it would look much better.

(Rolf) My guess is that there will be some sort of smart solution with spots, stripes, horns or something via shaders.

(Emil) Or we may add some particles/halo to them.

From the 2014 Q&A ~~ http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/115731-2014-developer-q-a/?hl=colored

• Like 2

I do prefer shaders over individual textures. It will open options for better dying schemes and even multiple dyes on different parts of an object while using less in the JAR files. That is if they work how I have used them before in other things. I'm all for that, Rolf!

• Like 1

Sorry but it any weird colors just completely kill immersion for me.

Sorry but it any weird colors just completely kill immersion for me.

So a flaming horse or massive champion trolls don't ruin your immersion but a pink unicorn does?

• Like 1

So a flaming horse or massive champion trolls don't ruin your immersion but a pink unicorn does?

• Like 1

Yeah I never said the game couldn't have magic. Those things are fine because the texture and colors look "natural".

A good comparison is the Lord of the rings films. The magic is great, but wouldn't you have a problem with a bright purple or pink horse walking by?

Edited by akaedis

In the LOTR Trilogy theirs a prime example in their with coloured creatures. Even the hobbit series as-well. Look at the Ents, Varies in colour, Size, And shape, Brown tree's to light tan barkless tree's. Then the goblins, Some were dark, Some were bright, Some looked like they had soft n pale skin, Some had bright or dark skin. You don't get to see much detail in the normal retail release, But if you go get the special extended edition(Of LOTR) you will see a bit more than one would in a theatre.  Point is, Coloured creatures is not all that uncommon in the fantasy world, Specially in fantasy. Take the balrog for example, from lotr, (Note: im no lotr/balrog genius, but this is my knowledge on it) The Balrog is a fire demon but has the ability to shroud itself in flames, But they were corrupted & changed by someone i can't remember the name of. Now a once mighty creature, Turned evil and forgotten to the depths of middle-earth. they can now cover themselves in darkness and much more

All n all, Its not new to the world of fantasy, Perhaps pure colour is a bit different, But not a green or pink coloured creature.  

• Like 1

Yeah I never said the game couldn't have magic. Those things are fine because the texture and colors look "natural".

A good comparison is the Lord of the rings films. The magic is great, but wouldn't you have a problem with a bright purple or pink horse walking by?

Always surprises me that some people think they know how a natural troll, natural goblin or natural unicorn looks...

+1 to fantasy creatures having cool traits like halos of colour, huge size variation for say champion creatures, speed differences where raging runs and moves faster, sly creatures don't have footsteps, and so forth.  If I wanted to play with things that look like real life things, I would not log into a fantasy world, simple as that. 

Edited by elf
  • Like 1

This game would be a complete and total slogfest if you removed everything not realistic and left only those thing realistic in it. How many 20kg dirts or ores do you think you could carry at a time? How many do you think would fit in that small forge? I don't think any of us would want to smelt 1 ore at a time in the name of realism. When is the last time you held a glowing hot item your hands? We won't even get into enchants and the other creatures in the game. If you are going to use immersion and realism as an argument, then petition for anything not realistic to go. A blue unicorn is about as realistic as any dragon or giant.

Edited by Audrel

... When is the last time you held a glowing hot item your hands? ...

it is bit offtopic, but I cant resist :D

it was probably 15 years ago, while I worked in iron-foundry as crew of casting line ... there we had special hot resistant gauntlets we used to pickup and place casts into iron transport crates ... some of bigger casts were still dark red glowing hot, while leaving that casting line ... and I still remember some of burns on my hands

• Like 1

it is bit offtopic, but I cant resist :D

it was probably 15 years ago, while I worked in iron-foundry as crew of casting line ... there we had special hot resistant gauntlets we used to pickup and place casts into iron transport crates ... some of bigger casts were still dark red glowing hot, while leaving that casting line ... and I still remember some of burns on my hands

didn't Handling glowing metal get banned a few years back? Because of health regulations?

Give us the option in graphics to turn on mood colours. EVERYONE is happy.

Edit: Only those that will be unhappy is those people who hate others being happy.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 5

Please pay attention to this and add some skins so we can toggle colours on or off.  

• Like 2

Please bring back animal colours (tints) and huge sizes for champs, perhaps throw in the mix some other graphics like cute unicorn babies and bison babies headbutting...cute things always appreciated.

+1

• Like 1