Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

help, I'm confused about perimeter

ok enough about the enclosure, I know that's futile.

perimeters, I own a deed so I need to know about them. I know this is wurm and lol I'm asking for definite information.

1 gates on deed with locks can be set to let villagers pass but not outsiders, does that work in perimeter?

2 only the deed holder can build a house in perimeter, can villagers with build options on deed build houses in perimeter?

3 do villagers even need permissions set to build houses in perimeter?

4 I hear guards/ Templars los when someone on list enter 2nd tile of perimeter. is that two tiles from deed edge or three tiles past perimeter edge, ie, deeds with 20 tile perimeters, how far into perimeter before guards go after targets?

5 if I buy a deed set with 20 perimeter and later increase deed, do I increase or decrease perimeter to do such?

6 is it possible to bash a wall while embarked on a boat?

7 does a catapult work from a ship?

8 breaking reinforced mine walls is possible on deed with permissions set, is it possible for an outsider to break down a reinforced wall in perimeter?

9 what is the maximum size a long house can be built? I hear 20, but the math seems to allow larger.

thanks

• Like 1

1 gates on deed with locks can be set to let villagers pass but not outsiders, does that work in perimeter?   No

2 only the deed holder can build a house in perimeter, can villagers with build options on deed build houses in perimeter?  Any villager can build in the perimeter (as far as I know)

3 do villagers even need permissions set to build houses in perimeter?  No

4 I hear guards/ Templars los when someone on list enter 2nd tile of perimeter. is that two tiles from deed edge or three tiles past perimeter edge, ie, deeds with 20 tile perimeters, how far into perimeter before guards go after targets?

3 tiles (but this needs to be tested again I think)

5 if I buy a deed set with 20 perimeter and later increase deed, do I increase or decrease perimeter to do such?
Increase the deed tiles, and reduce the perimeter (If I understand the question) keeping the outer boundary the same

6 is it possible to bash a wall while embarked on a boat? No  (I've since been told that bashing is possible on a cart, and so may be from a ship as well)

7 does a catapult work from a ship? No

8 breaking reinforced mine walls is possible on deed with permissions set, is it possible for an outsider to break down a reinforced wall in perimeter? Yes  Clarification - this is possible using a mag priest but would probably take great effort to do. Mines in perimeters are no different than mines not under deeds/perimeters - they have no special protection. Generally, this should not be a concern, but their is a small risk someone could get in if motivated to do so.

9 what is the maximum size a long house can be built? I hear 20, but the math seems to allow larger.  20 is the longest the game allows.

8 breaking reinforced mine walls is possible on deed with permissions set, is it possible for an outsider to break down a reinforced wall in perimeter? Yes

So reinforced cave walls con be mined off deed now?

Mags disintergrate spell has a very high difficulty chance to break reinforced tiles.

8 breaking reinforced mine walls is possible on deed with permissions set, is it possible for an outsider to break down a reinforced wall in perimeter? Yes

Sorry to contradict a head GM, but afaik answer is NO, they can't be break down (mined down).

Theoretically is possible with mag disintegrate spell but even that is very luck dependent (a 100 power cast would only have 10% to disintegrate said wall).

So while not entirely safe, reinforced walls are as safe as possible to make it unworthy for anyone to try to break in unless they really have a live goal in doing so.

6 is it possible to bash a wall while embarked on a boat? No

7 does a catapult work from a ship? No

If those questions mean what I think they mean (as in if your walls on perimeter in water zone make them safe, the answer is a bit more complex than this.

While indeed it is not possible to bash a wall or use a catapult while on a ship, is not a big issue for someone really wanting to break in to just raise a 1x1 tile of dirt from water either near your wall, either at a distance and finish a catapult on that tile.

Yes, unlikely to happen, but totally possible, and not very hard either.

Edited by ScarfaceRo

Sorry to contradict a head GM, but afaik answer is NO, they can't be break down (mined down).

Theoretically is possible with mag disintegrate spell but even that is very luck dependent (a 100 power cast would only have 10% to disintegrate said wall).

So while not entirely safe, reinforced walls are as safe as possible to make it unworthy for anyone to try to break in unless they really have a live goal in doing so.

You are correct, and I'll clarify my answer.

If a person is on KoS on PvE servers they will get a notice saying they have entered a hostile perimeter when they step upon a perimeter tile that is 5 tiles away from a deed tile. The Spirit Templar will then only attack that person when they step upon a deed tile. Then when you step off of that deed tile back onto perimeter they will stop attacking and return to their previous position. Killing them is pretty much a waste of time since they give no skills of any sort for doing so. Your weapon and armor will take damage, so it is rather pointless to kill them on PvE servers. They also respawn quite quickly now when killed in this way and will rush back to attack again if the person remains on a deed tile.

Tower Guards work a little differently and I will let others find that out for themselves. This was all confirmed a few days ago by myself. In my opinion this type of KoS should be removed on PvE servers and replaced with a mechanism that would prevent the player from entering the deed tile area. This old style of attempting to kill players with Kill on Sight should have no place on PvE servers since it is without regulation in its application and all too frequently used carelessly or with griefing in mind.

=Ayes=

Well that changed a while ago.  Rolf extended the Templar trigger into the perimeter (2 tiles ???) to attack anyone on KoS bashing walls on the deed / perimeter borders on the PvP servers.  But that new trigger area is also effecting on Freedom servers as well.

Not sure about the 2 tile rule but here is what I found out about guards and spirit templars, when running some tests about 3 months back.

Based on our discussion in game last night, I finally got some testing done. It appears if a guard tower is anywhere in the perimeter, if you get into the what Ill call "the aggro area" of the perimeter, the guards will dispatch to engage you if you are in range of the tower. You will get the message whether you are in range of the tower or not, if you aren't in range of the tower, you get the message but the guards dont come. Im calling the aggro range of the perimeter the 5 tiles immediately surrounding your deed. If you are in tile 6 thru whatever, its does nothing, which I thought was interesting. This is all on the perimeter. If you get on deed the spirit templar will engage, and will follow you to the edge of a 5 tile perimeter immediately surrounding the deed. So basically anything beyond 5 tiles of perimeter does nothing to engage guards or keep a spirit templar from following you. So with that being said if you go down the road nothing happens because its beyond the 5 tiles around my deed edge. In order to engage any activity you have to leave the road and go get closer to the deed. So the story that she travels the road and guards engage is false, if that is indeed what she is claiming.

I was able to eventually try this on two characters (XXXXXXXXX) (I was able to KOS someone in my alliance after all), and a throw away alt (XXX)

Character names removed because they aren't pertinent to the discussion.

And again I am not sure about the "2 tile rule" on freedom servers. I didnt pay that close attention. So I could be wrong about that above. Hopefully this clears up some questions folks may have.