Sign in to follow this  
boombza

Plusheeeeeeee?

So I've been thinking about this for awhile, designing cute wurm related plush/toy

Ideas so far;

- Old freedom model(the dude in green) plush. 
- A bag with a question mark stuffed toy. Could make it into a massive bean bag too... I'd love one D:
- puppets of the gods

I've asked Rose before if she knew any places that did custom plush, I coudln't find a dealer that did single custom plush. would love to know if anyone knows of someone that does that kind of thing. 

• Like 4

Sounds like an amazing idea, too bad I cannot help to find a manufacturer for you hehe.

Best of luck anyway, my cat would like them :rolleyes:

Edited by silakka

Totally make one of each god! Real life puppeteering skill :P

Totally make one of each god! Real life puppeteering skill :P

right?! I would totally buy it if Wurm makes some merchandising like this

• Like 1

So I've been thinking about this for awhile, designing cute wurm related plush/toy

Ideas so far;

- A bag with a question mark stuffed toy. Could make it into a massive bean bag too... I'd love one D:

- puppets of the gods

I've asked Rose before if she knew any places that did custom plush, I coudln't find a dealer that did single custom plush. would love to know if anyone knows of someone that does that kind of thing. 

Links behind spoiler tag in the case the staff want/need to remove them:

I do not work with or for any of these companies, just providing links for research purposes.

One off's

Happy Softies

http://www.happysofties.com/

Min order 500 units

Gann Memorials

http://www.gannmemorials.com/

Min 1000 units

Custom Plush

http://www.customplush.com/

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Actually, places I work on before have ordered some custom plushies. Compared to international company, these are cheap but they have limited colors and you have to buy em in bulk.

I can ask around again if we have the fund. I do want Libila and deathcrawler plushie :> .

• Like 1

Actually, places I work on before have ordered some custom plushies. Compared to international company, these are cheap but they have limited colors and you have to buy em in bulk.

I can ask around again if we have the fund. I do want Libila and deathcrawler plushie :> .

I'll look into the links @Hussars provided me and see where I go from there. At this point in time, I just want to have two or three custom ones to see if it'd be worth looking into. Just to see the quality of the products and if I think they'd sell. Like, I know I'd buy them for sure, I just dont know how many Wurmians will. 

If I do end up going into this, I'll do a three step process and have it public to the wurm community. Design a few things, get top 3 designs to be manufactured(just 1 each). Post pictures of it on the forums, see if people would actually be interested in purchasing then, if its a yes I'll start making bulk orders.

Will I need permission from Rolf? :P 

What if my design were filling in gaps, say... making the puppets of the gods, they currently have no models so would that mean I have the right to the design but just not the names of the gods? 

Given that the gods design is intellectual property of codeclub you probably have to.. unless you design them whole differently (never liked the avatars except Lib, they weren't at all how I imagined them).

Oh also a Wurm plushee!

Given that the gods design is intellectual property of codeclub you probably have to.. unless you design them whole differently (never liked the avatars except Lib, they weren't at all how I imagined them).

Oh also a Wurm plushee!

Well I would think the puppets of the ACTUAL gods. So like the crappy god icons I made for the valrei map. lol

I'll look into the links @Hussars provided me and see where I go from there. At this point in time, I just want to have two or three custom ones to see if it'd be worth looking into. Just to see the quality of the products and if I think they'd sell. Like, I know I'd buy them for sure, I just dont know how many Wurmians will. 

If I do end up going into this, I'll do a three step process and have it public to the wurm community. Design a few things, get top 3 designs to be manufactured(just 1 each). Post pictures of it on the forums, see if people would actually be interested in purchasing then, if its a yes I'll start making bulk orders.

Will I need permission from Rolf? :P 

What if my design were filling in gaps, say... making the puppets of the gods, they currently have no models so would that mean I have the right to the design but just not the names of the gods? 

If you're planning to even try to make money on it, you will need permission from CodeClub.  They have a "Usage Rights" page somewhere outlining what their policies are/were.

Found it (Fan Site rules)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/3050-fansite-policy/

Section in there about commercialization/monetizing.

Ideas so far;

- puppets of the gods

I will buy a bag with a question mark!!

Lava Fiend and Hell Horses! :D

Tbh - We need to poke the marketing man in the team to get a proper goodies store - we need moar plushes, mugs and artbooks from and for wurm !

And from what i see, our creative community could have a nice place in such store as well.

Anything but the freedom pickle model... the question mark bag plushie does sound cute.

If you're planning to even try to make money on it, you will need permission from CodeClub.  They have a "Usage Rights" page somewhere outlining what their policies are/were.

Found it (Fan Site rules)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/3050-fansite-policy/

Section in there about commercialization/monetizing.

I had a good read of that, thanks for digging it up for me! So seems like I will have to ask them, though who do I ask? haha Redbaron? 

One off's

Happy Softies

I had a look at this, its probably the best one since you can do one offs. 

So my idea is that, if you want to get a "Wurm" plush, simply mail them one of the designs I throw up. Which means each individual have to go through the process themselves to get the toy instead of having me do bulk orders, I still got to email the site to see they'd be happy to receive multiple order of the same kind.

That also means that I will get 0% of the profit and the only party that gets anything is the manufacturer. I still have to ask ClubCode if they will allow this, since they wont be getting anything from it either, whilst it still uses from of their intellectual properties. 

Thanks for helping me Hussars :)

Tbh - We need to poke the marketing man in the team to get a proper goodies store - we need moar plushes, mugs and artbooks from and for wurm !

And from what i see, our creative community could have a nice place in such store as well.

I would be great if we had a game store to buy Wurm stuff :D Especially if it had the help of the wurm community :) 

Anything but the freedom pickle model... the question mark bag plushie does sound cute.

Aww but the pickle model was iconic :P 

but yehhh I'd love to have a little questionmark bag sitting on my desk :D

Edited by boombza

Lol, no problem.

As for who to contact, I'd just email the Sr. GM team, Rolf, and RedBaron, one of them will be able to loop in whoever needs to be in the know and Rolf will likely need to be involved anyway so might as well at least cc him in on the initial contact.

Edited by Hussars

So just an update;

I've gotten to go ahead from the Wurm team, meaning if I was able to make it possible to order Wurm related designs from Happy Softies, they'd be happy for me to set that up. On the condition that I make sure people know that its not an official Wurm product.

I've recently got in contact with Happy Softies and awaiting their reply, if all is good then I'll start on some designs for people to send in and get their own Wurm fan-art plush :D 

Edited by boombza

So just an update;

I've gotten to go ahead from the Wurm team, meaning if I was able to make it possible to order Wurm related designs from Happy Softies, they'd be happy for me to set that up. On the condition that I make sure people know that its not an official Wurm product.

I've recently got in contact with Happy Softies and awaiting their reply, if all is good then I'll start on some designs for people to send in and get their own Wurm fan-art plush :D 

I'd love a plush of me n boo :D

I'd love a plush of me n boo :D

Haha, that would be cool, though im starting simple at the moment. 

So I'm designing  the puppets of the gods at this stage. the bag with a question mark is pretty simple, so no point designing that. 

You should do a question mark bag as a rucksac style string tie bag :D