Sign in to follow this  
neofit

New butchered corpses graphics

This is how some of the corpses look now when butchered:

aaa.jpg

This applies to trolls, all sizes of horses, probably many others. Wild cats and bisons are unaffected yet. That tiny pile, the size of the former butchered foal corpse, used to be an old greenish troll.

This looks horrible. Could you please revert to the old ones? I'd rather have troll corpses strewn around my property to warn the others than these new piles of Hannibal leftovers.

• Like 11

These piles look truly horrible.

I love them.

• Like 2

Guys, please specify if the +1 is for the revert or for the beauty of the regurgitated pile :).

these are temporary as i understand it. They had these awhile back before changing to new ones. Currently they are in place of ones for animals that DONT currently have a butchered model.

Had a scorpion corpse turned that once butchered as well, it's grizzly as heck, I like it but I'd assume it's just a placeholder model?

regurgitated pile :).

Precisely what it looks like to me and a temperate word used to describe it. It also could have come out of the other end as well if one was pondering the appearance from behind. Anyway I say Yech! to it. Very unsightly, I do believe.

=Ayes=

So people do not like these... Excellent. Now grab a shovel.

these are temporary as i understand it. They had these awhile back before changing to new ones. Currently they are in place of ones for animals that DONT currently have a butchered model.

I just hope this "temporary" will not stay temporary forever. The same model for butchered and unbutchered corpse was much, much better that this uniform and ugly thing, invisible from 7 tiles away.

So people do not like these... Excellent. Now grab a shovel.

There are reasons to leave butchered corpses lying around. They don't need to look like this.

These are new. I'm just out of a 3 months long greenish troll invasion, I've killed 100+ of them, they used to lie around butchered in the same way they were when unbutchered. The model changed a few days ago. They shouldn't change it until they have a real butchered model, the current one is just disgusting.

There are reasons to leave butchered corpses lying around. They don't need to look like this.

What would the reasons be to leave them lying around? I always bury them myself, so if I am missing some good reason not to do so I would be interested in hearing about it. Still, it might not be good enough to prevent me from making this ugliness vanish.

=Ayes=

These are new. I'm just out of a 3 months long greenish troll invasion, I've killed 100+ of them, they used to lie around butchered in the same way they were when unbutchered. The model changed a few days ago. They shouldn't change it until they have a real butchered model, the current one is just disgusting.

they are not new textures/models. they have been used before. why they change them to this, I can only guess

My guess: mobs that do not currently have models for butchered versions do not have the coding to change to a butchered version. by adding this they can make sure that in every occasion that the new butchered model will render when butchered.

Terrible - looks like someone threw out his inners   :wacko:

+1 to reverting. These piles are just disgusting! 

Some people should read :)

Im fine as they are since the model will be there sooner than later.

If it is to disgusting just bury it hehe butchering is a messy busyness.

It is both a matter of performance(having all those different models just lying around) and economy for production for just the small factor of butchered on all creatures.

There is plenty of more important things to put our production budget on and at least now there will be a standard state for those who did not get this until we get around to making them all.

Also it will be good as it saves texture memory ;)

But we should double check to see if the size is to small probably.

How difficult would it be to have a checkbox to turn these into the "no texture" bag for the squeamish? Might be a compromise if it's quick to code.

• Like 1

Funny thing is that tiny pile still weighs the same as the full mob :P

• Like 1

Agreed, it looks like something a dog puked or some such...

I think the old method of just keeping the butchered model and texture is actually better.

I'm impressed how many people are disgusted by a couple of video game pixels.

While the lack of a generic visual cue for differentiating between butchered and unbutchered corpses, this "butcher refuse pile" creates a consistency problem (item name, corpse type confusion) that may actually be a bit worse, on top of looking generally strange. Either way, the size of the model should probably scale with the weight of the corpses to seem more intuitive.