Sign in to follow this  
Tytrus

The Cartographer

yJ3fFXj.png

For those that don't know, cartography is the study and practice of making maps.  If you have an area of land you want mapped out, I'm your man!

With the upcoming changes to the enclosure rule, many people will be watching their undeeded sections of land quite closely.  If you'd like a detailed map of this land, I can do just that for you!  I can use a flat 2D program like Excel or a 3D program like the Deedplanner to map out anything you choose.

Things I can map and detail for you:

1. Deed and Perimeter
  2. Off-deed areas you use close to your village
  3. Lands that exist amongst your alliance
  4. Hunting grounds
  5. Mines you have access to
  6. Trade routes for easier travel to other villages

So whether you're wanting to help out your new villagers or alliance members with a map of the local area, trying to keep an eye on the progress and changes to off-deed land you use, or would like a detailed layout of your cave systems or hunting grounds; I'm the man to hire!

Since I have no precedent with this kind of hired work I wouldn't begin to know what to charge for the size and detail of a job.  With that being said I have a special offer for the first 2 customers who want a map created for them (one map must be 2D and the other must be 3D).  For the first 2 customers I'm willing to map an area at 1s each.  After these experiences I'll have a better idea of what I'd like to charge for such a service.

I'm located on Independence in the Freedom Cluster and I am willing to travel anywhere on Independence to map an area for you.  I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance for any business you send my way!

EDIT:  A 3D map and a 2D map have both been ordered and completed, so now the price will rise based upon the project desired and can be negotiated.

Edited by Tytrus
  • Like 2

Nice idea!

Two suggestions: add [independence] to the title and offer the two first jobs at a fixed rate, like for free.

Nice idea!

Two suggestions: add [independence] to the title and offer the two first jobs at a fixed rate, like for free.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it, however...

I don't want Independence to be in the title.  Tell me how many merchant adds you see with the word Independence in the title.  It is, however, already tagged with Independence.

Mapping out an area in more detail than the community map is a lot of time and work, so I won't give the first 2 maps away for free, however I will do them for cheap (this is the point of negotiating costs).  Most likely I'd make the first 2 maps and THEN speak to the customers about a price that is reasonable.  Most likely this price will be negotiated at very low.  With this in mind it gives me the chance to see exactly how much time and effort goes into such a creation before I offer a flat rate.

your little graphic is misspelled :P

Thanks for that. lol  Have had trouble hitting those two keys at the same time lately.

I've decided to change the first 2 map offer to something more solid and straight forward, but still cheap for the work involved.  The first 2 customers to hire my services will get a map for 1s.  Upon hiring me we'll go over the particulars of how much detail you want in the map and of what you want mapped, etc.  I've edited the original post to reflect this.

*The first customer to order a 2D mapping will get it for 1s.  The first customer to order a 3D mapping will get it for 1s.  After either of these contracts is fulfilled, the price range will change for that type of map according to the work being done.

Edited by Tytrus

I live far, far, far, far away from you in Cele, but I really hope your business takes off and you get contracts even if only once in a while. This is a great an original idea! I love it.

• Like 1

I live far, far, far, far away from you in Cele, but I really hope your business takes off and you get contracts even if only once in a while. This is a great an original idea! I love it.

Thank you for the free bump and support!  I'm hoping to get some business with this at some point, even if only here and there a little at a time.

MAJOR EDIT:

I might add that this business doesn't just go for existing deeds or locations.  I can also map/design you a deed/area using deedplanner or excel; an area that doesn't exist yet but you'd like to see how it would look before building.  Just putting that out there.

Edited by Tytrus

Thanks for a quick design!

Easily give you five out of five bearsharks. All I had to do was briefly describe the area and the 'look' I  was going for. Only thing I changed was literally one fence. And thanks for taking the time to do the little things like the horse statues near the gate even though its a small project you flushed it out with details.

• Like 1

Thanks for a quick design!

Easily give you five out of five bearsharks. All I had to do was briefly describe the area and the 'look' I  was going for. Only thing I changed was literally one fence. And thanks for taking the time to do the little things like the horse statues near the gate even though its a small project you flushed it out with details.

Thank you for your business! 

Since Bonegetter ordered a 3D deedplanner map, that takes the 1s offer for the first 3D map off the table.  From here on out, 3D maps will be negotiated upon size of the area being mapped.

1 - 2D mapping of Puzzle Plaza Market on Deliverance. This should help folks find some things they are looking for in the future. Especially since there are over 70 stalls and most are filled.

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

1 - 2D mapping of Puzzle Plaza Market on Deliverance. This should help folks find some things they are looking for in the future. Especially since there are over 70 stalls and most are filled.

Thank you. :)

Done and done.

• Like 1

Awesome work! Thank you for spending the time to help me out with this project. I was also incorrect.. The market has grown to 92 stalls.

For those interested in the quality of this gentleman's work, check the spoiler below. He has also provided me a great way to easily update the merchant names, etc.

AvplCH0.jpg

Thanks again Tytrus!

Edited by Webbler
  • Like 1