Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

Trader Strategy on Xanadu

Remember that if he does not announce changes to Traders they will pay out a HUGE amount of coin early on during the Life of the Server as players come in and buy things from the towns Traders and make Deeds.  Also all of the Traders in the Main Towns will have a very large sum of Coin early on from all the Purchases that Happen during the Initial Rush onto a New Server.  

Of Course Rolf "could" change something, but I have never seen him change anything to do with Traders Yet.

To give an example when Pristine opened there was endless amounts of silvers to be had from the Traders in Blossom.  I decided after I found Silver Ore a few days into Pristine to go all out on Jewelry Smithing and gained well over 3 Gold from those Traders in a few days.

If you buy one Trader you can buy additional Traders for less than 40s from that one.  Also Land costs appear to be even cheaper now and you can make a Larger Deed for less coin.

Most Traders level out to earning around 6-8s a month over time, But the initial months can bring 40, 50, or more silver to each Trader as the players flood into the Server purchasing Settlement Forms, Merchant Contracts, and among other things Trader Contracts as well.

Just Beware and be Prepared as a Very Nice opportunity will occur for much coin for a few months after this Server Launches.

Anyhow have fun! o/ ;)

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

i thought u vanished.....

He probably has wet pants just thinking how much money he can make off Xanadu, considering how much he made off early trader deeds on Pristine, a 16 times smaller server.

Let us hope Rolf finally makes a few good decisions, and removes traders and farmable drake armor from any and all new servers.

• Like 7

I say welcome back, if anything the capitalist spirit is strong in you, who wants to handle horse krap? only the guy making money hand over fist selling manure to more horse farms.

even if I think it's low.....

Welcome back protuinia, may we enjoy many more of your -1's

And why did you "rage quit"? >_>

Don't put their shacks too close for deeds to be between them. haha

Welcome back?

Prehaps this is a ploy to get us all to buy traders to boost trader turnout? haha

He just wants everyone to flood the market with traders <grin> Otherwise if he was going to he wouldn't mention it.

He just wants everyone to flood the market with traders <grin> Otherwise if he was going to he wouldn't mention it.

Probably just wants to make sure traders on Xanadu are pre nerfed so nobody else can do what he did previously or force people to waste money and rage against Rolf when he's forced to stop it.

He's a spoiler.

The mysterious Trader Guru pops into the forums for a visit and stir the pot of intrigue.

Hopefully no Traders will be allowed to be placed upon Xanadu and those that are at the starter towns will not buy anything from players other than on the same basis as what can be sold at Tokens. Then all these payouts can instead more than account for deed upkeep to be cut in half as has been done with deed tile placement fees. Then the surplus can go into game profitability.

Time will tell. Either way I will continue to enjoy what the game has to offer as this new server comes into existence.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Protunia they let you out of the time out corner.

My God people still whining about traders.

• Like 1

The mysterious Trader Guru pops into the forums for a visit and stir the pot of intrigue.

Hopefully no Traders will be allowed to be placed upon Xanadu and those that are at the starter towns will not buy anything from players other than on the same basis as what can be sold at Tokens. Then all these payouts can instead more than account for deed upkeep to be cut in half as has been done with deed tile placement fees. Then the surplus can go into game profitability.

Time will tell. Either way I will continue to enjoy what the game has to offer as this new server comes into existence.

=Ayes=

I agree 100%. Even as one who owns several traders I hope Xanadu has no trader draining.

I say no selling to traders. Just plant one on deed for convenience and reap taxes if neighborhood uses it. Use tokens for junk selling if you lile that sort of grind. Then Rolf can use the excess kingdom silver to lower the price for buying silver at www store.

Just when you thought there could be no more Xanadu threads...

• Like 2

Just when you thought there could be no more Xanadu threads...

Come on Klaa seems every time a new server is due to come online people push their own agenda and or try to reinvent

the game. It does provide entertaining reading while in the mine.

Hopefully no Traders will be allowed to be placed upon Xanadu and those that are at the starter towns will not buy anything from players other than on the same basis as what can be sold at Tokens. Then all these payouts can instead more than account for deed upkeep to be cut in half as has been done with deed tile placement fees. Then the surplus can go into game profitability.

=Ayes=

+99.99

*Making plans to place many size 5 trader deeds* You know making 50s or more per a month in the first few months is so nice.

*Making plans to place many size 5 trader deeds* You know making 50s or more per a month in the first few months is so nice.

Quite disappointed to see that you are perpetuating this alluring myth Joedobo. Are you not the person who has placed a number of Trader deeds upon Deliverance in an attempt to open the Trader draining mechanism to the common player? How has that worked out, I wonder. Still, I have my doubtful hopes that this will not be allowed to happen upon Xanadu. No need to make the same mistakes there as well, eh?

=Ayes=

Quite disappointed to see that you are perpetuating this alluring myth Joedobo. Are you not the person who has placed a number of Trader deeds upon Deliverance in an attempt to open the Trader draining mechanism to the common player? How has that worked out, I wonder. Still, I have my doubtful hopes that this will not be allowed to happen upon Xanadu. No need to make the same mistakes there as well, eh?

=Ayes=

I have two that are like that. I don't take any money from them and maintain the ratio (on reset day buy 10s in player goods and then drain that 10s back into my pockets) throughout the month. The payouts have been too small on my other traders to place more. Almost all trader silver funds now go towards upkeep and premium. Selling goods isn't going well either. Just haven't been able to make enough excess money to place more. I'm not selling currency and my bank balance is shrinking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the trader money system. But if someone is going to hand out free money I'm going to take as much of it as I can. I'd much rather see those funds reallocated to say reduce upkeep or maybe allow any premium to have a free small deed (free as in no buy or upkeep costs).

I was making more than 50s a month on a trader when Deli first went live. It is very possible to make that much at first. It does seems the Devs are leaning towards not allowing trader draining/wealth distribution on Xanadu. Although, no word has been said so for now I"ll assume it will be business as usual.

Hopefully no Traders will be allowed to be placed upon Xanadu and those that are at the starter towns will not buy anything from players 

This will break the economy even more, -1

*looks at topic starter*

i meant