Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Mega Server test Tuesday 29 April 23.00 CEST/5 PM EST

Apparently you can login in test 2 server now, not sure if it is intended and play

16x would have been so lovely though :(

• Like 1

Apparently you can login in test 2 server now, not sure if it is intended and play

this is normal.  It is not Xanadu.

Well if done right with not a lot of water then 4x should be fine for everyone. Although anything less than 16x just seems like a cheap knockoff now, lol

tbh like, 16x the size of chaos is absolutely ridiculous

like it's just absurd and considering the fact that ~600 players made it unstable, that kind of server really doesn't seem to hold potential for any large number of players.

tbh like, 16x the size of chaos is absolutely ridiculous

like it's just absurd and considering the fact that ~600 players made it unstable, that kind of server really doesn't seem to hold potential for any large number of players.

It was unstable before any servers logged in - so we can conclude that players were not the problem.

Is this going on? Thought it was supposed to be up right now?

29th is different to the 28th. They're different days.

• Like 3

Thank goodness we have someone as smart as you to point this out. I swear yesterday when I read this it was today...

Thanks

Another server test missed because ofvthevtimezone I am in

:(:(:(:(

Regardless of the outcomes of this test, I personally think introductions of new servers model XXL should be held off until they actually work, I.E are stable and optimized enough to be able to function as a substitute for a cluster of smaller servers. Aside from the usual excitement surrounding every new server opening a new one that are "only" 4x larger seems anticlimactic and a bit pointless.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 1

uh anyone know how to fix this for test client ?  Update Failed!(Error: All attempts failed for META-INF/MANIFEST.MF)

uh anyone know how to fix this for test client ?  Update Failed!(Error: All attempts failed for META-INF/MANIFEST.MF)

Same thing. Tried to run 32/64bit versions of Java.

Same here.   When this has happened before it was an incomplete upload on the server side so has anybody been able to download in the past hour+?

Ahh,  delete test_graphics.jar from packs directory in Wurm install dir and it works just fine.   There might be a .tmp file for test_graphics, delete that too.

It's safe if you only delete the test version.

Client now installed.

edit: thx to mamadarkness for solution

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

Ah ok, it's 23:00 CEST, I misread the post somehow.. Oh well, then it's too late for us working europeans I guess. 

Yes delete or rename the test_graphics.jar and the temp one as well, it will convert the files from graphics jar, and wont need to download anything.

I had to rename the graphics.jar file, as well, to get it to finally work.

Ahh,  delete test_graphics.jar from packs directory in Wurm install dir and it works just fine.   There might be a .tmp file for test_graphics, delete that too.

It's safe if you only delete the test version.

Client now installed.

edit: thx to mamadarkness for solution

Can Someone please move this to the first post of this topic, so that people can get prepared?   TY

Countdown : auction_timer_1398805199.gif

8s for Xanadu, dang I should have waited till the last second, no snipe protection.

• Like 1

Can Someone please move this to the first post of this topic, so that people can get prepared?   TY

This solution doesnt work for me, when I retry pack update, it still will just remake them both and tell me the same error

Sign in to follow this