Sign in to follow this  
Carnaxus

Wurm desktop icon?

Hey everyone.  In order to help Wurm run more smoothly on my laptop, I've created a .bat file that tells Java to use 4GB of my 8GB of RAM.  The game runs great!  However, this led to a different (though small) problem: there's no desktop icon for Wurm!  When the game adds its shortcut on the desktop, it has an icon; however, when I go into the properties and press "change icon" to find it, my computer says the file does not exist.  I have searched every single Wurm-related folder I can find on my computer, and I admit I even took a peek inside the .jar files to see if it was hidden away in there somewhere.

Long story short, I found absolutely nil.  So...I'm hoping someone here can either point me in the right direction or perhaps even create one.

Moved to Community Assistance.

Oh?  I figured artistic was at least semi-relevant due to my requesting an icon be made if there isn't one.  TIL, I suppose.

In other news, hi shrimp!  I'm Kikriana from Indie.

Ah, well I was basing it off the very last part, that is requesting if anyone can point you in the right direction; if you wish I can move it back of course :)

Edited by Shrimpiie

Here is the icon i uploaded it to tinyupload.. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30496830973609952262

If you right click the original icon it will give you the link in the change icon thing to where it is stored on your pc but i just took it renamed it to wurm and uploaded it for everyone. .

Thank you!  I tried right-clicking and doing "change icon" but it told me the file (aka the icon) didn't exist.

Hi, try this:

Open the control panel in windows, click Java, then on the  'General' tab click the 'View' button under Temporary Internet Files, 

Right-click the Wurm Online application and select 'Install Shortcuts'

Hi, try this:

Open the control panel in windows, click Java, then on the  'General' tab click the 'View' button under Temporary Internet Files, 

Right-click the Wurm Online application and select 'Install Shortcuts'

I'll do that if this comes up again.