Sign in to follow this  
Shakatra

Is everyone leaving for Xanadu?

Not for a few weeks at least, and seems to be a fairly mixed reaction from the vocal forum posters.  Dunno about the general populace that does not voice their opinions here though.

From what i have heard here and ingame only about 50-100 are leaving maybe a few more but definatley not a majority

Other than the big time multi cluster types, I'd say at most 1/5 are leaving for Xanadu. Absolute tops. And of those, most are usually relatively fresh settled (ie not much they are walking away from).

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 28, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 28, 2014 - trolling

Everyone leave to Xanadu and fill it up before wurm can get new players. You don't want any of those around.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 28, 2014 - cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 28, 2014 - cleanup

Everyone leave to Xanadu and fill it up before wurm can get new players. You don't want any of those around.

Do you really expect there to be that many new players the game has been around for what 10 years? Unless they do some really good marketing i think we will just see some old returning players from mass emails that will probably leave in a few months after the new wears off again.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 28, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 28, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Do you really expect there to be that many new players the game has been around for what 10 years? Unless they do some really good marketing i think we will just see some old returning players from mass emails that will probably leave in a few months after the new wears off again.  

This +1

Well yes, if you fill it with old players again thats exactly what will happen.

no i wont move.  i may setup 1 deed there as a trading post .  and i know i will want to explore it for sure though.

Okay, mixed responses. Is it safe to bet that settling down on an old server won't be counterproductive (I want to find an active community), or is it more likely that most settlements will be migrating to Xanadu?

Unless they shut down Pristine (which they aren't) I'm not budging.

In short, no, I am not leaving.

no i wont move.  i may setup 1 deed there as a trading post .  and i know i will want to explore it for sure though.

Knowing your history of moving around to different locations and servers, I doubt you will be able to resist its allure for long. Then shortly thereafter you will have  huge deed somewhere and be busy moving all your items and characters to it. Then you will have to dream up more ways to avoid having your wife find out about all this.

*winks*

Okay, mixed responses. Is it safe to bet that settling down on an old server won't be counterproductive (I want to find an active community), or is it more likely that most settlements will be migrating to Xanadu?

Most likely the vast majority will remain upon their current servers and be wanting others to join their villages to replace those who have departed. I would say just research the servers a bit by reading their respective forums which include maps and recruitment sections and go form there. I live on a few servers and have found they each have their own distinct environments and local communities, probably most influenced by those who live in that location.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I will definitely move to Xanadu IF it's a clustered start for at least a year or so(like Release/Pristine).

Was always looking forward to be part of a fresh start, after missing the Release-release :rolleyes:

But I think they said it'll be connected right? In that case, I'm not sure if I want to give up on my current deed... I'll check for a new location for sure though

Maybe, maybe not.

I already have 2 very large deeds and a small one, that's in a area I like. However, I will likely check it out, and if I see a area with nobody in site for 10-15 minutes + a nice forested area, I just might make a 100x100 deed and sell off the other ones.

Maybe, maybe not.

I already have 2 very large deeds and a small one, that's in a area I like. However, I will likely check it out, and if I see a area with nobody in site for 10-15 minutes + a nice forested area, I just might make a 100x100 deed and sell off the other ones.

Another player that will no doubt be hiding out on some remote spot upon Xanadu.

*grins*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Well the more they shrink it down in size the less appealing it gets but i already sold everything so i guess i am going either way. 

When Xanadu was first announced I was excited to move there since I've never lived on a brand new server but after learning that us "old" toons aren't welcome I won't be going there until the dust has settled and then only to look around. No way I'm putting money into Xanadu. 

If you are a brand new player I'd recommend that you avoid going to Xanadu unless you have a village to support you there. A new server means no roads, no guard towers, and loads of mobs. Not a very friendly place for a noob on their own. Good luck in Wurm! 

• Like 1

My crew are planning to head over to Xanadu, fresh start and itll be nice to start on a big blank spot again :)

I am going to be playing for a month skill up a char and then sell it :P