Sign in to follow this  
DefImp

Enclosures Gone...Perimeters Not

Certainly building and enclosers should be protected on perims. there isnt a perim tile that isnt attached to a paid for deed, nor can anyone but the deed  holders use that land for anything but destruction.  That being said, the game itself needs to add either coding or a line of text to the rules stating that the outside tile of perim may not be blocked to ensure passage rights.  What started out as a way to eliminate huge free undeeded enclosures got twisted into a lets grief paying players perimeters crusade. Seems that the timid aggessive players need somewhere to go besides pvp, why not give them thier own server instead of destroying the freedom concept that has been steadily pulling in players for the past 5 years.

Since huge enclosures have never been defined, if perims are getting too big for the game to deal with, then limit thier size based on deed size, for exaple size 10 deed, max 10 perim.

• Like 1

Speaking as a player :-

The problem with reducing the auto set perimeter to 1 or 2 is that KoS mechanics are triggered in the first 2 perimeter tiles closest to a deed. Having only 3 tiles of perimeter as default would make it much harder for players to bypass deeds they are KoS on.

I don't see a problem with the perimeters staying as they are. They never were meant as deed tiles, and it has always been stated they are wilderness.

Simple! Remove KOS from triggering guards on the free perimeter. Game endured so long without that, i never really understood the need for that to be extended to the perimeter, except that i lost a utmost copper node and my only source of lead because of it.

Simple! Remove KOS from triggering guards on the free perimeter. Game endured so long without that, i never really understood the need for that to be extended to the perimeter, except that i lost a utmost copper node and my only source of lead because of it.

Guards are so slow anyway that you will be 2 deeds away before they put down their newspapers to see what that alarm is about.

What started out as a way to eliminate huge free undeeded enclosures got twisted into a lets grief paying players perimeters crusade. Seems that the timid aggessive players need somewhere to go besides pvp, why not give them thier own server instead of destroying the freedom concept that has been steadily pulling in players for the past 5 years.

What started as a way to protect the shed and farm of new new players turned into a way to get legal protection of the perimeter which is supposed to be unprotected wilderness.

It really makes me sad that new players are hit the most. They can't build 50QL stone walls yet so they now have to spend money upfront for a deed on a game with a steep learning curve. If they can find a spot to put the smallest deed in.