Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

bye bye enclosure, hello TRACKING

Since we have no enclosure rule to help prevent 'random' greifing, let us use tracking more effectivly. 3hrs is a joke when tracking down perps :) bump it to at least the last 8hrs. people do sleep for more than 3 hrs a day. Was just informed tracking doesnt improve with skill?

• Like 3

Let the grief games commence! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Tracking covers the past 3 wurm days, 24 hours real time.

1 wurm day = 3 hours. Wurm runs at 8x real time speed.

1 wurm day = 3 hours. Wurm runs at 8x real time speed.

Wups, 1 day per 8 hours was a different game. Still means that tracking covers the past 9 hours... which is kinda short tbh.

Yes, track them, and then you can....uhhh...say mean things to them in tells.

• Like 5

Tracking is a very poor indicator to tell that the person tracked was actually the one who broke into an area initially. Another person may later come along and go inside the area when they have seen a missing wall or fence. I have noted too many times when this has happened and people have blamed others not at fault due to their use of tracking as "proof" that the persons tracks they have found were the culprit who had broken into some area.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Tracking is a very poor indicator to tell that the person tracked was actually the one who broke into an area initially. Another person may later come along and go inside the area when they have seen a missing wall or fence. I have noted too many times when this has happened and people have blamed others not at fault due to their use of tracking as "proof" that the persons tracks they have found were the culprit who had broken into some area.

=Ayes=

I've personally been in the middle of a dispute because of the exact reason and being on epic if you get in the middle of something like this you get killed and stuff goes missing.

• Like 1

Finally Berris will make millions, that genius saw the future.

+1 tracking needs love

• Like 3

Tracking has been a joke ever since it was added. As far as i know when you track a tile it tracks the tiles around you but i don't know... If it does, then that's just stupid. Anyway +1

Edited by atazs

Or I can make sure that perimeter wall is nothing but a bunch of gates, since they were blocking access for 'the newbies'...

Or cut down every tree for 50 tiles, even the fruit trees because hey Im grinding carpentry...

Or build a 5 tile wide cobblestone race track, around that deed, the horses in that perimeter would appreciate that...

Or turn the grassy field near a deed into sand, I thought it would look better there...

Or build a shack every other tile as I pull up that wemp field, I thought wemp wasn't legal btw, again Im grinding carp...

Or I could plant a high QL sign informing passerbys that this is a deed boarder and is therefore not safe, on every tile...

Or as you stated I could just greif them?

Better yet perhaps I could grind catapult skill in the boarder of starter towns... to let newbies understand that enclosures were a bad thing from the get go because they didnt have 90 carp and couldnt spam fences in a third of the time?

Once perimeters and enclosures are officially deemed non-protected land theres all kinds of possibilities, because hey I CAN do what I want, even if it's on purpose because how does one bash a fence by accident?

**The better TRACKING works the less likely misdirected actions such as those could happen.**

• Like 1

Misinformation is wurms specialty, even improved it will always indite more trouble then it would solve.

• Like 1

I hear a rumour that Tracking gets better at higher skill.  If it does, I'll let you know what I get that high...

• Like 1

**The better TRACKING works the less likely misdirected actions such as those could happen.**

No...actually the more tracking is used the more often random people get blamed for things they didn't do. Player a bashes fence down and 10 mins later player b goes through opening. The owner then tracks and notices player b's tracks and blames everything on him. Ya...working as intended.

• Like 3