Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Kingdom Portal for freedom - chaos

Kingdom portal allows people to move back and forth from freedom to chaos and vice versa or freedom to freedom, with limitations. The portal consist of two separate objects: chaos-part and freedom-part.

Chaos-part 

• can only be made and destroyed by kingdom ruler. Can only be made on kingdom's capital. A single kingdom can only have one portal. Creating this portal should be around the resources needed to create a tower.
  • for template kingdoms (freedom and HotS), these portals exist on starter towns 
  • use minedoor-like permission (village only, alliance only, kingdom, or individuals).
  • need to be recharged (by favor? sacrifice? spell? time?). A fully charged portal allows up to ten kingdom members to pass through. This basically to prevent hiding a big force on freedom and calling them on strategic time. Unsure how this works out for the template ones for balancing.
  • transportation from this portal to freedom doesn't use recharge but it is enemy blocked. So, people can't escape from battle this way.
  • 1 hour teleport cooldown.

Freedom-part

• can be made by anyone and anywhere, sorta like epic portal.
  • upon triggering, it allow player to teleport to either starter towns on PvE freedom isles for no charge cost, or to chaos for charge cost. Instead hiding out selection for the pmks, consider greying them out. eg: Jenn-Kellon capital, join the kingdom to use this teleport point.
  • 1 hour teleport cooldown.

Why?

• Promote chaos. Going to epic is so easy as tapping the portal, going to chaos is as tedious as waiting for good wind and sail for 1-8 hours (depends on your location of course).
  • The sailing is through the east border of chaos which made a lot of complications. First it is a border control war. Unlike elevation where each kingdom have its own border, every different kingdom need to use the same west to east border to travel to chaos. 
  • Second.. friendlist. With the addition that friendlist now shows what server you are, travelling into chaos is perilous. I assume that even the two big kingdoms (MR and JK) that literally own the border have to deal with this problem but my main view is from being BL that is located on south center of chaos. 
  • Equality. Freedom to freedom is added for equal transportation.
Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 2

What do you mean? Chaos is freedom. You can sail between the different freedom servers, they are the same cluster.

Have you tried traveling overland on Chaos? A kingdom portal would make it so much easier to get to and away from some PvP lulz 

+!

What do you mean? Chaos is freedom. You can sail between the different freedom servers, they are the same cluster.

The sailing is through the east border of chaos which made a lot of complications. First it is a border control war. Unlike elevation where each kingdom have its own border, every different kingdom need to use the same west to east border to travel to chaos. 

Second.. friendlist. With the addition that friendlist now shows what server you are, travelling into chaos is perilous. I assume that even the two big kingdoms (MR and JK) that literally own the border have to deal with this problem.

Gonna add this on the topic.

Have you tried traveling overland on Chaos? A kingdom portal would make it so much easier to get to and away from some PvP lulz 

+!

Yes I do, I play in chaos, independence, affliction, and elevation. If people want to leave pvp they will leave anyway. This actually more harder to use as escape plan since the portal would be enemy blocked, just like teleportations.

Edited by rosedragon

I've thought of it multiple ways, and it will get my +1, As is.....I HATE sailing, as do a few others I'm sure this would get a few more into pvp.

I also like the "charges" you mention, It would be interesting to see how these could work.

Good luck.  I tried pretty hard to get Rolf to make Kingdom portals when Epic was new since it was so very hard to recruit into PMKs when players could only spawn as template kingdoms.  For reasons I never fully understood he was very against it.

Considering the need there was even greater I'm dubious he'd bite for Wild PMKs but who knows.   Ultimately I think they're critical if there was ever an alliance only PvP server so +1 on the basic idea. 

My comment was directed at this. And I was largely referring to entering your kingdom, rather than leaving. 

From a neutral point of view i have some troubles that pop in my mind.

1: It should have the same hour cool down just like Epic to stop abuse with going back and forth.

2: I am sure some players want to have the chance to catch loot leaving the servers so it needs to be restricted on what you can travel with.

3: The starting villages for fresh players need to have this same portal for it to even be considered in my eyes.

The only reason i even like the idea at all is because new players need a better way to go over and test out PvP and teleport back if they don't like it. I guess as long as it was balanced so it was not used as a PvE loot storage portal with fast access back and forth then i don't see a major issue with it. 

Edit: I do think Rolf is afraid of using to many portals though i have seen him mention not liking using them before but not sure where that was something about shoestring or something i can't remember now. 

Edited by Kegan

we already have portals from home servers start deeds --> ele start deeds and back on epic now. At the very least you could get start deed to start deed portalsfor chaos :>

Maybe the freedom to chaos one will send you back to where you left, while chaos to freedom you have list of servers to choose.

I'm not so sure about :

can only be made and destroyed by kingdom ruler. Can only be made on kingdom's capital. A single kingdom can only have one portal.

it kind of assumes the kingdom is entirely united behind the emperor, what about villages that arent on friendly terms with that village, are they just left without same convenience? ^_^

otherwise +1 :>

Implementation in a non-abusable way would be tough.

I do agree with the stated reasons for needing it however.

Rather than showing favoritism to Chaos and pvp players, Portals should be buildable upon all Freedom servers and function in the same manner as the current Epic Portals for travel between all points on the Freedom Isles servers. It seems very unfair to me to just set them up for travel to Chaos areas and deny all the rest of the Freedom Isles servers this same travel option. Sort of hard to believe others are missing this point of bias.

=Ayes=

If this causes us to get portals between all the starter towns on freedom cluster 1 towns within | cluster 2 towns within. (I assumed suggesting linking cluster 1/2/3 starter towns would be a deathnell :P) Sounds great!

If this causes us to get portals between all the starter towns on freedom cluster 1 towns within | cluster 2 towns within. (I assumed suggesting linking cluster 1/2/3 starter towns would be a deathnell :P) Sounds great!

Sort of sounds good Ping if I could figure out what you mean here.

*puzzled*

=Ayes=

we already have portals from home servers start deeds --> ele start deeds and back on epic now. At the very least you could get start deed to start deed portalsfor chaos :>

Maybe the freedom to chaos one will send you back to where you left, while chaos to freedom you have list of servers to choose.

I'm not so sure about :

it kind of assumes the kingdom is entirely united behind the emperor, what about villages that arent on friendly terms with that village, are they just left without same convenience? ^_^

otherwise +1 :>

in chaos, all kingdoms are PMK except hots. I think for that case safe to say a starter town portal is what template kingdom should have.

Added also freedom-freedom portal for starter towns.

Edited by rosedragon