Sign in to follow this  
Sevenless

The Connection Conniption

Should we connect and how?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should P&R connect to Xanadu/Old Cluster and how?

• Yes - Doesn't matter how
    • No - I do not want to connect
    • Yes - Connect to Xanadu opposite Old Cluster
    • Yes - Connect to Old Cluster (but not directly to Xanadu)
    • Yes - Connect to Both or to Xanadu close to Old Cluster
    • Not Yet - Connect someday, but not now
    • Portal - I would like to connect via Epic like portal system
    • Undecided
    • Yes - I do not play a P&R account actively, but want them connected to Old Cluster
    • No - I do not play a P&R account actively, but don't want them to connect

This is solely intended for P&R players who are actively engaging in the community. This does include Multi cluster players, but does not include people who solely play on the Old Cluster or Epic. If they run into this poll though, there are options for them to participate without skewing the opinion coming from the P&R community.

Please understand that EVERYONE has their own best interests in mind. I'd really rather not see harassment in this discussion as I have seen elsewhere on the forums over this issue. Please only choose to comment if it can be done without personal attacks.

Edit: And fyi the poll is made public simply so people can verify (if they choose to put out the effort) which accounts are tied to which servers. I sincerely hope that isn't going to be abused.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 1

Just so you know i am sure there will be an in-game poll it is already on the test server being tested now. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Just so you know i am sure there will be an in-game poll it is already on the test server being tested now. 

I figured and/or hoped as much. Many people who will be influenced by that merge do not visit the forums after all.

Thank you for your participation :)

Nope keep pristine and release seperate as its what they have always wanted

Nope keep pristine and release seperate as its what they have always wanted

Speak for yourself

There are more sides to this cookie then you know

Edited by Notsodirt

Speak for yourself

There are more sides to this cookie then you know

He's an old cluster only player, and he voted in the appropriate section. Same as the currently 4 old clusters who voted for connection.

Also:

"No personal attacks"

I'm disappointed that you couldn't follow the thread request.

Edited by Sevenless

I've always actively voted no to this for various reasons but felt that it should happen when the time

was right. I now feel the time is right, but as I have also always said it needs to be a Release-Pristine(also Rolf) decision.

I do hope the vote system is put in before the Xanadu opening.

• Like 2

He's an old cluster only player, and he voted in the appropriate section. Same as the currently 4 old clusters who voted for connection.

Also:

"No personal attacks"

I'm disappointed that you couldn't follow the thread request.

The way I read his post as if he was speaking for the whole community

And I'm neather old nor new cluster

I am a member of both

Figuring I started a month before pristine launched

Remember he said " they " not

I want it to stay split

There is a difference. 

If I was going for a personal attack I wouldn't be this nice

Edited by Notsodirt

I've always actively voted no to this for various reasons but felt that it should happen when the time

was right. I now feel the time is right, but as I have also always said it needs to be a Release-Pristine(also Rolf) decision.

This sums it up perfectly for me, so just going to quote Castile on this. :)

Edited by Tuanta

Like Tuanta, I will quote Castile as it accurately portrays my views. I was vehemently anti-merge before, but now actually I think it has been long enough.

Also, the main remaining problem I had was that we would have a large (sudden) influx of players with all the trouble that comes with it. If it is at the same time Xanadu opens, I think that impact would be much reduced as people would far rather go storming through a new server than just one they personally might not have been to before.

• Like 1

I used to be one of the do not connect group. (I play exclusively on Release now, but have one deed left on Indy, I dont do much with any longer.)

But its probably time to connect with a new server being released. Id prefer Release/Pristine be on one side of Xanadu and Indy/Deli/etc be on the other. Xanadu can be the bridge.

I couldn't honestly vote one way or another without knowing precisely what xanadu offers. Abstaining for now :)

• Like 1

I voted connect to Xanadu and not the others as well. My reasoning is this. The others will be connected to Xanadu. You will sail through Xanadu to P&R, therefore they are connected.

Just so you guys know... this poll probably has no merit in the eyes of the devs, just because half of the votes probably come from people on the main freedom cluster who don't actually live on P/R.

I am from Pristine, and I voted to connect them.  If Freedom can connect, there's no reason we shouldn't.

A well titled post, if one understands the meaning. As I have enjoyed playing a premium character on Pristine with a deed from the second day of its opening, I would say that it is no longer beneficial to keep the P&R servers separated from the rest. Taking into consideration the opening of the Xanadu server on June 3, it would be an ideal time and all the more reason to connect them. To deny the current players on P&R the ability to travel there like all the rest of the player base would seem very unfair and not necessary.

As for my character on Pristine, he will remain right there piddling around the deed as usual. I see no need nor desire to take him to Xanadu when I already have better ones created by myself that are freely able to do so if they choose. Still, for the rest of the P&R players, they should have this option available to them if they choose to travel there. So, my hope is that P&R will be connected to the rest in time for their equal opportunity to travel there on the same basis as the other servers.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Just so you guys know... this poll probably has no merit in the eyes of the devs, just because half of the votes probably come from people on the main freedom cluster who don't actually live on P/R.

I am from Pristine, and I voted to connect them.  If Freedom can connect, there's no reason we shouldn't.

I have 3 chars and a 71 x 71 on Release, I voted to connect ... dont be so naive thinking all 125 or so showing on your server dont have characters on other clusters. 

Voted yes to connect to Xanadu and old cluster. Yes I have deeds and alts on P&R.