Sign in to follow this  
IloveWurm

A Vynora priest important skills

When creating a vynora priest what skills should be leveled prior to priesting?

I was told that priests cannot improve items which make it difficult to grind skills up like carpentry and blacksmithing. However, I see many priests with skills in ropemaking, animal husbandry, and farming.

After priesting one can still raise body control by fletching? But vynora priests cannot use bow, correct? If that was the case, how do priests increase body control?

A couple questions:

Is sacrificing ropes better for favor than sacrificing yoyo’s?

Can priests tame animals?

Thanks!

21 Body control is the only crucial skill leveled before priesting. Ropemaking (via imping net traps) if you're intending to get it really high is also possible, but with multiple accounts not necessary.

Husbandry/Farming are raised without imp actions so priests suffer no disadvantage.

You can with any action that gives Body con, fletching imp actions you still can't do. Vyn's can't use bow without faith hits (ie a nono for PvE). Priests generally speaking just don't improve body control after priesting. Get 21 before you priest or expect to have to depriest to grind it.

Ropes are considered better than yoyos. Cordage rope has same sac value / quality as yoyo, but has less processing steps to make it.

Priests can tame.

Edited by Sevenless

Might indeed be good to get the maximum out of your archery on an archery target as a start.

Ropemaking is easiest to get high by imping net-traps, but I know a Vyn priest who has 85 ropemaking just bij grinding bowstrings (so if you dont feel like imping net traps now, you still can get high ropemaking later on when being priest if you can find time to grind bowstring after bowstring).

Sacrificing ropes is just easier, you only need 1 resource and thats wemp (for yoyos you need cotton and trees). So making cordage is easy, but only with a high ql ropetool and 80+skill

Priests can tame animals, can do animal husbandry and farm, so no restrictions there.

This has a chart with priest limitations (they vary depending on the type of priest): http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Priest

Otherwise, I personally like ropemaking much more than Yo-Yos (easier, and better resale value).

You'll want to skill up ropemaking BEFORE becoming a priest though, just like any other skill you want to grind by improving.

I recommend the following:

Carpentry to 50 

Stone Cutting to 50

Ropemaking to 70+

BC to 21+ (you should receive most of this from grinding the other skills, otherwise you can just train archery on a target before priesting, which i find is the best way to 21 bc for a new toon)

Carp and stonecutting are for support with creating materials for the deed while not actively using the priest, having them at just 50 gives a significant boost to their production ability.

Ropemaking > all other forms of favor IMO.

lol.. i think all of us were typing at the same time xD

lol.. i think all of us were typing at the same time xD

*flexes* Too slow scrubs <3

• Like 2

Personal preference,

Grind Black smithing, Carpentry, Masonary/Stonecutting, all to 30-40. These should give you 21bc. I personally aimed for 23 because my priests die quite a bit. This also turns your priest into a bulk item master.

Gring Ropemaking by imping net traps to 50+, its not fun doing it with bowstrings.

You can raise BC by hunting, which is nice for meat to grind SD.

After preisting work on nature skills, Farming, Gardening, Woodcutting, Taming, AH, Fishing, cooking(for SD) ect.

If you build it with a lot of fore-thought your priest can become extremely versatile and much more useful than on who is chained to an alter and can only pray all day.

Big key is main priest vs alt priest.

You want to spend a lot more time doing prep work like wep said if this is gonna be your main account. You can skip even the 21 b con potentially for an altar priest only intended for enchanting as a side account.

Im only looking for an altar priest to enchant. Thank you for your input!

For Vynora priest, channeling is from grinding spells which favor is needed?

I cant access the wiki while at work so i cannot look up the table. If someone cast paste it into the thread that would be nice.

It seems that this would be the appropriate route:

• Create alt (affinity wont matter, but is nice)
  • Grind skills before priesting
    • Body Control to at least 21 (to ride horse)
    • Ropemaking to 70+
      • achieved by improving net traps

• Carpentry (improving wooden walls and ropetools)
    • Farming
      • Higher level wemp provides higher level rope for sacrificing

• Skills that can be improved after priesting
    • Farming
    • Animal Husbandry
    • Animal Taming
    • Mediation

Am i missing anything?

Strongly advise 30 in Black Smithing and Carp and stone cutting,  you'll thank me a few weeks in when you decide your main account has much better things to do than make 2000planks while the priest sits afk pressing space bar on an alter.

Edited Blacksmithing

Edited by Weponsmith

30 in body strength?

my main character doesnt even have 30 in body strength. what would be the point in having that high save for carrying lots of items...or a boat.

Doesnt stone cutting increase from creating stone bricks? You can grind it by improving grindstones too, right?

Yes, grindstones are great for stone cutting. Bricks are not great gains. Creation is never as good as improving.

Edited by Xor

23 bstr for load/unload. But priests have several skills available for raising that stat so I wouldn't be too worried. You can grind it later.

• Like 1

If you wanna take the time (and it will be a lot) do ropemaking to as high as you can.

No real need to level carp or masonry as suggested. My priest has higher stone cutting than my main char, and masonry was my first skill at 30, cutting bricks doesn't fail that much, and with a good woa high ql chisel you'll be making bricks like breathing. Same thing for planks/shafts.

Really the only skill you definetly need to do is Body control to 21. Its not impossible to do as a vyn priest (as i can confirm after having done it) but it IS a pain to level as such, so i'd recomend getting that done before priesting.

My priest has over 23bc, its so worth it...

why is having 23 body control worth it more than 21?

Pretty sure he meant 23 Bstr, but 23bcon lets you ride a bull or bear... for fun?

When creating a vynora priest what skills should be leveled prior to priesting?

I was told that priests cannot improve items which make it difficult to grind skills up like carpentry and blacksmithing. However, I see many priests with skills in ropemaking, animal husbandry, and farming.

After priesting one can still raise body control by fletching? But vynora priests cannot use bow, correct? If that was the case, how do priests increase body control?

A couple questions:

Is sacrificing ropes better for favor than sacrificing yoyo’s?

Can priests tame animals?

Thanks!

Mind Logic... helps ya pack in that extra pray, its nice for a vy priest, especially if  you stack a bunch of prays, then switch back to your main every few mins. It is very hard to level up once priest. If you are purchasing an account to priest up, I would look for a crafting account with good BC, and at least 30 ML.  The more actions your alt can perform the more you can stack them up and then switch back, as I mentioned.   The Vy compaion skills, like animal husbandry, are grinded in ways that having a couple of extra actions can add up quickly.  I just generally makes life more tolerable for a priest alt.  My own Vy priest is just a battery mostly, but my main is a Mag Priest, and I have to say it is very nice to have that extra couple of actions in comparison between the two priests.    

Also, you can raise BC a number of ways, but by far the best way to raise it once you have already priested, is fighting. Fighting with swords will raise it faster, and make sure you butcher everything along the way for more BC (not to mention it will let you stock up on hot food cooking materials, HFC is good for grinding soul depth).  

Edited by Battlepaw