Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Freedom Code Of Conduct (Removal)

Just wanted to make sure everyone seen Enki's post about the FCC is being removed altogether..

In approximately two weeks time in conjunction with the removal of the Enclosure Rules we will be shutting down the Freedom Code of Conduct system as it interferes with the intended sandbox aspect of activities in Wurm Online.

Everyone has the ability to prosper under the protections of a village deed either by obtaining and planting a deed yourself, or by joining with friends.  While joining a deed is encouraged, living and working off deed is still possible.  Should you decide to live off deed in the wilderness, you are solely responsible for the maintenance and security of your items and animals.  To this end you are solely responsible for any losses of items and animals etc...  This includes making sure that all boats, carts, wagons, containers, gates, doors, etc. are properly locked and managed.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/30044-freedom-code-of-conduct/#entry1017856

Edited by Kegan

That's all well and good if server resets didn't ruin said precautions.

Will this give the grifers a sandbox to play in with no restrictions or punishments? 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Will this give the grifers a sandbox to play in with no restrictions or punishments? 

Seems so. At least I will have problems.

All we need now is some frontier justice and we got us a proper sandbox to play in.

Enclosures were made for new players

good to get rid of them ^^

I still use offdeed farms, just making sure walls are +65ql

All we need now is some frontier justice and we got us a proper sandbox to play in.

Needed this all along, if they are going to remove everything freedom about "freedom" add limited, no raiding or bashing, PvP

• Like 1

Enclosures were made for new players

good to get rid of them ^^

I still use offdeed farms, just making sure walls are +65ql

Not only new players. There's players that can't make the silver for a deed, don't want to live under the thumb of a mayor or have other reasons to stay off a deed.

I have mine, and living in an enclosure which I've built up nicely, this update might be a death sentence to me.

Soooo, all this is worthless then as well? Not only are the enclosure rules gone, but now we have PVP with out any actually PVP capabilities. Sounds like a great time, if this were EVE. Then we could all grief randomly and actually PVP.

Players on freedom are able to do many things that affect the game world, which in turn affects ALL other players. Just because you CAN do something, does not mean that you SHOULD do something. If your actions will actively and negatively affect someone else's gameplay, DO NOT DO IT, discuss this with them first.

* Do not destroy large sections of land for no good purpose. If you want to modify the land around YOUR deed that's fine, but if  your neighbors object to what you are doing discuss this with them.

* Building / removing / blocking roads. If someone (for whatever reason) doesn't want a road in a specific spot and they were there first kindly respect that. By the same token if you move into an area with a road, please respect that right of way and don't make massive changes / blockages to it without taking care to provide a good and obvious alternate route. If deeding across an existing road it is polite not to block it or make it hard to navigate.

Edited by NeeNee

Not only new players. There's players that can't make the silver for a deed, don't want to live under the thumb of a mayor or have other reasons to stay off a deed.

I have mine, and living in an enclosure which I've built up nicely, this update might be a death sentence to me.

Reinforce your walls and it becomes so much harder. Effort = reduction in risk, as it should be.

Most casual people can't be bothered to spend ages bashing into an enclosure that's not made from plywood and the non prems (which is where most of any griefing will come from) won't be able to anyway.

You've heard that Rolf wants a PVP only game and thought he'd never make that mistake twice? Well without the FCC, freedom sure looks like it's headed that way.

• Like 4

well...if we go THAt way, i want remove of that rule of deeds are not beeing allowed to kos when on highways too :P

You've heard that Rolf wants a PVP only game and thought he'd never make that mistake twice? Well without the FCC, freedom sure looks like it's headed that way.

Yep, I don't know why he doesn't just declare all servers PVP, instead of this pussyfooting towards it.

Hmm, about 20-30 less people on my server than usual. Can't imagine why...

If this is the work of the committee, I think they want you guys to move to a PvP server derp.

well...if we go THAt way, i want remove of that rule of deeds are not beeing allowed to kos when on highways too :P

Im pretty sure with no highway protection anymore u could defently do that haha

If this is the work of the committee, I think they want you guys to move to a PvP server derp.

I think you are absolutley correct Alec, it does seem that way. Most of the updates this year had a hidden agenda, to move PvE closer to PvP.

Actually its worse than PvP because on PvE you can almost do the same things as on PvP but there is no way to retaliate unless you grief back as well.

• Like 2

I think you are absolutley correct Alec, it does seem that way. Most of the updates this year had a hidden agenda, to move PvE closer to PvP.

Actually its worse than PvP because on PvE you can almost do the same things as on PvP but there is no way to retaliate unless you grief back as well.

Freedom is about choice. We should have the choice of inflicting violence on each other and have mechanics with associated costs in place to support it as opposed to the anything goes brawl that you have on full pvp servers. The fact that you "can" do these things doesn't mean that you "will" do those things and that's the distinction between what the two worlds should be. I firmly believe that Freedom with the (paid) option to commit acts of violence against people and / or property would regulate itself and be much more civilized than the doomsayers predict. It also encourages real diplomacy and helps limit the ass hattery in local or on the forums.

Nothing stops you shouting your mouth off more than the threat of getting curb stomped by someone you offended. Wurm could do with some of that.

well, this is what was keeping me from griefing the heck out of some players I find annoying

We should have the choice of inflicting violence on each other and have mechanics with associated costs in place to support it as opposed to the anything goes brawl that you have on full pvp servers. The fact that you "can" do these things doesn't mean that you "will" do those things and that's the distinction between what the two worlds should be.

You just described pvp servers (specifically the home servers of epic.)

So.. Epic?

• Like 1

I think main problem will be roads being obstructed.. 1x1 made to prevent deed expansion will no longer be gm case to see if it is an attempt to grief or a real house.... etc...

Sounds good. Can we get lockpicking off deed brought back please? 

• Like 1

I still dont get it.... lets see.   Anything supported by game mechanics (flawed or not, we cannot tell) is going to be fair game ?