Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Anyone Following ArcheAge?

I am, signed up for testing a while ago but unlike ESO they don't seem to want me. -_- There's way too many "Sandboxes" in the making.. which is kinda cool because that's been neglected for too long.

I was in ESO beta, i played it since release and have finally gave up on it, like i did with GW2 and other MMO's, the problem is these games are all the same just with a few little changes and a different name not considering that nearly every game being released slaps "sandbox" on it even though like ESO it has no sandbox features at all.

ArcheAge seems decent, but from what I have seen it isn't true sandbox either, i will most likely buy the cheapest pack and play beta because im a sucker, but i will probably play it for a few weeks then stop....

My main issue is i have gotten fed up of the Wurm grind, i no longer find it fun or fulfilling  but i like the "idea" of the game, which is why I am excited about "Life is Feudal". I like to build and PvP and craft a little but being repetitive eventually forces me to stop. I think i am one of those gamers who will search a long time for the "perfect" game but most likely never find it....

• Like 1

In the beginning (years ago now) it did have a sandbox, terraforming, house building, and a very crappy skill system, terrible graphics ect.

Sadly, that's gone.

However, now it's more of a general MMO, but it does have some nice looking things in it. (Mounts that fight with you, class skill tree looks awesome, ship wars, sieges, ect)

sadly, it's not what it once was. I'll likely buy it and try, but I'm not super excited for what it was once aiming for.

My main issue is i have gotten fed up of the Wurm grind, i no longer find it fun or fulfilling  but i like the "idea" of the game, which is why I am excited about "Life is Feudal". I like to build and PvP and craft a little but being repetitive eventually forces me to stop. I think i am one of those gamers who will search a long time for the "perfect" game but most likely never find it....

LIF does look good, even though I'm not so much into the PVP. It would be a little better with factions  or some sort of storyline to make us want to PVP (Like SWG), but there's time for that (I hope). It seems like the good parts of Wurm though.

Mr. NeeNee is all stoked for Gloria Victus, which I only just got a look at this weekend. Anyone else tried that one? It looks promising, but it's still in pre-alpha.

Edited by NeeNee

Archeage is feeling grand!  Someone asked about farming.  I have not really settled into it yet, but basically, you can plant in public farm areas which are protected or you can create your scarecrow and drop it down (received from a quest) in a housing area and plant crops, tend animals, etc. with no fear of someone stealing them.  Crops take hours to fully mature, some longer some shorter.  Watering them speeds up the process but really just shaves off some of the timer.  The idea is to plant what you want to grow, water it, then go do some adventuring or crafting while they mature.  Harvest, repeat.  It is similar to Wurm in that regard.  You can purchase seeds from seed vendors or find (most) in the wild.  Resource nodes are actually pretty hard to find.  They are not peppered all over the place, so there is some work to locate and harvest.  Some are even hidden in tree and bush foliage.  Skills grow very, very slowly (which I like).  The fighting is great, target-based though.  You can use three arch-types of skills out of around a dozen, but you can change out your three any time for a fee and work those skills.  You can fight with your horse which you raise from a foal in a few minutes, lol.  You can outfit your mount, use him in fighting and he gains skill level as you level your skills.  Money beyond the quests is to be had but with a sandbox-style of choosing what you want to do, find resources, create items, etc.  I have played for probably 12 hours total and am at level 12.  But I have only earned about 1.5 gold in all that time.  With a seed costing 1-2 silver, you can get an idea of the money grind.  

All in all, I am totally loving AA.  Tonight I have to make a special strawberry item to haul to a neighboring province where they cannot be made.  I will sell it there if I do not get killed toting the pack over there by PVPers.  The reward will be special coins which may be spent at a special instance location providing high-end mounts, ships, and flying machines...

It looks too much like a WoW game to me and less like a sandbox like Wurm is.  No thanks!  If I want a standard MMO I'll play Rift.

I'm not going to buy any more founders packs, I have recently bought two for two different games that portrayed themselves as the next best thing since sliced bread - they weren't and I'm tired of wasting money on games that I play for 1-2 weeks.

http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/archeage-don%E2%80%99t-believe-the-hype.2702/

It is a long article, but I urge you to read it - it gives you an honest, somewhat brutal opinion.  Also I suggest checking out the live feeds on Twitch, from the alpha testers, it looks like another Theme Park MMO, trying to be a Sandbox.

Learned that lesson a few years ago with Mortal Online.  So these pay to play betas are scams to me. 

• Like 1

It looks too much like a WoW game to me and less like a sandbox like Wurm is.  No thanks!  If I want a standard MMO I'll play Rift.

incase you didn't know, Trions making it. and putting rift on the......well more so on the.....backburner.

At least I'm not the only one that keeps looking for alternatives.  It's sad that their almost all hack n slash games, With no terraforming.  I do play Tera Rising, But only because it's free, And doesn't pretend to be something it's not.

Do NOT PLAY this suck game!!!

Its not all cheats:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY_4wOdFPrU

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gnvTAPiV8M

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDi8CXqes3s

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICWLnWz5RvU

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=974Q0XPsFKw

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYn6EYBXVSQ

So you made an account to specifically bash a game still being worked on, because testers found exploits?

Is there any online computer game that doesn't have exploits/hacks?

I'm not a fan of AA since they dropped a lot of the original design features, but even I'm not that bored.

On the topic of AA:

How did they resolve the "effort" bank thing when building?  Think it was something like each character had X amount of an "effort" resource they could add to a construction project and when there was enough effort banked, the project would advance?

Or was that a different game?

Edited by Hussars

So you made an account to specifically bash a game still being worked on, because testers found exploits?

Is there any online computer game that doesn't have exploits/hacks?

I'm not a fan of AA since they dropped a lot of the original design features, but even I'm not that bored.

On the topic of AA:

How did they resolve the "effort" bank thing when building?  Think it was something like each character had X amount of an "effort" resource they could add to a construction project and when there was enough effort banked, the project would advance?

Or was that a different game?

that was AA, i'm pretty sure there is something still like that, I did see a uhh.....god, I forget the name!! theres a bar with how much "Stamina" you have for that (it wasn't stamina, started with a I ....)

Sounds like a decently produced run of the mill sandpark. Aye, probably overhyped (what isn't when it comes to AA productions usually). But as a sandboxer, I've never really enjoyed sandparks anyway so *shrugs*.

Edited by Sevenless

At least I'm not the only one that keeps looking for alternatives.  It's sad that their almost all hack n slash games, With no terraforming.  I do play Tera Rising, But only because it's free, And doesn't pretend to be something it's not.

Yep, one day, we will find it. :)

The hours long farming in AA sounds a little off putting (because then you pretty much are committed to playing for those hours). I like Wurm's longer farm cycle or at least like ATITD where it takes like 3 minutes (not immersive, but hey! There's your flax!). I look forward to seeing how it is when it finally comes out. Definitely not paying $150 for it.

myself, monokles, reisyn, and a few others all own the game

it's a pretty good game, it actually has some sandbox features and some really innovative combat such as the boat pvp

like 80x more features than eso and its only in alpha

its not a true sandbox like wurm is, but its still more of a sandbox than most MMO's pretend to be.

• Like 1

myself, monokles, reisyn, and a few others all own the game

it's a pretty good game, it actually has some sandbox features and some really innovative combat such as the boat pvp

like 80x more features than eso and its only in alpha

its not a true sandbox like wurm is, but its still more of a sandbox than most MMO's pretend to be.

I might join you when Beta comes out since I can't afford the top package :(

I might join you when Beta comes out since I can't afford the top package :(

ill see if i can auction off a few gold coins over the next few weeks and get you in bud

• Like 1

Just watched a video on house building, Dear God, the things people are calling sandboxes these days.

Even though don't mind AAA mmo's, but have found them very average of late, I guess this perhaps could be considered middle ground, but by all means nothing near Wurm.

I may give it a go, maybe...

Its not called a sandbox

Its a sandpark

And, from playing in NA Alpha, its pretty fun.

Tons of things to do, not instant gratification. 

One thing that might put people off is the almost forced pvp once you hit level 30, but even that can be avoided if you want.

DEFINITELY helps to be in guild or group.

They did call it a sandbox, in a lot of there videos. This the arguments about it.

Heck, most of its players are calling it a sandbox, because they don't know what a real one is. >_<

ill see if i can auction off a few gold coins over the next few weeks and get you in bud

wow okay

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme