Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Anyone Following ArcheAge?

Just curious if anyone else is following ArcheAge?  

I purchased the Archeum package today.  Can't wait to dive into this sandbox!

I got the email today on it but i have not seen anything about it since the Yogscast did a video on it when it was new in Korea still two years ago, lol

I am, signed up for testing a while ago but unlike ESO they don't seem to want me. -_- There's way too many "Sandboxes" in the making.. which is kinda cool because that's been neglected for too long.

Recently I've had the impression that the sandbox elements are being toned down in favour of themepark-style content. It still looks interesting, but its not a fully moddable world like wurm. Which could be both good and bad...

I've been following it, and I HOPE they aren't Westernizing it too much (getting rid of sandbox for themepark stuff). I'm glad to see more sandboxes and sandpark kind of games coming out.

Here is a first impressions that is newish and looks to be from the NA version. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87PAQbRDwA

They are retaining all of the crafting elements of the Korean version as well as non-instanced claimable land for housing, farming, etc.  

• Like 1

I hope so! There were rumbling that it was being changed a while back. It looks very, very fun.

They are retaining all of the crafting elements of the Korean version as well as non-instanced claimable land for housing, farming, etc.  

I think it's garnered a lot of interest from the epic crowd as far as I can tell.

Yeah, i've been following this for years now...

^

before I knew about Wurm.....Sadly, the games changed MAJORLY since then, however, I still think I will enjoy it, just not for the game it use to be - but as the new game its become. 

Im in it, its pretty nice, the class combinations are staggering.

I'm not going to buy any more founders packs, I have recently bought two for two different games that portrayed themselves as the next best thing since sliced bread - they weren't and I'm tired of wasting money on games that I play for 1-2 weeks.

http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/archeage-don%E2%80%99t-believe-the-hype.2702/

It is a long article, but I urge you to read it - it gives you an honest, somewhat brutal opinion.  Also I suggest checking out the live feeds on Twitch, from the alpha testers, it looks like another Theme Park MMO, trying to be a Sandbox.

Edited by Bladedancer

Im following it also, but the fact there are "safe" zones makes me sad, and i wont probably play it.

The repopulation looks better to me personally.

• Like 1

There are a ton of other games coming out that claim to be a 'sandbox' so if this is a disappointment, we have others!

I have my eyes on three games at the moment.

Archeage

The Repopulation

Everquest Next

I have the highest level founders packs for AA and EQN.  I have yet to buy in to TR just because the development seems fantastic but slow compared to the others.

Any one of these could become my favorite MMO.  Time will tell.

I have the highest level founders packs for AA and EQN.  I have yet to buy in to TR just because the development seems fantastic but slow compared to the others.

Just wanted to point out that your Landmark founder pack has nothing to do with Everquest Next they are two separate games.  

I am not going to buy in to anymore games either i spent the $99 on Landmark and played it 2 days maybe.. I guess i will just wait till they open it up to everyone to test AA out. 

Edited by Kegan

I've been looking at Greed Monger, Shroud of the Avatar, Black Desert and Pathfinder Online. There's also a new one called Terrayn that looks interesting and has terraforming. There's no real way to know how they'll come out at the end, though at least we have options when horribly disappointed by Archeage. :D

I have my eyes on three games at the moment.

Archeage

The Repopulation

Everquest Next

Any one of these could become my favorite MMO.  Time will tell.

I'm not going to buy any more founders packs, I have recently bought two for two different games that portrayed themselves as the next best thing since sliced bread - they weren't and I'm tired of wasting money on games that I play for 1-2 weeks.

http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/archeage-don%E2%80%99t-believe-the-hype.2702/

It is a long article, but I urge you to read it - it gives you an honest, somewhat brutal opinion.  Also I suggest checking out the live feeds on Twitch, from the alpha testers, it looks like another Theme Park MMO, trying to be a Sandbox.

Yeah, I personally believe these companies pour about as much money into hiring shills to hype up their games online as they do making the actual game. I'm seeing all the same red flags with Archeage as I did with Neverwinter Online and ESO. It's like their marketing guys didn't even play the game, they just looked at a bunch of forum posts somewhere and concluded, "Well, people want sandbox MMO's! Lets market it as a sandbox!" 

Well, as soon as this 23 gig download finishes I will know where the hype meets the game and vice-versa.

Edited by Eyesgood

Well, as soon as this 23 gig download finishes I will know where the hype meets the game and vice-versa.

that would take me a week with the isp in my area, lol

I'm beta testing WildStar over the weekend. Haven't got to do much yet though because I was at a Magic the Gathering Tournament from midnight til dawn.

Both of you, please report back on any and all farming. :D

I'm beta-ing Shroud of the Avatar this weekend and am a little underwhelmed. Very pretty (and there's still a lot that doesn't work yet) but it's not open world at all (lots of loading screens) which I find more annoying and clunky than I expected. Otherwise it's very much as advertised--lots of crafting, weird little house lots, tab-able PVE.

I'm beta testing WildStar over the weekend. Haven't got to do much yet though because I was at a Magic the Gathering Tournament from midnight til dawn.

Hope you come back alive......

B)