Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Never-been premiums deed holders

Whatever you do do NOT lower upkeep....it's cheap as hell as it is now....I like the idea of not having to be premium to do it but one thing is bugging me with this.

I heard the epic portals will NOT work initially and that to use the deed stake you still need silver to do it. Therefor it's completely useless unless you have money right from the start to do it....I find that pointless, as if they had money from the start they can just buy the deed from a trader.....Unless there's misinformation I don't see this entirely fair and kinda pointless.

If the initial 5x5 don't cost that'd work better. And NO I'm not a free to play player, but I don't think these have a point unless everyone is able to do it initially otherwise it's just a cheap ripoff of the deeds that cost 10s. How it should work if they truely intend to do this, is to make the min deed size free for say 24 hours, giving plenty of time for them to experience the deed owning system as well as time to get coin on their character (Which I expect will be very lagged up at the start anyway due to the amount that will be moving there). After that, it should go to regular upkeep, and if they don't have the regular daily upkeep value deed is disbanded. It should NOT be hard to find a lousy 50i-1c for daily upkeep.....so I don't see this as unfair at all. Anyway, it still seems pointless if it's just a ripoff to the deeds bought from traders.

I get there will be no traders as they are being changed, but if this is a permanent option then it renders settlement deeds useless.

Aside from Xanadu being much larger than any current active map (even the old inactive ones), the theory of people doing a mass land-grab fails to take into account the same people leaving the old servers. Ergo space opens up on the old maps, and examples of such have already occurred with some players prepping for Xanadu launch.

Even if people keep their old deeds, it just means more coin being burned.

Course that's assuming there's no influx of newer players, also not a problem.

The only disadvantage to having a new map is purely on the Devs, initial cost and overhead, and apparently they feel its more than worth it.

I'm one who disbanded 5 of my 7 deeds for max refund. So yeah that freed up a huge chunk of the Caldera region on Pristine. But I am still keeping my two other deeds for the reasons that they are my income supply and I can easily get over 30s a month from selling goods. I don't see upkeep being a problem ever for my deeds as one is just 1s and the other is 2.5s which I get in like 3 days so it isn't hard. But yeah it will leave many of the older servers with a LOT of empty land unless the people own traders, and won't give those spots up. 

There will be a very small influx of new players due to it being a completely new server it will actually attract some new ones. As well, I'm a game journalist xP so this is getting a huge amount of attention from the site I work for too. It has over 50k subscribers so am actually hoping for an influx to occur even if for a small while. Hopefully that will happen and some of them stay. Gets a bit old seeing same old people in the chats lol

Good move I think. When I think back to all the times I advertised the game to my MMO friends, they seemed to fine with the idea of having to pay one thing to secure yourself a home, but then when I mentioned that one would also need to be premium - that's when they went (in that voice one uses when they reject something) "Oh ok" and it seemed to be the cutting point from them having any more interest in giving it a go. 

You may just see an influx of new players thanks to this change!

• Like 1

Any chance could linking Xanadu be pushed back to maybe 3 weeks or a month? Giving us new players a little more time to get ourselves settled in before the overwhelming zerg of 70+ skilled players charge at us?

We have been this route. Hopefully Rolf won't go there again.

• Like 5

Any chance could linking Xanadu be pushed back to maybe 3 weeks or a month? Giving us new players a little more time to get ourselves settled in before the overwhelming zerg of 70+ skilled players charge at us?

What settling is required, if you cant find a place to deed in a week, how long is required, a month, a year...

We had tents this time to respawn to if you died unlike prior land rushes making it fairly easy to not lose progress exploring.

• Like 2

Would you like high skilled accounts to be retired on to live on goldern valley and everyone else can go have fun on the servers.

Its an mmo, some people have played ages and have high skills and this happens in nearly every mmo, I never understand this argument. Yes, it can take time to get into the market but when I joined there were already many 70-90 skilled armoursmiths and blacksmiths. However reputation will always beat numbers, and whilst newer players may not be able to initially compete with those high skills building a good reputation is worth more then those high skills any day.

Also whats for you to think more experienced players haven't made alt accounts and if it was seperated would no how to skill well and gain those high skills again well in advance of newer accounts. 

Finally, people may have paid money into deeds expecting to be able to move there, doing that would have cost them money and they would have been lied to. 

• Like 1

I already have 2 prem accounts on other servers, why should I have to pay for another one just to be able to be in on the land rush and experinece the new server. I don't get it. Deed stakes, sure, it means I could make a deed by paying for 5s but I can't to anything good with it without a prem char, so, every day this new server stays disconnected from the rest is punishment for being a faithful customer. 

• Like 4

What is Xanadu?

Heard there's dragons there.

What is Xanadu?

Wth? You are on Chaos now? Or maybe you are some other Hog than I have known previously?

=Ayes=

I already have 2 prem accounts on other servers, why should I have to pay for another one just to be able to be in on the land rush and experinece the new server. I don't get it. Deed stakes, sure, it means I could make a deed by paying for 5s but I can't to anything good with it without a prem char, so, every day this new server stays disconnected from the rest is punishment for being a faithful customer. 

You don't need to be in the land rush. Personally, i wish all the veterans would just stay on their servers. We don't take kindly to level 70+ locusts swarming in, killing all the mobs and placing massive deeds all over the place.

Vote to Keep Xanadu Veteran Free!

You don't need to be in the land rush. Personally, i wish all the veterans would just stay on their servers. We don't take kindly to level 70+ locusts swarming in, killing all the mobs and placing massive deeds all over the place.

or, once you get over 20 in a skill re roll?

+1 for sarcasm though.

on a side note to those serious about no vets allowed, I get the frustration of not being able to compete for a while, but, what's preventing a new person grinding skills like a full time job?

edit: my fault

Edited by Westfold

Yeah, I vote to keep the world free of people better than me, Because I hate to loose!

• Like 1

Yeah, I vote to keep the world free of people better than me, Because I hate to loose!

Nothing to lose, Xanadu is big enough for every single player to move in and still keep a stable market. Note to all those hating on vet players, we are already there and that's what the majority of Xanadu is made up of. Without vet players, there'd be no one to help new players and the game would die. 

Now, speaking from personal experience as a newbie joining into a competitive market, It's very possible to do anything the vets with high skills do even at lower levels. First off, the main market is in bricks and dirt, that will NEVER change, so start making em and selling cause you'll always find buyers the majority of the time. Second, don't worry about tool marketting as it's already been low for quite some time, enchanted tools are the only thing that will sell for good prices and that takes forever, save yourself the trouble. (No I do not sell enchanted tools, tried it and didn't wanna spend months levelling casting to get high enchants, but it does pay off if you do) Horse markets will always be crowded so there's little profit in that too. Personally, I found the best way for newbies to make money is to just do work for other players, you don't have to be a crafter. And if you want to be a crafter on Xanadu, look at what the map is made primarily of and base your decision on that, there's HUGE amounts of water. 

I've started doing all of this as a non premium player who didn't know crap about the game. Guess where I am now? I had 7 deeds and 2 traders with over 40 villagers all at once, plenty of success in that I'd say. So don't flame the vets because they'll "tear down the market" when in reality it'll be a completely new market so demands on most everything. Just dive in and start making a name for yourself as a reliable merchant and get jobs done and get paid. It's hella easy and everyone can do it any time....there's always gonna be a market even for lowbies, especially when most veteran players won't take "will work for coin" jobs as they usually have a village or other things to do like crafting their own specialized products or hunting big game. Get skills up and become as good as them then you can join their markets and gain buyers from your region closest to you.

My personal point is that I am a player who relies on this stuff myself, and without my big ship and premium toons to be able to do it, I have no coin which really hinders what I can do. Without roads made I can't leave my deed, that's why I need my fighters, to make and clear roads and supply safety along them by building towers. It's what we do, and without that nothing is in a market unless by a starter city because people won't travel all over in rowboats and wildlands full of trolls and mobs that run faster then traitless horses. I just paid premium on those toons, so hopefully we're linked before they run out of prem time, so I can start making the area north of me and east of me liveable for anyone who can respect what veteran players actually do in new servers....I don't consider myself a veteran player as I'm only played about 7 months or so and I was out for a good 2 months due to going homeless....so yeah I'm respectful towards the true veteran players who've made the game what it is by providing everyone else with the means to travel safely and market for cheap goods.

or, once you get over 20 in a skill re roll?

+1 for sarcasm though.

on a side note to those serious about no vets allowed, I get the frustration of not being able to compete for a while, but, what's preventing a new person grinding skills like a full time job?

They already have made it a full time job in many fields lol. There's people with almost 60 in some skills. So yeah those vets have already jumped up there and none of them will go away due to a few newbies not realizing what they do for the game (even by being greedy players with large deeds). Xanadu can handle them all, that's why it was made big enough, some people never learn xP