Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Taming in deed Role Setting

The current system feels little awkward, and I have been in the same situation in my deeds where my alts are deedholders.

Would be just easier to allow citizens / someone else to tame through Role settings =)

Since Manage Settings allow everyone or no-one.

It also gives permissions for anyone to pick up items in your deed... this has lead to some big losses for people, just because they wanted 1 deer tamed on different char.

[Forumers might remember the lost Gnomes thread]

Edited by silakka
  • Like 4

I agree, same with lead options, i dont think this should be under farm, should have its own setting :) 

Many many actions should have their own settings in the deedform.

I really really really want to micromanage my permissions :P

And yup, the tame one has caused me some troubles in the past to, so +1

suggested many many times, maybe one day the Devs will see that this is a bit ticket item that players want.

+1

+1 To tame moving under roles

+1 to pick up moving under roles.

+1 to updating enhancing permissions for deeds.

Whatever happened with (I think it was spellcasts but maybe wrong, might have been Hodern or somebody else) long thread on proposed and planned deed settings.  The search function here seems moderately borked so I can't find it.  The thread was probably from 2+ years ago but had a lot of good ideas and actually seemed to be something getting attention then it kind of drifted into oblivion.

Anyway +1 though I'd rather see a comprehensive overhaul.

Ahh found it: 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/37096-change-to-permissions-system-vehicles-buildings-mine-doors/?hl=deed

Slightly different focus than I recalled, still a general overhaul would be nice.

Edited by belthize

What happens when you brand the animals first?  Should disallow non-alliance/non-citizens from taming, correct?

If the deed settings have taming turned off then no one except the villagers can tame.  If they are turned on everyone can.  The only thing branding does is allow you to lead an animal when it is one someone elses deed and you walked out of the 5 tile ownership perimeter.   If it's not branded, you just lost your horse to that deed.  If it is anyone from you village can lead the animal off deed and then tame it. 

If the branded animal is on your deed and taming is turned on anyone can tame it and order it to walk off the deed.   If farming is on, they can lead it.