Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 17

New lawns look like crap, please at least let us use both of them as the previous one without the tufts of grass was much better.

Also did i miss anything about highway rules or hasnt that been mentioned? Or are you keeping the highway rules?

Edited by Skarra
  • Like 2

I have to agree with you Kegan.  We got cut off from the last servers that were opened (unless we started new toons), and now we are getting the same treatment again.  Epic at least has the 2x skillgain, a reason to keep the servers separate, but I just don't see a good enough reason in this case.

• Like 2

If enclosed perimeters will no longer be protected, please remove the 'required' 5 perimeter borders to allow us to deed those tiles.

Depending on the day I'm playing, I either agree or disagree with this.

Agree day: When I have players in my perimeter digging the roads, chopping up the shrubs, leaving stumps sticking out of the ground and messing up the terraforming, I totally agree with you.

Disagree day: Traveling across the server and run into walls and walls of fences with no way through and locked gates on every potential way through.

If you take away perimeter there are at least a few people on Release I can think of off hand that will deed border-to-border, fence/wall it in and say "MINE! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" Which in my opinion is just another form of griefing, only in a passive-aggressive sense.

Perimeters = server access

Edited by Caroligan
  • Like 1

Xanadu is about bringing in more people? What a stupid plan. There are no people in Wurm because the main point of this game is to work your ass off for as little fun as possible.

If you want people- take stupid things out of the game- like animals packing grass tiles. Or the endless pointless battle against decay. Maybe there's only decay on the PvP server if you want.

And add content- like the sheep I've waited almost a year for, or birds of all kinds. Add more fun things to do- like things to do inside buildings beside fill them all with bsbs. I want more interior lighting options and furniture options (and all of them should have a function). I want to decorate my house with tapestries and window (instead of having holes). I want dogs that guard my property and go hunting with me- not the useless generic mute mutts.

I want random events in PvE like npc bandits on the roads, or packs of wolves- or zombies. The xmas zombies were the most fun I've had in this game because they were a surprise. Why not spawn those randomly like the eagle spirit attacks on Epic. You need to add some adrenelin to the PvE side. It's so effing boring.

I think Epic should be removed. I think all PvP should happen on Chaos and the ocean close to the shore of Chaos. I think all the PvE servers should be connected by sea, and by portal- just like the Epic portals that now allow me to teleport between Release and Pristine to Desertion. The portals between all the PvE servers should have the cool down removed and they should take your horse and cart through with you. The current segregation hurts the game.

There's a lot I like about Wurm. But devs often seem to focus on the wrong things (like sharks) and neglect the obvious existing flaws. And they seem to neglect PvE most of the time. I don't understand why because it seems like PvP is wrecked. From what I've seen there are a few cliques dominating and it's dysfunctional at best. It's so bad, I gave up wanting to try it after moving to Desertion. I'd suggest making PvE much more fun, and finding a way to balance PvP so cliques can't run things.

For example, what if there was respawning treasure on the PvP server in random places and on mobs, and instead of sieges- there were battles over loot instead of destroying deeds- which is BORING. Instead of kingdom cliques, people from the PvE servers could only form small raiding parties and fight against each other and whatever dangerous creatures were on that server. Maybe there are limits to the size of raiding parties and extra vulnerable buildings to discourage setting up permanent forts there. When you are tired of it, you can take your loot back home to your PvE deed until you feel like killing people or special PvP server mobs.

I feel like radical changes need to be made for this game to become more than a refuge for a few narcissistic masochists. In my opinion, a new server will only make a bigger mess.

• Like 8

One more thing before I'm getting out of this.

Before I came to Wurm, I used to play another MMORPG for many years, 8-9, can't even remember now.

All of a sudden, they decided to raise the membership, then make a big change to the game mechanics.

After an over 9000 threads post on forums, with people telling those devs what they were planning was a huge mistake, and after nobody listened to those players, they did the change.

Many veteran players left the game, as it became something they didn't want to play anymore.

One year later, their player base was 1/3 of what it was before, and they started to spam old players e-mails with messages asking them to come back, because the major change is going to be reverted to how it was before.

Guess what? Nobody cared! Nobody went back to put more money after they were let down!

Guess what? I will never recommend Wurm to anyone, even if back in time I wanted to bring all my gamer friends here.

And guess what, again? You won't see a dime more from me, Rolf, aside from what I'm paying now. No new premium alts to deed over, no re-deeding to move token. I have my ways to keep my stuff safe, and I'll do it without paying your "share" for this.

Edited by Evening

I have to agree with you Kegan.  We got cut off from the last servers that were opened (unless we started new toons), and now we are getting the same treatment again.  Epic at least has the 2x skillgain, a reason to keep the servers separate, but I just don't see a good enough reason in this case.

I might not feel so bad if i had 100% guarantee that we would be let in but we were told that last time. 

Also why a week? Seems 48 hours head start should be fine for an advertising campaign to bring in new players. It is not like we are going to come over and the next day fill the entire server with deeds.  I am starting to think like everyone else that this is just some creative new way to make us spend more money.  

Okay fine i will make a new alt and buy some coins but am i guaranteed to have access with my main in the week? If not why bother..

• Like 3

How are you expecting a giant server with many times more population then regular servers to work, if the game lags out with large groups together on epic as it is? Are you not expecting people to band together?

Ill just toss something out about the waiting "at least" a week to open up Xanadu.

Instead of keeping the server closed off, when it "opens", why not have a beta period. Let us all make toons there, and make skill gain incredibly easy. Do the testing you need to do, and then wipe it and officially open it up. 

many of us have spent a lot of time paying for a beta, I bet many of us could make an arguement for we are paying for a beta right now. Why make us pay even more for additional beta testing, because thats what I see that as.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Everyone that is asking for refunds or reimbursements is making me laugh in the most cynical way. I agree with you 100% but you might as well forget it, it won't happen.

When I moved a token and lost 4 traders to an ambiguous-at-best warning process, they could easily have touched a few keys and "poof" my traders would be back. Instead, they seem to have put me on "perpetual ignore" and maybe I'll go away. Even though they acknowledged the communication error, could see the potential for damage, changed the deed disband verbage to adequately inform about the potential loss of traders and gave me the title "Clairvoyant"... I am still no closer to ANY compensation for my loss.

Other sandbox games will be making their debut soon, I see this Xanadu and rule changing as an attempt to get the players to "Don't look over there! Look! I have a shiny over here!".

It's all about the money and getting you to pay more of it somehow, right, wrong or indifferent.

• Like 9

I'd really like to see a new clustered start... It gives players with no high-end toons a chance to earn their share without just doing bulk-goods...

• Like 1

There are a couple glaring problems with your enclosure solution.

First, you still require us to keep a perimeter.  I can understand why it is there when you place a deed, but the perimeter should be able to be deeded over and not extended, at some point after the deed is placed.  There are hundreds of perimeter tiles for every deed out there, which you charged your customers for, that will now be considered to be "fair game" to have walls knocked down, etc... because you force us to keep our perimeter tiles.

Second, while there are people out there who have enclosed many tiles with walls, to put in pastures, tree preserves, etc...  There are also many areas that cannot be deeded because existing deeds are squares and cannot be expanded into.  Fix this problem and you'll see your revenue go up immediately, as people expand into these add-shaped areas.

• Like 2

If we already have a deed and we payed for the perimeter and you take the perimeter away will we be reimbursed for the coins we payed for it.Or will that just convert to being part of the deeded area.

Reduce the mandatory "free" perimeter tile to 1.  This allows people to put deeds next to each other if they want to and for them to reclaim 4 tiles for their deed.

-1 to having xanadu all by itself at release.  It should be connected to the freedom cluster.  I shouldn't have to create an alt -- run around to find a good piece of land -- drop a deed -- play macro polo with my main when server is finally connected.

• Like 7

If we already have a deed and we payed for the perimeter and you take the perimeter away will we be reimbursed for the coins we payed for it.Or will that just convert to being part of the deeded area.

You don't buy perimeter for extra land. It's a luxury for those that want to be a hermit or are wanting to increase their deed size in the future. That's what it's supposed to be used as, not as a cheap way to grab more land.

• Like 6

PLEASE connect north Xanadu to southern Celebration and south Xanadu to North Indy.

Thank you

• Like 2

I'd really like to see a new clustered start... It gives players with no high-end toons a chance to earn their share without just doing bulk-goods...

Oh boy here we go again. What is stopping those players from grinding up a high end toon again? Nothing 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 3

Does this mean the people that bought the deed a week before the transfer of money going to be cut in half and given back to them. Due to the new system of buying?

Edited by wfpk2000

I agree with mordraug on this part. It isn't fair to do a deed prior to change. I believe in all honestly our share of our deeds that are there go into upkeep for our places. Not get ripped off. While other players are getting the price of half off. We deserve it to. I just resettled my deed. Just yesterday and expanded. Is this going to effect previous lands? I sure hope that it changed to the same as the new deeds that are getting that half off price.

Can't say I've seen a company recover their moral ground once they taste the blood of bait n' switch.

• Like 3

:eats some more popcorn:

How are you expecting a giant server with many times more population then regular servers to work, if the game lags out with large groups together on epic as it is? Are you not expecting people to band together?

Dude freedom doesn't have Lotd...nuff said.

Edited it, I didn't mean Botd....my bad.

Edited by Object

Dude freedom doesn't have Botd...nuff said.

Chaos does and you can bring them over to freedom.

Just my Libra  point of view at work.  The deeds we have paid for we have enjoyed. No one forced us to drop them.  Along the same line of thought no one forced you to deed previous "Enclosures" that was by choice.  Looking at it from this side of things, we are are not owed any reimbursement. We asked for forewarning  and where given it, what we did with that information is entirely on us. 

• Like 7

Just my Libra  point of view at work.  The deeds we have paid for we have enjoyed. No one forced us to drop them.  Along the same line of thought no one forced you to deed previous "Enclosures" that was by choice.  Looking at it from this side of things, we are are not owed any reimbursement. We asked for forewarning  and where given it, what we did with that information is entirely on us. 

Because we knew in advance who was gonna deed next to us and cut off our expansion.... can I borrow your TARDIS?  Wanna fly ahead in time see if Rolf sees reason or will continue with his EA moneygrab in order to decide what to do with my deeds (sell them, or let them decay so no new owner keeps dropping cash into Wurm).

Imma give this til monday, then start reversing payments if some serious backpedalling isn't made.