Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 17

Customizable deed perimeter and one direction deeding would be a wonderful fix, especially in pvp. Imagine actually having to find the token instead of just going to the very center of the deed.....

• Like 2

Some chaps in Pristine freedom chat made an excellent suggestion about connecting the P&R Cluster to Xanadu... if there's a huge division or debate over it, why not enable the connection but make it one-way for those that do want to go to Xanadu?  Just a worst case suggestion.  Ideally I'd rather it be all servers connected for the community and ease, but I'd compromise.

• Like 2

Perimeters are mandatory because you cant butt up two deeds together - they can't share border tiles. Another reason is that without a perimeter, people can block off access from others. It's better to think that the 5 free perimeter tiles are not a part of your deed.

Yes, most of us know the potential troubles involved in a zero perimeter between deeds. However, allowing a reduction in this perimeter to 1 tile (that leaves 2 between deeds) would be fine.

There's a difference between 'free' and 'free with purchase'. There's a cost to expanded perimeter.

• Like 4

Maybe if for a month we were given full 1c per tile back per disband in order to redo our whole thing............................................................................

Very bad move regarding enclosed areas on perimeters.

More money for you, less and less advantages for us. In the end, everything was only another way to get more money from players, in an already way too expensive game.

Really, you think you are ESO, and you are offering enough for what you demand from us to pay?

No protection for perimeters, no moving token without a disband, no one way expanding, 5 "free" perimeter tiles (between 2 deeds, that's 10 tiles never used, be serious, you are completely ridiculous, nobody needs a 10 tiles wide area to travel), no removing deed ratio.

All I can say to you is: Shame!

• Like 18

Very bad move regarding enclosed areas on perimeters.

More money for you, less and less advantages for us. In the end, everything was only another way to get more money from players, in an already way too expensive game.

Really, you think you are ESO, and you are offering enough for what you demand from us to pay?

No protection for perimeters, no moving token without a disband, no one way expanding, 5 "free" perimeter tiles (between 2 deeds, that's 10 tiles never used, be serious, you are completely ridiculous, nobody needs a 10 tiles wide area to travel), no removing deed ratio.

All I can say to you is: Shame!

Thanks, I would have needed the next 12 hours to cool down enough to say that without earning myself a permaban.

The price change does nothing to mitigate the issue without single direction expansions and the removal of perimeters.  Not that I believe that perimeters are not needed, simply that they are not practical in certain situations.  I think it is very short sighted to believe that this solves the problem. 

I spent a lot of silver to expand one of my deeds to encompass what area I could, to have a price reduction offered now, after Rolfs big warning to take measures, is a little insulting.  I have only myself to blame for actually responding to this obvious sales tactic. 

I am taking a wait and see attitude, but truly believe that you folks are making a huge mistake.  I hope you are listening to folks, and realize that this is not a solution.  I haven't been this upset about a game companies business practices since Sony Online shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Celantra
  • Like 7

1-directional expansion, 1-tile mandatory perimeter... 2 max... *token moving*.......

or at very least go thinking of a 30% reduction in deed upkeep price.... we're customers, not employees... you need to offer us a good deal, not just decide what you're gonna stop giving us while asking for more money and think we're gonna cheer.

• Like 5

Not touching the deed/perimeter debate but..

Could the tents be craftable? That could be a really awesome way to go on hunting trips without setting up shacks that people forget to take down (or mean to go back to but never do), and prevent a bunch of random decaying houses that prevent a deed from being planted.

• Like 5

Good information on Xanadu, thank you we needed it.  The price decrease for planting a deed  is good. the decrease also needs to be reflected in upkeep. 

Friendly ways to move token and and expand 1 direction, reduce perimeter to 2 tiles would be very welcome. 

• Like 2

With 96 carpentry you can make a house with a 7x7 field in the center i guess this will be the new enclosures? 

V5Dz0tx.jpg

• Like 4

I'm excited for the boats update <3

Also, I would just like to say, good job for abusing off deed enclosures and ruining such for new players, experienced ones.

I don't think that off deed closure protection should be completely... what if real life calls while we're leading animals, and we're far away from our deed? Now we can't build a safe, small enclosure to keep those animals safe.

Unless there's a planned feature of being able to log off with roped animals, or secure the ropes to our carts/wagons?

With 96 carpentry you can make a house with a 7x7 field in the center i guess this will be the new enclosures? 

V5Dz0tx.jpg

Omg, shhh. Don't give people ideas!!!

Edited by Addeny

It goes without saying that every deed should recieve 1c per tile reimbursement into the mayors bank account.  This is to avoid extending the life of deeds that have been abandoned. As for not knowing the size of the new server, Not being able to go there for a week after its open, And not knowing how well even be able to get there. This is a big stop sign to everyone that wanted to go.  All this is going to accomplish, Is the players with the most money will go there first on a prem alt, Setup huge deeds in the best areas, And the rest of us will be left with whatever we can find.  This is not a solution for the players.  It's a way for you to use the players as testers.

• Like 2

Hmmmmmmmmmm 

V5Dz0tx.jpg

Seems like the way to go... too bad for any spillover past perimeter >=D

• Like 1

I just set myself a deed last night, so I guess that puts me on the losing side. But I have to say is probably the best decision and totally support it (like always).

- New players have their items protected and they can always build a shack or join a village; is not like every new free to play player needs to have his own place with all commodities without paying a dime

- Huge land grabs are still possible... as long as you're willing to pay for them... no longer for free... great!

- I agree it would have been nice to treat perimeter a little different then wilderness, but even so is fair - that was land we never owned in the first place

- Xanadu... PVE... not interesting for me... but yeah, it sounds like the best approach - let everyone go, but in steps. Also hopefully the segregationist P&R wurmians will decide is time to join the rest of the world... if they vote no... *shrugs* their problem.

- Furnitures and loan... again not my kind of things, but they look nice.

WAY TO GO WURM TEAM!

How about fixing the already known issues with lag and disconnects with large amounts of people in local before adding a new, huge server? Just check out the recent raid of a JK deed by BL on Elevation, or any impalongs over the past couple years.

• Like 6

It goes without saying that every deed should recieve 1c per tile reimbursement into the mayors bank account.  This is to avoid extending the life of deeds that have been abandoned. As for not knowing the size of the new server, Not being able to go there for a week after its open, And not knowing how well even be able to get there. This is a big stop sign to everyone that wanted to go.  All this is going to accomplish, Is the players with the most money will go there first on a prem alt, Setup huge deeds in the best areas, And the rest of us will be left with whatever we can find.  This is not a solution for the players.  It's a way for you to use the players as testers.

Really? Best places on a server 16 times the size of Indy and probably 10 spawning points? Even on such a server you are afraid you won't find land?

If that's not paranoia at its best, I don't know what it is.

• Like 1

Cant expand my deed, cannot protect my assets

0 Perimeter & 1 direction expansion NOW

The changes are a griefers charter!!!

• Like 1

When it comes to connecting the old servers we will wait at least a week after initial release.

I was afraid this would happen. :(

This was said about Pristine and Release way over a year ago, and we're still waiting.

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 5

V5Dz0tx.jpg

In before: Houses are no longer protected as they are used to enclose vast areas, which was never what they were intended for.

So there it is: 96, 84, 72, 60, 48, 36, 24 carp requirements for those new enclosures.

Edited by Cookiestomper
  • Like 1

In before: Houses are no longer protected as they are used to enclose vast areas, which was never what they were intended for.

... unless you pay upkeep for them... on-deed too.

They know how to code... 

Between the "Xanadu landrush first for people who make an alt and subscribe it to deed up", and the interestingly phrased "perimeters and enclosures will lose protection", and the "deed over it, same old mechanics so replant your token or make a new deed, we lowered the initial cost", and upkeep prices remaining the same......

I feel sorry for people like Gnome who deeded over more land in preparation for this.

I've played enough "Item Mall" games to know a cashgrab when I see one.... sell you a $500 armor, 2 months later "it's being rebalanced, now it has half the stats.. btw we added a new system to improve your armors... warm up that credit card".

Classic EA/WBGames move too... "break something, sell you the fix".

Really sad... disappointing... guess i'll let my subscriptions run out then sell my deeds with what's left of upkeep in them along with my accounts (unless Rolf comes to his senses).

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

Erm, looks like the large deed I bought just got devalued to half the price I paid for it...any chance of a one-time 50% refund on every deeded tile? Pretty please?

I agree, most if this is really disappointing. It's going to set off griefers and doesn't help a lot of us. People who increased their deeds since that announcement should be reimbursed. The xanadu thing...just ugh.

They know how to code... 

Between the "Xanadu landrush first for people who make an alt and subscribe it to deed up", and the interestingly phrased "perimeters and enclosures will lose protection", and the "deed over it, same old mechanics so replant your token or make a new deed, we lowered the initial cost", and upkeep prices remaining the same......

I feel sorry for people like Gnome who deeded over more land in preparation for this.

I've played enough "Item Mall" games to know a cashgrab when I see one.... sell you a $500 armor, 2 months later "it's being rebalanced, now it has half the stats.. btw we added a new system to improve your armors... warm up that credit card".

Really sad... disappointing... guess i'll let my subscriptions run out then sell my deeds with what's left of upkeep in them along with my accounts (unless Rolf comes to his senses).

• Like 2