Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 17

If you never encountered such a bad company, why are you still here?

I just think that what they achieved far now is awesome and I trust that the same minds that lead the game for more than a decade and bringded it in the wonderful state which he is today, should be given more credit that they still took the best decisions.

When I hear people complaining that "Rolf does same mistakes which I saw him doing years ago", I can't stop myself a laugh - if despite (or maybe because?) those "mistakes", they are still here to complain a few years after and haven't quit already, it means that for sure is doing something good. ;)

Because Wurm is unique. There is no other MMO like it. That reason I have heard said several times and it my own reason as well. NeeNee can give their own reason of course, but it would not surprise me if that was a part of it. Players stay because right now there is no replacement for Wurm.

It's a shame that the features of Wurm that make it so unique and special are largely overshadowed by other features of Wurm that other MMOs have. "Can't see the forest through the Tress" is the phrase that comes to mind.

On as many occasions as I can muster myself to do so, I thank Rolf and the Devs for what they have done. They deserve a ton of kuddos, even if I don't like everything they do.

The reason I (perhaps others) are still here isn't necessarily because I (and others that complain) think Rolf is doing it all right, it's because I (and perhaps more Players) have no where else to go. I'm pretty certain Rolf already knows that.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 5

Because Wurm is unique. There is no other MMO like it. That reason I have heard said several times and it my own reason as well. Players stay because right now there is no replacement for Wurm.

It's a shame that the features of Wurm that make it so unique and special are largely overshadowed by other features of Wurm that other MMOs have. "Can't see the forest through the Tress" is the phrase that comes to mind.

On as many occasions as I can muster myself to do so, I thank Rolf and the Devs for what they have done.

The reason we are still here isn't necessarily because I (and others that complain) think Rolf is doing it all right, it's because I (and perhaps more Players) have no where else to go. I'm pretty certain Rolf knows that.

Exactly.  It's a GREAT game, as I said, being held back by a lot of dumb stuff. I have friends here. I love my farm, my alliance and my ocean view. Who has not been frustrated by a company or place or person and hung on despite that?

I found Wurm while sick one day, a little tired of waiting on a new SWGemu update and it really drew me in. It really is a great replacement for SWG and way better in some ways, but the broken and crazy level is high.

Will the half price deed tiles include Epic? You didn't say otherwise so we should assume this is all servers?

I also had prepared for this day according to the warning that our ol buddy Rolf posted Spent a bit more coin expanding than i wanted to to ensure my little slice of heaven was gonna be safe i really could care less if they dont reimburce me

yes i would like to see all the freedom server connected so i can travel to far away lands And harvest more souls. But i see some serious lack on the maint. system as far as the bugs that are still yet uncorrected  the fatal errors trying to log into the game the hyping people to spend money and then devalue there investments.... Id actually feel better at night if they lowered the cost of silver or lowered the cost of the upkeep rather than make new deeded tiles half price after hyping us up to protect our lands at a higher rate.... well i gotta go back to my project i figured i would catch up on my fornum time

Will the half price deed tiles include Epic? You didn't say otherwise so we should assume this is all servers?

I hope so.

Yeah what Wurm has so far is a great, and it has no cerious competition, that is the main thing that keeps people here even with all that is lacking.

Sadly enough, it often feels like the game has reached this point not beause of Rolf, but rather despite of Rolf.

• Like 1

The concern is that if everyone would rush and ship thousands of items there at the same time, we would have to roll back and destroy the landrush event.

We haven’t decided where to connect it to the freedom cluster yet and we will discuss this with you before announcing the implementation.

"Items in boat count" was used before on a server launch successfully. Limit boat items brought in severely if needbe, just let me sail in ! Heck limit boat and player to 20 items combined if you have to. Don't let this be the excuse.

Also it doesn't matter where the connection is. "For the week of the landgrab, east of all servers (west of chaos) is Xanadu !" Just that easy. Easy to logic too, it's just that big. This should not be an excuse either.

Right now it feels like a cash grab :( and is very disappointing.

People who don't play might not want to register an account, pay 16 euro to get the premium and a deed. By the way, they will not know a deed costs money so they will not be prepared for this additional expense and thus will likely have just made an account and will quit when they realize the problem.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 6

/ragemodeoff

I LOVE the new seasonal road graphics.  Excellent work.  =)

I am wondering what this new player tent will look like and how exactly it will function. If they will be available for the Xanadu opening, will they then be the new 1x1 shack landscape decoration, littering the areas around the starter tokens for as far as the eye can see. Will they be able to be placed on other peoples deeds where the mayors can't remove them.

Hopefully they will be a useful "container" and not just create new unforeseen problems. It will be most interesting to find out more about them.

=Ayes=

Here's my two cents on the deed/perimeter issue: i understand the need for a perimeter, but the way it's currently enforced is bad. My suggestion:

mandatory 1 tile max/min perimeter around all deeds.

these perimeters are  "Kings Land" and can't be built on except for roads.

this perimeter will not cost extra to the deed holders, and will not be considered part of their deed, therefore no protection is given.

this will allow for a minimum of 2 tiles around all deeds for travel (accounts for highway widths), and will allow for deeds in congested areas to make changes to cover their areas

they will lose the one tile around, but will be able to maximize the space they have available to them.

i also agree with the option to expand in single directions, and after establishment of the deed, to move the token within the deed to make it more accessible.

• Like 2

It would be nice if there could be one addition to the furnitures which is not a piece of furniture itself =)

Being able to sit on benches and chairs would be awesome. You can sit on horses and board many other things already. These features can't be too far off from using sitting furniture. It would actually make it possible to enjoy a lot of things like restaurants / inns, balconies and stuff.

• Like 1

anyway my coment on update :D

enclosure... yes remove it is sandbox we just need another protection for highways, tunnels, chanels and  public places....

tents sound great...   hope big for 4 tiles in wild 

xanadu... why not we need more space...  hope there will not be alot of inland

lawn pic looks great

new boats look is also great

furniture sexy but need to be usefull :D

The solution in the end for getting things back to were they work with the current system and intended gameplay is to have true deeded land extended over your enclosure that you want kept safe.

Therefore, we are going to cut the cost of buying deeded tiles in half to 1 copper coin per tile instead of 2.

This way you will be able to increase the size of your deed and get full protection of those tiles.

The price change will be implemented in one week.

The enclosure protection for perimeter and off deed will be removed in two weeks time.

Ok,price reduction is good.

However, does this also include the ability to deed mono-directionally?

Because if not, you've totally missed the boat on this. If there is a large deed blocking me to the West, then if I can't deed ONLY to the East, then I'm STILL SCREWED, and will be doubly screwed when my perimeter enclosure is no longer protected.

• Like 3

For the love of God, can we please have:

• Minimum 1 tile perimeter.
  • One direction deed expansion.

Otherwise, many deed owners will be completely screwed.

Xil

• Like 2

It would be nice if there could be one addition to the furnitures which is not a piece of furniture itself =)

Being able to sit on benches and chairs would be awesome. You can sit on horses and board many other things already. These features can't be too far off from using sitting furniture. It would actually make it possible to enjoy a lot of things like restaurants / inns, balconies and stuff.

We stood on top of horses for years. I'd think it was hilarious if the animation to use chairs would make you stand on them.

• Like 1

We stood on top of horses for years. I'd think it was hilarious if the animation to use chairs would make you stand on them.

When I first joined Wurm, I thought all these people surfing on their horses like pros were quite impressive.   Little did I know... ^_^

Having just returned after a long absence, I'm finding some very impressive changes.  The new crafting system was a complete surprise to me and I love it.  I especially love that I can still do it the old way when that seems easier or more convenient.  However, I am a bit disheartened that female trolls still find me so repulsive despite my efforts... what's a chap to do?

It may not be long before I'm right back in the throes of Wurm, head completely engulfed in my screen with a fist in the air at every mention of change, but for the time being, this all looks superb.

Back to a happy reunion with my beloved, long lost furnace...

Wurm on folks. :ph34r: