Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 17

Fun changes, is amusing to see all the chaos that is caused by removing some of that cramped space between deeds. Quite lame of a person deeding two locations, smashing them together, and enclosing the perims. 

This will give some more traveling room. I already have fences in mind along some coastal roads that are ready to go bye-bye. 

Also all of those grape groves laying around on areas that could be occupied by newbies or paying citizens? Aww yeah, time to open up dat space. All those crappy mine enclosers you made to hoard gold outside of deed? Yup, about to be rolling around in that wealth too...

On the expansions prior to the announcement of reduced tile prices, sorry bro :/ . I liked the analogy with the stock market, very apt. Many people are in the same boat with the gem market atm. Money spent, is money spent. Caveat Emptor. I almost expanded in panic, but decided to wait. Hopefully it will have proved to be a good decision. On upkeep, I wish it would be cut too, but not expecting or even hoping for anything at this point.

Awesome new decorations too, I really like the look of the wardrobe. Not exactly sure how I feel about the new lawn textures, but I am sure they will "grow" on me. 

As far as Xanadu, there is so much space there that even after two weeks or two years, they will be plenty of prime space to occupy, even without enclosers. Not sure what the huge deal about having to be a little patient is, though I totally understand that a lot of players have waited a lot of time, for a lot of features. Still, one player's, or even ten player's opinions on the subject simply do not matter. It is all about what the best business move is for the company. You have the right to disband or not, expand or not, move or not, pay or not. Rolf his-own-self is not reaching into your wallets, you are just drawn to this new server and are pissy that you are not getting what you expected. Not what was promised, nah what you thought was "the way it is supposed to be". 

I would submit to you that the land grab is a great time to get a new alt for exploration, find some nice land, and wait for it to be connected. But before even that, wait to see what servers are going to get preferential treatment. 

• Like 2

No mention of decreasing upkeep along with the purchase price? 

Is this possibly also being considered?

• Like 1

So now we have no place to put horses if we are off deed and they are not hitched?

-- Is  deed upkeep halved?

-- Wurm if you really want to make things more affordable... PROVE IT!

---- 1) Reduce Get rid of minimum upkeep to 50c (non-rounded cost for a 11x11 area or size 5 is 2.42s buy and 24c upkeep)

---- 2) Change the deed form to 3s (form should equal tile buy costs plus one month upkeep).

---- 3) 100% of upkeep is refunded on disband, none of the writ cost or any tile purchase costs are refunded.

---- 4) Even consider allowing smaller then size 5 deeds, but only if upkeep is not rounded up to 1s.  Deed writ cost need to be reduced so small deeds don't have years of upkeep. For example, a size 3 or  7x7 area would be 1s buy and 10c upkeep. Writ cost would be 1s. Wurm couldn't you afford to include something like that with premium benefits?

I'm not sure if the "tent" mentality is correct. People are still going to build off deed. These people will be griefed and we will see complaints. But its also true that any "free land" solution can be abused with alts. I would include a free, only have one at a time, and unlimited access to size 5 deed with premium membership.

edit...any free-with-premium deeds would need to start costing money if the owner doesn't have premium. I'd prefer this to disbanding them.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 4

I CANNOT deed over some areas I have that I love. I WANT to. But I can't because of the shapes of my neighbors' deeds. So now people can bash into these spots? Let me expand in one direction, or pay square by square. I will gladly do it. Don't make me log into this game and see my animals or plants killed. This is supposed to be fun, not aggravating.

• Like 6

To everyone concerned they just spent money on deeding and won't get a rebate: It sucks, but if you paid for it yesterday, you must have considered it worth it.  You got your money's worth.  If you buy stock in a company and the value drops tomorrow, oops.  Not going to get it back.  What if you deeded today and Rolf announced a price hike for deeds, because he has to, just to keep the company in business? Does he have a right to come to you and say "sorry bud, you didn't pay me enough"?

Please, just forget about getting refunds.  Prices change and that is how life works.  The exception being if he generously gives a "credit" that could/must be used for either a new deed or existing deed expansion, but also have an expiration date.  There is a possibility for something like that would be a win for both.

Regarding the week delay for old players to get to the new server, I am confident they want the least laggy start for the grand opening, which is when the gamer press will be researching and writing their reviews.  After the flood gates open and each of us brings over multiple toons and thousands of items, the server will bog down big time.  So what if I don't get there in the first week?  It's not like we will run out of good real-estate in 1 week, or even 1 year.

My solution to their concerns of holding back old players, would be to restrict ALL items from transferring between servers, during that first week.  Make every starting location have a bottomless basic tool kit, for all the old toons to grab.  I suppose there would be details like bringing silver for deeds, etc, but it could be worked out before the release.  There would actually be less stress on the server than everyone creating brand new players that would likely never get used again after that first week was up.

My 3 cents.

Its apples and oranges really. If I am told by the owner of a company to take action and prepare for a certain event, and I do so at a certain expense, but then the same owner says that the only event is that they are going to lower the price of the very action that I just did....seems very shady and not being up front with your customers.

As I stated in another post, if the only bread maker in the world said he was going out of business, you better prepare, so people start to buy up his remaining bread. Then that bread maker decides that he is not only NOT going out of business, but he is going to lower the prices of his bread and sell it in even more stores. Thus devaluing the bulk bread that you bought from him. That my friend is called a scam, and it is what this feels like at the moment.

I don't expect a refund of any amount, it would be nice, and those that don't agree I do understand your point of view as well. Yes I could have waited, yes it is my responsibility in the end, but when one person makes a money decision based upon the words of the person in charge, and then the very actions of the person in charge causes that person (customer) to be at a loss, then I feel that a wrong happened. I'll recoup the 130s, I'm not worried about that, its more about what is right and what is wrong.

Remember, I would never have spent the 130s to expand my deed if we were not told to prepare. In the end, we were told to take action and those of us that did are at a loss. Some people will leave because of it, I won't, but its gonna be sad to see even more people leave because they feel they were wronged.

• Like 4

Well put Gnomegates! it's not like Rolf asked us to prepare ourselves psychologically and emotionally for this change. I feel like this was a bit of a scam, not just that Rolf can't make up his mind. It doesn't feel good.

• Like 1

Thus devaluing the bulk bread that you bought from him. That my friend is called a scam, and it is what this feels like at the moment.

That's the thing... this whole thing feels very underhanded ... any deed i try to sell "for the tile cost" is gonna be worth half AND i have to expand (for half the cost..oo) thus increasing my monthly upkeep.

Fired my last templars, had them for people on my *open deed despite perimeter enclosures* to hide from the troll... but meh.. may outright disband the other.... whether to quit or not, depends how fun or unfun it's gonna be to keep my alt producing 13s a month for my sub and one deed if i do stay.  VISA go bye bye until I see some form of compromise......... 25% reduction in upkeep costs is lowest i'll go.. arr!!!

Connect Xanadu to the east side of Deli. Its the only logical choice.

(Im not biased at all, no no)

• Like 1

So now we have no place to put horses if we are off deed and they are not hitched?

1x1 house, they wont die in few days out of grass.

So now all players who didn't buy land before this decrease will have paid more for the land and the same upkeep as those paying the 1/2 off price.

Seems to me you need to refund all deeds 1c per tile to make this fair.

Please specify if the drop in cost is just for the expansion without change in upkeep.

I hate to board the drama wagon but the way it is worded it sounds like a big slap in your costumers buttocks. And only mrs Set is allowed to do that.

If enclosed perimeters will no longer be protected, please remove the 'required' 5 perimeter borders to allow us to deed those tiles. As it stands many of us can not expand our current boarders due to perimeter overlap with a neighbor. Making the perimeters optional will allow us to deed that area which may now fall within our current walls if we choose.

Making perimeters optional will encourage guarantee griefing by players boxing in other players, fully enclosing their deeds.  Unless you simply require space between deeds, which would have the same effect, except you wouldn't have to pay for it, I suppose.

Why not roll out the lower cost on tiles in increments over say 3 months instead of making it an instant 50% change?

Well i am kind of split when it comes to theses chagnges.

1) making it harder to fence in large amounts of undeeded lands are great, i have wanted this change since jk-h.

2) Lowering the cost of deeded tiles are also good BUT i feel like i would like a reimbursement of atleast 0,5-1 copper per deeded tiles i have deeded now. How this reimbursment should come i dont see a problem if it goes directly into the coffers of the deed upkeep, Getting it into my bank account on my deed holder would also work of course.

3) What happens to upkeep costs when the buy cost are cut in half ? Cant see that it would help anyone that ant big deeds to have the deed costs cut down in size if the upkeep are kept the same.

4) Perimiters should be possible to have as low as 1 tile as many have already sugested.

Edited by Daash

Lets hope the new lawn looks a little bit more then a real *lawn* after the change  :unsure:

But more important = How can you set the buy cost to 50 % and ( at least it looks like ) let the upkeep stay in full ??

People are struggle for the upkeep - so they keep the size to the possible minimum. The change will only cause griefing in several ways and unhappy players.

I wont abandon my templar to resize the deed so I can spare the silver - its a bite in the ass. :huh:

Edited by Syrann

Release new mega-server, but screw over existing customers and let them wait 1 week?

Wait what, you realize you already expect all the old players to teach new players how to play the game, but you won't even let them join a new server (again) ?

In a game that is already renowned for making stupid decisions, this has got to be a new record.

Wouldn't it be better to release a server that is actually ready to be played on, instead of luring in some new players to spend lots of money, then the whole server crashes 1 week later when all the loyal, old Wurm players finally get a chance to play on it?

Xanadu was the thing that was going to lure me back into Wurm, but since you have turned it into another poor decision in a string of poor decisions, I am just going to give up hope.

Wurm is forever lost to me. It was a mostly great 4-5 years though. Good luck with the future, which seems to be far away from the customers who kept Wurm floating for 5 years.

• Like 1

Release new mega-server, but screw over existing customers and let them wait 1 week?

Wait what, you realize you already expect all the old players to teach new players how to play the game, but you won't even let them join a new server (again) ?

In a game that is already renowned for making stupid decisions, this has got to be a new record.

Wouldn't it be better to release a server that is actually ready to be played on, instead of luring in some new players to spend lots of money, then the whole server crashes 1 week later when all the loyal, old Wurm players finally get a chance to play on it?

Xanadu was the thing that was going to lure me back into Wurm, but since you have turned it into another poor decision in a string of poor decisions, I am just going to give up hope.

Wurm is forever lost to me. It was a mostly great 4-5 years though. Good luck with the future, which seems to be far away from the customers who kept Wurm floating for 5 years.

I agree with this. It may sound harsh, but it is in fact our money they are using to pay for such a server. Locking out those who funded it, to say the least, absolute crap.

This applies to Epic players too, most probably won't care about Xanadu, but those that do won't be able to visit the new server until after (if!) its connected to the PvE servers they entered a portal from.

Edited by syncaidius

wait im confuse will a house not owned by mayor still stop an expand or not?  

After some consideration I believe tents are a bad idea. Why you ask? Well, If we go back in time and look at a time window starting when custom deed sizes where added and ending shortly after enclosure rules where added we will see a scenario similar to what will happen with tents.

Players will build off deed, these players will be grief, and finally there will be complaining.

Its kinda hard to summarize months of posts that happened years ago. Although, the just of it is that the negative atmosphere of "free land" users complaining about being griefed is very bad.

I actually think opening up the door to let people abuse alts and "free land mechanics" is better then all the problems we will see with the current tent approach. Its not like there isn't lots of land available.

Would be nice if Xanadu could work as gateway server between new and old cluster.

• Like 1

I bought a pizza last week and now its half price. Off to the parlour to demand half the money back.

• Like 5

Sadly this does not fix my problem and alot of others that have the same problem !!!

If you want more money Rolf ....let me deed my off-deed stuff by REMOVING this weak ass useless 5 tile Perimeter FOR GOD SAKE !!!!

If i deed my off-deed stuff i will have 10 tiles of NONE PROTECTED land right through my place......and before someone says "Just expand your main deed over the off-deed stuff" ...i can't cus of another player living just East of me.

So ....REMOVE PERIMETER or Let us expand in 1 direction .....come on Rolf.....DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!

• Like 2

So hang on, when the prices for premium were raised, did everyone start arguing that they should backpay the price changes?

Just because prices go down doesn't mean you're suddenly owed anything, much like when prices go up, you don't owe them anything

• Like 3