Sign in to follow this  
Zephyr40k

Demolishing a Structure

Near to where I live there's a multi-story building that was constructed by someone who has since converted to BL and moved away.  However they left the house standing.  I have endeavored to knock it down to open more room around my house.  

(This is in the EPIC environment, by the way) 

I have catapulted and large-mauled it extensively. Absolutely no wall, door, floor, or roof section remains, on any level. The entire structure consists of "wooden wall plan."  And yet, the darn thing just won't collapse.  

When I use a large maul on the ground floor, it gives me the option to "destroy wall;" I select it, wait the 30 seconds, and get the message "the last parts of the wall fall down with a crash."   When I right-click on an upper story I do not get the option to destroy the wall, but instead get the option to "remove wall plan here."  However when I select that, I get the message that "This would cause a section of the structure to crash down since it lacks support."  (Even though that's exactly what I'd like to have happen.)  

What am I missing?  Someone told me I might have to wait 24 hours after removing the last structure section for the frame to disappear, but it,s been over that and it's still there. 

Any suggestions?  Or might it actually be bugged?  

Update:  Today I decided to try demolishing a different, smaller nearby structure.  Catapulted all the walls away and then one hit with the large maul and the entire strucure collapsed. Just like its supposed to.  So I guess the bigger building is bugged, then?  

Is the entire multi-story structure wall plans or did it slowly collapse down to a single story as you bashed?  If it's a multi-story wall-plan structure...you may have screwed yourself over.  Normally you can't even make a roof overhead without completing the first-floor walls.