Sign in to follow this  
Guruen

Gurrington Quests - Round #3.1

Many of you have seen or even participated in my small 'events' called Gurrington Quests.

(see more here; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/99198-gurrington-quests-round-3/)

I'm switching my focus from blacksmithing onto weaponsmithing, and since my previous rounds has been pretty heavy on blacksmithing rewards i'm trying to rethink how i can do these in the future. Most people don't need that many weapons as they need tools. 

So this is kind of a test, trying to figure out if this way of doing them will be worth the time for both me and the persons participating. Feedbacks and ideas are very welcome as well.

Rules on this is pretty much the same as previous. 2 'quests' per person and first come first serve.

There will a time limit on this, but in the future i might leave it open and add/remove quests or tasks as they get filled and new one pops up.

Time limit on this test is untill 27th of April 20:00 CET

[0/10] Bring 100 bricks to Gurrington (X20Y18, Celebration)

Reward: 1 Voucher* for Weaponsmithing imp up to 70ql

Accepted by:

*)

Voucher is 1 papyrus sheet signed by me. It can be used to pay to get any weaponsmithing item improved up to 70ql.

Only Iron items accepted.

The voucher is not personal, and may be traded to others.

Only Vouchers carrying my signature is valid.

• Like 2

So this looks like it was a bad idea. This also means i'll be putting the Gurrington quests to rest for the time being, untill i come up with something that works =)

• Like 1

It looks like a good idea, but I think it would work better as a role-play thing. 

So if you made a role-play deed and as a mayor you set quests on the settlement token MOTD. 

For example:

The Land of (Insert village name) has seen a rise of bear attacks recently. This is halting work on the farms and has the villagers worried sick. The guards are overburdened and the village now requires YOU to do your duty in protecting the citizens. 

Bring the King 10 Bear corpses.

Your reward will be 2 copper coins and a bear rug. 

------------------------------------

You know? But the village itself would have to be focused in role-play with all sorts of things going on in the village. Including local chat to be reserved strictly for role-play chat using the /me channel.