Sign in to follow this  
Object

Playerbase count (PvP vs PvE)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 23, 2014 - Inflammatory
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 23, 2014 - Inflammatory

So tempted to say ignore PvP they whine to much anyway.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 23, 2014 - Inflammatory

So tempted to say ignore PvE they whine too much anyway.

• Like 1

I just wish wurm would get some real *PvE* updates and not just more decorations. A more detailed and complex simulation and a harsher deep wilderness would be awesome. Having something new to craft is in no way an environmental challenge to overcome. Being on epic almost every update(except legendary titles :() applies because it's the most feature complete cluster. PvP could use some new features though. What was the last non balance tweak content addition PvP has got that hasn't been completely broken?

This is a silly debate. 

PvP players can enjoy PvE content just as much as PvE players (unless it is purely on PvE servers). Pure PvE players cannot enjoy PvP content at all. There is alot of content that is not PvP, but it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by the same people that likes to PvP. It makes the whole discussion kind of strange. 

• Like 1

Pve pays the bills, brings overall more money in. If pvp wants more updates, Rolf needs more money. Proven fact 70%+ of that average players play mainly pve. Thus pve content is needed to attract more players to get more revenue, which is then use to hire more staff, Sure pvp feels the pain. In the long run if staff builds up enough, pvp will massively benifit as then they might have there own pvp focused team. Now i bash on rolf daily. However, judging by wat so far hes up to, Hes trying to boost revenue, He has been doing some pvp changes, and did alot, IE adding the same spells to All priests, Removin safe mines.  Effecting a pvp raid, etc. Yea, ya fail to show that one. Yall forget this is still a small indy team, ###### takes time, so wat seems like 1 side is gettin more love, is actually little bits being worked on each month. And Pvp,  hell, if you all even remotely say that ur fixs are easyones, ya need smacked. We all know pvp needs a massive overhaul, WHich means it would suck up deving times for months and months and that means rolf eventually loses revenue as he needs content for pve to draw in new revenue. Once hes able to get perminant devs to work solely on pvp, then you all will in heaven. But face the facts, pvp is a tough one to fix, deal with, Pve is easy. (also xandu, hahah, funny, some of ya pvpers dont realize when devs make xandu work, that means u can actually have pvp again, its a massive stress test, that means the final result is a new map sure. However a new system in place for all servers to help with local issues when people gather.    All got too much wogic and need more logic. ^^.  But, i think 1 month should be pure pve  fixs, another pvp, so on. then it would be fair. but meh my whole 2 cents. Im fatboy no one listens to my rants :-P

Please give us your source of info for this, or it is just opinion.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 23, 2014 - Inflammatory

won't be suprised if this doesn't get removed:

###### you kid, yet another example of how ignorant some freedom players can be. Please go back to tending your farms.

Edited by Thrrim

This is a silly debate. 

PvP players can enjoy PvE content just as much as PvE players (unless it is purely on PvE servers). Pure PvE players cannot enjoy PvP content at all. There is alot of content that is not PvP, but it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by the same people that likes to PvP. It makes the whole discussion kind of strange. 

See this is a very common misconception because certain aspects of the game are not only used in a completely different way in a pvp or pve environment but also certain things have different values.  To give a perfect example of this just look at the addition of the foal growth stage with horses, sure if affected pve but the real effect it had on Wurm was it slowed pvp down tremendously.

Animal husbandry in general is an incredibly pvp oriented skill since most of the time your using horses during pvp, they are almost a requirement to do it.  Platesmithing, in pve it helps but a requirement for pvp.

As a player that actively plays both play-styles , I pretty much agree in the OP. Freedom is already lot of fun to play and there are no really balance problems. Adding new stuff is neat, but in the end excitement isn't lasting long. On Epic there are many things to tweak, that really would effect gameplay, just a few examples. 

Deed Ratio

Elevation

Balance Priests

Sorcery things

And yes I would say even tho it is 1/3 of the player base, there should be 50% of time put in it! Freedom is a running system thats only needs some stuff to be added time by time, Epic on the other hand is a construction side. 

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

Please give us your source of info for this, or it is just opinion.

Opinion. , they are working on trying to get more people on the maps, obviously his attempt was a success, sure couldnt do much, but it didnt crash. The are obviously working on the issues or some ofem. Cant have a 64x64 map  barely working with 678 players hehe, when indy can hold 800, it showed him that the system needed a overhaul and his tests shows they are tinkering with it.  Thought it was obvious :-P

I wouldn't focus exclusively on PVE, just mostly.

However, I think wurm's lack of growth probably has a lot more to do with the new player experience than anything else and I'd stay focused there until the stats improved.

I haven't seen a single flower box on Elevation 

Lets make your dreams come true~~~~

... I cann showww you the wooorrllddd~~ 

Dude, we pay for your game, so count your blessings and enjoy the preferntial treatment PvP has gotten so far... bunch of freeloaders.

Pure PvE players cannot enjoy PvP content at all.

It's not that you cannot enjoy PvP content it's that you *choose* not to.

Dude, we pay for your game, so count your blessings and enjoy the preferntial treatment PvP has gotten so far... bunch of freeloaders.

Get over yourself.

• Like 1

Freedom is not even PVE, it's "build stuff only" :-D

100x100 deeds ftw.

• Like 1

It's not that you cannot enjoy PvP content it's that you *choose* not to.

Ok,I should have said "doesn't enjoy" to cover all types of PvE players, even those who would enjoy it immensly but choose to punish themselves by not doing it, for religious reasons or what not.

Edited by Torgrim

I'd like to see less "new content" and I'd settle for fixed bugs.  Then Wurm might actually qualify as a released game.

• Like 1

Ok,I should have said "doesn't enjoy" to cover all types of PvE players, even those who would enjoy it immensly but choose to punish themselves by not doing it, for religious reasons or what not.

I'm a PvE player and I live on Elevation, why?  Because there is a lot more value in my pve skills then on freedom.  I get 99 digging on freedom, whoop de doo, no one really cares.  I get 99 digging on Elev, suddenly everyone is asking me to increase their slopes.

I get 99 platesmithing on freedom, whoop de doo, my merchant will still sell the same amount of 90QL plate sets and I might get a few more people asking me for imps.  I get that on epic and now everyone in my kingdom is asking me to imp their gear.

I get 90 animal husbandry on freedom and people b**** at me for having 150 horses in my enclosed areas around my deed and complain it's lagging them too much.  I get 90 animal husbandry on epic and I'm worth my weight in gold.

The reason PvErs or carebears move to pvp servers isn't because they love to pvp it's because what they do is valued a lot more because it's actually worth something.

• Like 2

The reason PvErs or carebears move to pvp servers isn't because they love to pvp it's because what they do is valued a lot more because it's actually worth something.

Plus the things I do have a meaning... don't getting me killed and my stuff stolen.

Nice to see someone that gets the carebear feeling.

Edited by Alec

Ok so I'm kinda sick of hearing the comments "Rolf should just focus on PvE content because that is where the majority of players are."  So I'd like to put this all to rest with real statistics.

The amount of players who play on PvP servers are about 31% of the total playerbase currently, the amount of premium accounts in Wurm right now is 5376.  At 8 euros per account that's a gross income of 43,008 euros.  31% of that is 13,332 euros.

So sure, I agree with you guys that the PvE playerbase is the majority but if Rolf focuses solely on PvE content and ignores PvP there is a good chance he will lose 13 thousand euros a month.  So I don't know about you but I would say there really needs to be a healthy balance between adding (or tweaking) the pvp and pve aspects of this game.

I'm also sick of people saying "If you add more PvE elements it affects everyone anyways."  No that's not always true, I haven't seen a single flower box on Elevation and things like the creature ratio on deed was something that should have solely been added to freedom and should never have affected the PvP servers.

Now please, understand what I'm saying before you reply.  I am not suggesting in any way that Rolf ignore PvE players I'm just sick of PvE players saying to ignore the PvPers.

Your math is off.  You are only accounting for premium accounts, and not for deeds and how many of those premium accounts are owned by the same person.  I am sure there are several people who own at least one PvE and one PvP account.  There are also a few people who own several deeds, large deeds at that. 

So if you want an exact amount of money per month that Rolf would lose from focusing on one thing or the other you would need to factor all of those variables in also. 

The fact of the matter is this, if Rolf works on improving the PvP content, by updating the combat system and adding some more variation to the games combat system, armor, weapons, and such, the PvE side will gain from it also.   The same can be said by adding more things from the PvE side of the house, like bridges, and clothes. 

If he focuses on one he will improve both in one way shape or form.  But if he just puts out a HUGE PvE only server not linked to anything, it is going to be another flash in the pan bored by next month situation, like Epic was.  

Both pve and pvp should stop biting each others on forum and bring the fight to the game, in style. The challenge? The PvE group should coordinate a troop to win hota, the pvp group should compete making the best looking deed ever. Clearly the underdogs 'players that play in both servers' gonna win on this :P .

snip

I think your misreading my post, I'm with you I want them to do exactly what they've been doing, spreading updates on both servers.  What I'm sick of is the people who say they should ignore pvp or the ones that say Rolf focuses on pvp which he obviously doesn't.

Pve pays the bills, brings overall more money in. If pvp wants more updates, Rolf needs more money. Proven fact 70%+ of that average players play mainly pve. Thus pve content is needed to attract more players to get more revenue, which is then use to hire more staff, Sure pvp feels the pain. In the long run if staff builds up enough, pvp will massively benifit as then they might have there own pvp focused team. Now i bash on rolf daily. However, judging by wat so far hes up to, Hes trying to boost revenue, He has been doing some pvp changes, and did alot, IE adding the same spells to All priests, Removin safe mines.  Effecting a pvp raid, etc. Yea, ya fail to show that one. Yall forget this is still a small indy team, ###### takes time, so wat seems like 1 side is gettin more love, is actually little bits being worked on each month. And Pvp,  hell, if you all even remotely say that ur fixs are easyones, ya need smacked. We all know pvp needs a massive overhaul, WHich means it would suck up deving times for months and months and that means rolf eventually loses revenue as he needs content for pve to draw in new revenue. Once hes able to get perminant devs to work solely on pvp, then you all will in heaven. But face the facts, pvp is a tough one to fix, deal with, Pve is easy. (also xandu, hahah, funny, some of ya pvpers dont realize when devs make xandu work, that means u can actually have pvp again, its a massive stress test, that means the final result is a new map sure. However a new system in place for all servers to help with local issues when people gather.    All got too much wogic and need more logic. ^^.  But, i think 1 month should be pure pve  fixs, another pvp, so on. then it would be fair. but meh my whole 2 cents. Im fatboy no one listens to my rants :-P

Maybe if some major updates were made to improve the focus/availability of PvP, more players would play on PvP servers.

Both pve and pvp should stop biting each others on forum and bring the fight to the game, in style. The challenge? The PvE group should coordinate a troop to win hota, the pvp group should compete making the best looking deed ever. Clearly the underdogs 'players that play in both servers' gonna win on this :P .

That moment when I think that everyone in Wurm, when they think about PvE the first thing that comes to mind is deed building/terraforming.

And then I remember that theres not actual PvE in Wurm, just a build mode where you have to harvest and collect the raw materials, craft them and then build and repeat.

Wurms lack a lot of truly PvE content pass 70+ FS and 80-90QL  enchanted gear.

Which makes me think that the most popular activities for PvE players are improving and building, and thats totally not PvE.

• Like 1

There is a misconception over what PvE truly means.  Since skills like digging don't exist in WoW it's not really thought of as a PvE skill, but it is.  It's also a pvp skill when you use giant dirt walls to prevent people from raiding your deed.