Sign in to follow this  
landoz

Sell Option Change - Darn it, again?!

Hello sirs and matrons of Wurmopia! I recently had an annoyance with a certain trade system in this game. I've also come across many who have had similar experiences.

There is a system in the game that allows you to pick up any item(basically) and sell it whether at a trader, settlement token, or trader. It allows you to get up to 11iron each trade-off. Up to 5 copper/hour. (This system is great, BUT)....

If anyone has had this happen to you, please share your experience and concern to have this changed

ASAHP(as soon as humanly possible)

Have you ever sold an item by mistake and not been able to purchase it back, or not be told WHAT you sold? I recently purchased a 90ql pickaxe and sold it because I accidently clicked off and didn't double click. I've had many people do the exact same thing with more valuable tools...THIS IS CRAZY! Maybe its too easy to say "Well make sure you click it, duh?"

Honestly, if the developers just added a simple "are you sure?" or have it act like a trade window, I think people will be more pleased, or give the option to "buy back" and if that comes into play, make sure it goes into public test before into real servers(in case of accidental duping of coins).

Anyway, just a simple suggestion, thought I'd like to share. Thanks!

ive done this, but adding another action would add to the time of something that is already not worth my time. hence i dont use the sell option.. not enough output made for the time spent

I think you are just going to have to pay attention to what is highlighted.  While an "are you sure" message seems nice, I will not tolerate that every time to sell 50 pumpkins for 5 coppers.  It can happen with other actions too, I've sacced too many good tools when saccing cordage ropes.

ASASP! As soon as scientifically possible!

Adding confirmation appropriate only if devs will add possibility to sell more than 1 item at time. Now you need to activate item and right click trader and click "sell" so it's 4 clicks just to sell 1 item (hotkey and 2 clicks if you use container and belt). With confirmation it will be 5 clicks and trading for 5 coppers will take almost half of hour.

I'm not necessarily advocating a change to the system, although I have sold a high quality tool for a few irons. Could the mechanics of the bank be changed to work like an altar? You open the bank, deposit your items and they show in the window before closing. Then you sell by right clicking the token and choose sell like normal. As of now, you can 'manage' in a similar fashion, but it is an automatic deposit. 

I'm not arguing to deposit, say, 100x items in there to sell at once. But a limit of 10 individual items would be nice. It does seem that the mechanics of selling to the token are purposefully cumbersome to keep the selling down, and I do not have a problem with that. I know many people use (or used to) that open bank dialog window to store items to prevent decay. Perhaps that was taken out of the game? Anyway, just a thought. Not a huge issue to me, but it would give a little more peace of mind when selling to the token.

Edited by Fescue

I think you are just going to have to pay attention to what is highlighted.  While an "are you sure" message seems nice, I will not tolerate that every time to sell 50 pumpkins for 5 coppers.  It can happen with other actions too, I've sacced too many good tools when saccing cordage ropes.

put your tools in a subsection in inventory, then you won't mislclick them when selling. You'd start raging with the are you sure you want to sell option after the first few times.