Sign in to follow this  
Gadergan

Nerf Shields

I have fought against and heard folks fighting against decent skilled shield warriors. The reason I think shields should be nerfed is becouse it is too hard to hit someone with a shield, I remember 5 persons against one dude with shield and we had problems like hell to hit even when we managed to stay behind  the enemy.... Shield should not be nerfed to minimum though, just so it is able to pvp one with shield to death. (Please be serious about this)

Absolutely not, there isn't anything wrong with them. If any change is to be made, it needs to be that Shield take way way less damage.

• Like 1

I have fought against and heard folks fighting against decent skilled shield warriors. The reason I think shields should be nerfed is becouse it is too hard to hit someone with a shield, I remember 5 persons against one dude with shield and we had problems like hell to hit even when we managed to stay behind  the enemy.... Shield should not be nerfed to minimum though, just so it is able to pvp one with shield to death. (Please be serious about this)

What the... heck? It sounds to me like your skills are low and the enemies are higher, Shields are fine as they are. Only upstanding problem with them to me is the fact medium / small ones are broken (may be fixed now idk)

Shields are perfectly fine blocking, after all you do have to put effort in to grinding it, Even that is not tricky. You just need to use right gear and have the skills to make it easier.

Nerf weapons, they hit to hard.

:ph34r:

Also a whopping no. 

Remove shields entirely and replace them with turtle shells and adamantine eyelids

• Like 5

Remove shields entirely and replace them with turtle shells and adamantine eyelids

Yes!

Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine.

Signed, Rock.

• Like 10

+1 and possibly with a decal of a picture of a bunny. 

Shields were OP as hell before but they are rather balanced now; I wouldn't like to see them messed with. If anything make them take less damage ;)

Shield are absolutely fine, and have already been nerfed over the years

What needs fixing is the way positions are usually way out of sync with the server/client/other people/whatever. You can think you're behind someone but really you're a few tiles ahead to the right, etc etc

(Please be serious about this) 

=D

And it is very hard to pvp shield, shield doesn't backtalk in local to my chit chat.

Edited by FreeTineen

Only upstanding problem with them to me is the fact medium / small ones are broken (may be fixed now idk)

Broken? How :P?

Nerf everything, and have everyone beat each other to death with foam rubber.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

but we won't need the shields once EA buy wurm and add cannons.

im 77 fighting skill with 40+ large metal shield skill(dont not at my computer to check atm) and around 28-30 shield skill , I use a LS and a LMS. I went and was getting my shield imped, forgot and fought off a venerable angry lava spider with no problems. took about 5 more damage than I usually do because I didn't have the shield on. From a non-pvp view, it is perfect. 

Nerf foam rubber. It does too much damage when someone with 99 FS and 99 body strength hits you with it.

The only thing I agree with, is the position system, it is really idiotic to stand with your back pointing to the opponent and still be able to block parry and hit.

The only thing I agree with, is the position system, it is really idiotic to stand with your back pointing to the opponent and still be able to block parry and hit.

I'd consider that a compensation for not being able to hear sounds from all directions.  Since you can't hear something coming up from behind, the game at least allows you to look around without stopping the fight.

That would be awful with wurms positioning which is accurate within a couple tiles at its best, and 10+ at its worst.

If you're properly positioned, an opponent at your back will get passed your shield literally every time

• Like 1