Sign in to follow this  
Edvinas

Additional in-game map functions

I came up with few ideas which could improve the in-game and make it more useful.

1. Add additional options to markers such as:

• Commenting function, for example someone wanted to mark a specific deed with number the people in it or the size of it.
  • Move the marker without deleting it and placing a new one.
  • Change the markers appearance.
  • Set size of the markers appearance.
marker.jpg

2. A new feature for drawing and editing roads with the same marker properties:

road.jpg

3. A new feature for drawing and editing areas, for example to mark kingdoms influence or mark hunting zones:

zone.jpg

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 5

-1 what for noob Need map

So you don't have maps with notes, marks and information to share valuable intel with your deed/alliance/people ?

Thats soooo naab.

Sextants. Very inaccurate at low skill and nearly accurate at high skill - what skill who knows? New navigation skill? Could tie in with boats or something too. It's not GPS but it's not guess. 

+1 then can draw better penis' with these tools.  That is what we use the map for in answer to the guy above.

Edited by Rushy

Someone at one point also mentioned adding a kingdom title maybe, like cartographer, the king can appoint someone who can actually mark things on the map ingame. Like if he went to the starter deed and right clicked the ground it would say add annotation, and put his annotation on the map. Would be a little more accurate then what we do with the map iteself. Anyway I liked that idea. 

Even if that idea is no good to ppl, I do like the idea of adding more features to the existing system +1

Especially like the roads idea

Edited by amberain80

Maybe add a sextant and a new skill like cartographer, so this guy can use a papyrus and inscribe this own marks and roads and such to make a master map, then again using a papyrus he can make copies to sell/give to another people, this copy can be used only once and add marks as personal marks unable to be shares as village or alliance marks.

Could you guys support your opinion?

It'd be these additions now, and next up we'll have realtime player location icons on the map, followed by a minimap.

I prefer how navigation and community made maps work now.

Community maps are better for this sort of thing.

True, but the in-game map is already implemented and is really lacking, so why not improve so that people would actually use it instead of the community maps?

It'd be these additions now, and next up we'll have realtime player location icons on the map, followed by a minimap.

I prefer how navigation and community made maps work now.

I'm fully against mini maps and real time positioning. Like I mentioned earlier, it lacks features which would make players want to use it instead of the community maps.