Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Hi Guys 

My question is how do i put a screen shot on my posts (spoiler).

thx in advance.

To post screenshots to these forum you must upload the screenshot to a separate image hosting service than post a link to that image here(within the spoiler in your case).

May I ask what a map reset is? If it means all your stuff is wiped and it could happen again... :(

Stat gain and skill gain - do you have to gain skill to raise stats? This applies both as capped non-premium player and as a high skill player. I have 86 digging, only get occasional digging ticks. Will this slow down stat gain?

On 12/23/2015 at 7:09 PM, MrJevans said:

May I ask what a map reset is? If it means all your stuff is wiped and it could happen again... :(

AFAIK, there has never been a map wipe.

You can get stats gain even if you dont get skill gains

to make sure you up your chance of a skill gain, while gathering materials, you have to have the materials have QL greater than 1 and less than 40. If you are getting too higher QL at higher skill levels you need to lower your tool quality.

Is there a way to reliably sacrifice keys that no longer have a use, and yet keep the ones that do (which would give you a message like 'Fo believes this item still has an important use' or something)?

I used to sac them in altars, but I heard that changed, and haven't dared try it since. I am developing an overabundance of keys I have no idea if I can still use or not...

Edited by LilyPhoenix

Sadly sacrificing is indeed no longer a good way to get rid of unneeded keys (but keep the still valid ones!). So forget that way to sort them I'm  afraid, you will have to do it the 'old-fashioned' way. Which is doable off-deed, but needs resetting the settings to disallow you to use the gates first on deed.

Take all your keys and a few satchels or jars along with you, and name 2 of them them 'not yet sorted', one not-sorted checked, and one 'sorted-is in use' or the likes. Go stand at a gate (or boat or whatever).  Put about half of all your keys in one not-yet-sorted, half in the other of that name. Seeing you have the key on you, the gate should open. Now drop one sack with half the keys and see if it still opens - if it doesn't, the key is in the dropped sac - if it does, the key is in the sac you hold. Then move the keys in the sac which does not hold the right key into the not-sorted checked sac, and divide the half that holds the right key into halves again, one half in each not-yet-sorted satchel again.

Keep repeating the process, throwing the half that does not hold the key into not-sorted-checked bag each round. You will end up with the right key for that gate. Name it to avoid this painstaking job a next time (I find it useful to name or number each gate and then name the key the same myself), and put it in the sorted-is-used bag.

And then on to the next gate, dividing all the keys out of the not-sorted-checked bag into the two not-yet-sorted bags, and start on the new gate. Etc etc... In the end your not-sorted-checked sac will hold all unused keys (unless you forgot a gate, vehicle, locked bsb or whatever somewhere, so make sure you doublecheck that). For some things (i.e. padlocks, boatlocks) you will simply have to select each key in turn and try taking off the lock, best keep these for the last bit when you have less unsorted keys left.

Have a good time ;) 

Edited by Kianga

Problem is, I'm not sure what the keys belong to, and I have somewhere in the region of 70 to go through. Bleh...

Well, the above explanation is precisely for keys you are not sure what they belong to... you do it the other way around. Methodically search for anything locked, then do that thing above (and rename the key to never have to do it again ;) ).

(Yeah having to do that is bleh indeed... I think it's a pity we lost that sacrifice-aid)

I received an indication from old player here. But I have one simple question before I start downloading the game. Is PVP a requirement to progress on the game? If it is I won't even bother to download. I'm a 100% PVP hater and these days non PVP games are real hard to find.

There are plenty of PVE servers to play on. I have not and will never go to a PVP server and I have played for close to 8 years.  

Choose Independence, Exodus ,Xanadu ,Deliverance  ,Celebration ,Release or Pristine these are all pve.

these are the pvp ones

Chaos,  and all of the EPIC servers are pvp. Elevation Desertion,Serenity can't remember the others. 

and even on PvP servers: PvP is not a requirement to progress on "your" way.

but to avoid PvP completely - just follow Lolabelles advise and join a "Freedom Isles" server :)

KaiH, I have to disagree, unless things have changed.

I started a character on Chaos a year or two ago, I settled myself on a nice little peninsula near a guard tower near The Landing. I was doing fine, built my little house and animal pens, and went to make a deed and the game said I had to belong to a kingdom.  So I researched kingdoms and figured out I was in JK land.  I contacted them and explained that would like to join, build my skills, and eventually trade or whatever with my kingdom.  I was told I didn't belong there and should change servers, and could not join.

It was later explained that I was suspicious in wanting to be left alone and therefore might be a spy.

I found a partially constructed sailboat, finished it, and escaped to Celebration.

Edited by Kyleshandra

that sounds like you did not PvP.

you can join a kingdom and do your thing, it is totally possible - going all alone on a PvP server is a completely different matter though.

(going like "hey, i am here! let me join just because!" doesn't work that well in most cases)

Are there venerable hell hounds? In two years of playing I've never seen one.

On 4/2/2016 at 10:45 AM, Palgolak said:

Are there venerable hell hounds? In two years of playing I've never seen one.

That's really interesting. I just used WA to find "Venerable hell hound" in my combat logs going back as far as January 1 of 2014. And then I copied and pasted into Wordpad and it found not a a single usage of the phrase "Venerable hell hound". 

On 3/20/2016 at 8:22 PM, KaiH said:

and even on PvP servers: PvP is not a requirement to progress on "your" way.

but to avoid PvP completely - just follow Lolabelles advise and join a "Freedom Isles" server :)

Lel, "join freedom isles" means you have no managment over your kingdom and you are target of 98% of the people. You have no where to go as the area of influence for freedom isles is so small.

4 hours ago, Zachariah said:

That's really interesting. I just used WA to find "Venerable hell hound" in my combat logs going back as far as January 1 of 2014. And then I copied and pasted into Wordpad and it found not a a single usage of the phrase "Venerable hell hound". 

Professor Noizhead has looked at the WU code and says that hell hounds' maximum age is 35 - halfway through "old".

If you cared for one, it should become venerable.

1 minute ago, Palgolak said:

Professor Noizhead has looked at the WU code and says that hell hounds' maximum age is 35 - halfway through "old".

If you cared for one, it should become venerable.

90% of hellhounds i find in my WA is aged.. and old.

What is the skill requirement to produce an anchor?  The wiki does not state a skill requirement, however, the crafting window says my skill is too low.

It is blacksmithing to make the anchor

And

Ship Building to make the mooring anchor, with the mooring rope and anchor.

I really remember them not being that to of a high skill level to make.

What exactly does the path of love 11 "healing hands" do? I've heard different things from different sources. Does it cause ALL of your cotton healing (even on other players) to double? Is it 50% more ALL the time, or only sometimes? Does it affect Fo healing spells? (on yourself, or when casting on other players?)

[15:28:56] A black hole with shimmering edges. It is unstable and will disappear in about 183 days, 14 hours and 30 minutes. Ql: 13.431413, Dam: 0.0.

Fountain Packs.  Has there been any more news on these?  I  have 6 months remaining and recall it stated there was to be possibly new items/containers that would, sort of, replace this functionality but no details were given back then.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything :) (I have 6 of these things and am not quite sure what to do with my 1200kg of stuff in them lol)

Hi guys! Quick question here : 

I'm currently thinking of buying this game. I'm a big fan of farming/grinding/player driven economy game and I heard this one not too bad. Can someone tell me why I should play the game, what's the nice and best things in game. Thanks in advance!

Poukie, I have been playing for something like 2 years now and had poked at it on and off over many years previous.

Best things... hmmm

Overall, we have a wonderful player community... sure, there are the occasional troublemakers but overall, a great group of people.

Gameplay wise, I love the fact that there are a zillion different skills you can choose to work on... some that are mostly just for gathering resources, others for general building skills, and still others that are very specific to one type of product.  For example, woodcutting is pretty strictly for cutting down trees and your skill determines the quality of the wood gathered.  Carpentry, used for building/fences/ and some tools.  Plate smithing, really specific, only used for making plate mail... but in demand because it takes a lot of effort and so not too many people grind it up high.  I think I saw somewhere there are something 120 skills or so.

I think it's great that someone can play for free to get a feel for the game and do nearly everything other than tasks that require higher skills, there aren't any servers or sections of the maps that are off limits other than something to do with Epic (PvP).

Once you are a premium player, the game is wide open... one of the first huge benefits you gain as a paid player is that, since you can gain skill past the 20 limit for free players, you very quickly get to being able to drive a cart pulled by animals.  This multiplies the amount of stuff you can move around hugely... I think that was the biggest single difference I noticed right away :)  I'm sure others will have other thoughts on that.

You can build buildings from simple little wooden shacks to truly impressive castles.

There is indeed a player driven economy in that you can offer your labor in mass producing bulk materials even with low skills as a free player (dirt, rock, bricks, planks, etc) to the other extreme of producing high quality tools with enchantments cast on them that make them work faster or gain skill faster, or both!

I had a villager who played for over a year who was premium the whole time and never spent a dime out his pocket.  He supported two deeds and I think kept 2 characters premium but I'm not sure about that.

The cost for a moderate deed is very reasonable in my opinion and gains you tremendous advantages in both control/protection of your goodies, and also reduces decay tremendously.

Once you have paid for a character, even for a short time, if you find you have to step away from the game for a while, your character will stick around, or you can keep playing as a free character if RL becomes difficult for some reason.

Ok, I've rambled on far longer than you probably wanted, but I really do enjoy the game.  Sure, there are issues that pop up from time to time, while your mileage and opinion may vary, I think the devs are pretty good about responding to most of them.  Others will argue that point depending on which features are most important to them.

Welcome!

One last thing since I have to run... Many server choices... Xanadu is the largest and newest of the freedom servers.  If you like exploring places that not many people have seen, that's a great choice.

Should you decide to try that one.. if you like monster fighting, the northern portion is more heavily populated by nasties, the south tends to be safer...

ttfn!

• Like 1