Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

I'd like to ask if nolocate casted on the body/another player blocks 100% of locate attempts for the duration whatever the power, and if so isn't this a bit OP?

As far as I know works only on jewellery, and when someone succeeds to locate you, the nolo cast drops 1point. [88] - [87]

Thank you, missed that :)

thought person needed something that lasts longer, misread the question.

I'd like to ask if nolocate casted on the body/another player blocks 100% of locate attempts for the duration whatever the power, and if so isn't this a bit OP?

If it does block 100%, it probably is OP, as the power of the cast is equal to the number of minutes the cast lasts, so 100 power would be 100 minutes of protection.

However, the wiki page says that it 'gives you a chance' of not being located, which may mean that it is the same as wearing an item, so 100 power would last for 100 minutes but only have a 50% chance of protecting you (as there is no item quality to add to the strength of nolocate) as per the chance of an item defending you - (quality + power)/2.

wearing a ring/bracelet with a low power nolocate is pointless.

casting a locate needs to get a higher cast than a nolocate on the person located (or nolo cast on a jewelry piece that person wears).

no idea where that "100% save" comes from, its just not true.

Hello! Rather new player here and I have some inquiries; If someone wouldn't mind answering my questions I would be very grateful :D.. They are as follows:

1. I've been wanting to become a good hunter (pve only, I don't care for pvp), i.e., I will want to be able to kill uniques/rares or whatever they're called (the dragons ultimately). As such, I've been browsing all sorts of tips and tricks, guides and what not, and I think I have come across some recent information. This information basically says that Sword and Shield (LS + LMS being my current setup) is  useless endgame, and you should really go with a two-handed weapon. I s this true?

2. If it is infact so, then I would want to use the two-handed sword (I don't care for axes/mauls aesthically... :P). Is this a bad choice? I hear the axe is just the better choice overall. Also, should I only train Aggressive Fighting, or will Normal/Defence still be useful?

3. Currently, I wear plate armour and am planning to do most things on horse-back (I actually like the idea of doing mounted combat with a  two-handed sword if I may say so :D). Is this also a bad choice? I like the look of plate.

Thank you.

1 - Yes, for uniques you want a two-handed weapon for fighting them. Also, you defiantly will not be able to take one on alone, at minimum you will need about 20 good fighters + a priest or two for heals and stamina regeneration casts.

2 - For two-handed weapons you want Aggressive stance. A large maul has the most damage output of any weapon, and each two-handed weapon has its own perks and downfalls so it is really just up to you to decided what you want to wield.

3 - Plate armor is one of the most powerful armors in the game, and for PvE long as you are on horse back, you are just fine in wearing it.

• Like 1

XfTITbR.jpg

In the above image I have four sets of Leather Horse Barding.

The first two listed both say Leather Barding. The second two say Barding Comma Leather.

Why is that?

They are all functionally identical pieces of barding, However the name of leather barding seems to have been subtly altered for unknown reasons. Some sort of ninja update? The two normal bardings do not stack like you would think they should do. The top two bardings are relatively new, where as the bottom two are over a year old.

Edited by Maxthx

Does same with coins.

Silver coin - or coin, silver.

Something to do with the age as you said.

Leftover items from before certain changes were made. Still knocking around the database I see.

Does rake quality affect crop yield other things being equal?

Edited by Capi

Whats trellises?

New decorative items you can make using the new seedlings (can find them through foraging)

• Like 1

New decorative items you can make using the new seedlings (can find them through foraging)

Aye, more specific, foraging for resources

• Like 1

Will we see more factions @ Elevation in the future? What will you do to push the interest to make Elevation even more popular?

Questions:

Does WOA and COA effect LUMP OF IRON when smithing?

Does WOA and COA effect WATER when smithing?

CoC doesn't work on water when smithing, but it does work on water when doing cloth tailoring, not sure about WoA however. Both WoA and CoC work on a lump when smithing.

• Like 3

Questions:

Does WOA and COA effect WATER when smithing?

not sure about WoA however.

As far as I am concerned woa doesn't work on water

How does selling to token work on EPIC? Can epic players sell to token?