Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Question:  Is there an increased chance to make a rare/supreme/fantastic forge out of a fantastic rock shard, as compared to a rare/supreme rock shard?

I got my first fantastic last night, a rock shard, and am curious whether it's of any use other than sacrificing.

At one point is was thought (and I believe stated) that rare or better does provide some minuscule increase in the chance for the item made from the resource to go rare or better, but I'm not aware of it being confirmed to be a better chance using a more rare item (in this case fantastic) over a "simply" rare version.

I've read that keeping meals in a frying pan reduces decay, even more so when the pan is in a forge, large barrel, or coffin.

So my question is which one of the three (forge, large barrel, or coffin) is the best at reducing decay?

how many wagons hold knarr?     i found out that we can fill wagons and carts when in boat  :D

If i build a multistory stone writ does someone raiding me have to catapult down all floors before the bottom or can they just catapult the bottom floor and walk in?

They can just Catapult down the first floor walls to get in.

They can just Catapult down the first floor walls to get in.

Then multistory is mostly for anesthetics than defense?

This cant be normal right? This isnt "wurm online" cause people look like worms right?

zHwCROE.png

This cant be normal right? This isnt "wurm online" cause people look like worms right?

zHwCROE.png

That looks like a problem some people were experiencing with integrated intel graphics.

Question, instead of starting a new thread.

Rare Knarr top solo speed.

wiki sais 27, ive heard of 28.

Mine does 22.86 in a gale.

I've tried close hauled and back to the wind. (q40)

do i need to make a support ticket?  

Wind measurements are not set speeds, a gale varies.

Amazingly no one knew this. I've made a request on the wiki maintenance page to prevent future frustrations.

hey all i am now i whantet to make the now acount an the web site for the game and i havent got the emal to continiu the restration of the game name so what to i have to do to ??

Check your spam folder, 99% of the time it lands in there.

and i whantet to make it 1 more time whit the same name and it tells me the name it is foiting to be confinm for 2 days so i havent got the mail whit the confirmation to ffinish the registration and i cant resend the email 1 more time and i dont nowhat to do :((( 

yep it was hiden god deam i dezactivated it long time a go :))) puff it wa in it thx .

• Like 1

Is there a way to take the music out of Wurm to listen to it outside of Wurm?

Got to your wurm install path, open packs/sound.jar (with 7zip, winrar, etc.) 

In that file look for 009-Music-Specific and 010-Music-Incidental and extract what's in there.

You will need something that plays ogg files (i use winamp, now get off my lawn!)

• Like 1

Alright so sorry for the newbie questions but I've not yet really downloaded the game I've actually just been wondering about the wiki, internet sites, and forums to gather as much info on the game. Though to keep in mind I learned of this game only yesterday; so I decided to make this forum account to comment here to ask my biggest and most prominent question.

This is of course in regards toward Ingame Coin, how does one get this? How hard is it to obtain, do I need to purchase it with my IRL money? Is the myth about using earn Ingame Coin to get Premium Time true? If so how long does it last? If not perm, how much is it each time? Does or has it ever fluctuated in the past as far as price range or the amount of coin one can obtain in a timely manor? 

I've also heard of ways to get this, (to make clear I am not clearly sure of anything being true that I have learnt so I decided to leave it up to the official forum to set the record straight) Can slavery be a optimal way for myself to gain coin? Will players take me as a slave to do menial tasks to complex ones with a reward to even pay out that is similar to a job system? If this is true how hard is it to find a player willing to pay me coin in return for my hard work for them? 

If I get Premium Time, will that enable me to do the same such things other premiums can do exactly? If not what are the downfalls of the things premium time will not let you do that being officially premium will?

So yeah thats quite the load off of questions and I realize this may take a while to respond or most may not respond, therefore I just wanted to say thank you for those who do and thank you for taking the time just to read what I have written. 

Welcome to Wurm!

About premium

- Yes, you can earn your premium by working ingame. It will cost 10 silvers to get 30days premium. Most new players prefer to make bricks / mortar / planks.

1k bricks is about 2silvers, 1k mortar is 2-3silvers and 1k planks is 1.5silvers. So you could earn your premium with 5000 bricks =)

Best thing is that first premium gives you back 8s, from the spent 10s. So in fact it only costs you 2silvers [ you get referral, which sells for 6s and free 2silvers to bank ] - only works on first time.

But when I started, I decided to avoid all the hassle and just get first premium quickly with real money in order to get started faster, I count time as money.

Altough bricks + mortar + planks arent the only things that give you money.

I used to repair walls, chop trees, create floorboards, and help others build their villages. That can pay off a lot better, since 5000 bricks might get you really tired.

With premium you can turn in to a priest, ride horses, sail bigger ships and quite much do everything easier+faster.

Making your first brick might take up to 12seconds, but after you are premium + a lot more skilled, it might be 3seconds instead of 12, with high skill + good stone chisel ^^

The first month is the hardest month, patience is golden!

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

This would be the most important wiki page to read for a newcomer:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/What_Do_I_Do

Edited by silakka

The only way in game currency enters the game is by buying it with real money. But once you have it, you can trade it to other players. In this way, players can earn coins from other players. The cost of silver coins from the shop has once gone up in price relatively recently but otherwise remains constant. You can also purchase in game coin from other players who sell it for RL money at a cost that is less than the shop (currently I believe the going rate is around 1s per 1euro). You can purchase 2 months premium from the shop for 16euro and this comes with 2s, a referral (which can be sold for aroun 6s) and 2 sleeping powders (which could be sold for up to 1.5s each). Alternatively, as silakka suggests, you can buy 30 days for 10s in game at any token and you will still get the 2s and referral but no sleeping powders.

As for doing tasks for money, this can be done at the start, but it is not really that feasible to keep up long term to pay for premium. I have seen many try and often will burn themselves out after finally making it to the 10s for the month premium that they cannot bring themselves to repeat it for the next month. My advice is to pay the 16e, sell off the referral and sleep powders, then enjoy the game. Hold on to the money from the sales for the 3rd months premium or to buy a deed or other items etc.

If you enjoy the game enough over these two months then you will find that you have enough skill in something or another to start making money in other ways than just making bricks or mortar. 2-3 months of focusing on a few key skills can make you an effective money maker if you do your research, and with much less time invested compared to bricks/mortar. In addition, the value of your character goes up. People are always looking to buy money making toons.

Good luck :)

Edited by McGarnicle

Evinity,

Your approach of reading the Wiki and these forums will serve you well throughout your time spent within Wurm, so I commend you for having the insight to take that approach.

Over the years that I have played Wurm I have never found it to be of interest to earn one coin within the game by any of the means offered, since instead I can earn a much larger amount of money out in the real world in a fraction of the time and then purchase coin from the Wurm Shop to put to use to enjoy the game without further concern for all the tedious involvements otherwise.

So I can't really point you in the directions as others have done to earn coins within the game. All I would do is to advise you to consider just how much easier time wise it is to just purchase coins from the Wurm Shop and then go about your pursuits exactly as you would prefer, beholding to none other than yourself. Either alternative is available so it just comes down to personal choice.

=Ayes=

shortsword vs longsword?

What would be the difference between the two? Speed and damage?

Eventually with a QL90 shortsword and a QL90 longsword the DPS would be identifical as long as the skill is identifical?

in PvE it doesn't really matter.

And I could quite surely say that DPS is not too far apart between SS + LS

Make sure you have good enchants, that makes any type of weapon great. I would go with the shortswords personally ^^

I have a question about animals that drag carts or wagons. I know that bison have some extra speed on a wagon but other than that is there a difference between horses, bulls, and bison? Is there ever a reason to use one over the other?

Now that so much weight can go into a large cart with crates, are some animals stronger than others when dragging a very heavily loaded cart?