Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

But how do I find a love tile? examining lots of tiles? meditating on lots of random tiles?

Does the event log reveal anything?

Examination will not reveal if it is a tile or not. You must meditate on it, and if you will receive a message that says "this is indeed a special place", or something along those lines.

Examination will not reveal if it is a tile or not. You must meditate on it, and if you will receive a message that says "this is indeed a special place", or something along those lines.

ok, thanks!

• Like 1

If not part of a certain deed, is there a way to find out how much upkeep they have left?

Bat

No, you can only get a rough estimate of the time left based on the knowledge of the general size of the deed, and then if buildings and walls are decaying or not.

Enchanted grass can be packed by animals. Is it still true it last longer or should I keep planting flowers thanks in advice

Edited by Booskii

enchanted grass lasts way longer than regular grass...

the chance for packing was only increased for ecnhanted grass, not matched to other types

enchanted grass 'can' (chance) be packed - regular grass 'will' (guarantee) be packed

Is there any point in using Meele-Weapons aside from longswords? I was looking starting off with a huge axe so far, but I all the PvP Vids ive seen show longsword+shield.

Im totaly new, but mostly looking for a PvP-Oriented weapon.

Thanks, Euler :)

Is there any point in using Meele-Weapons aside from longswords? I was looking starting off with a huge axe so far, but I all the PvP Vids ive seen show longsword+shield.

I dont pvp since im a carebear but large axes are used also alot, they hit harder but parry less.

They are largely effective weapons if you can manage to skill up enough in them.

Is it possible to move beds between floors?

I got a rare one I would like to move.

It is impossible. The only way you could move an object like that between floors is in one direction, down, and that is when you destroy the floor tile it is on.

it may be possible once we get the 'load' function. at the moment it is impossible to get a bed to a higher floor as Shrimpiie said

Does the Fo spell "Wild growth" make crops ripen faster?

type /who and it tells you playercount +  the server you are on :)

remember to save this if you want to know the map of your server

http://blackburrow.s3-external-3.amazonaws.com/overmap/wurm_overmap.html

Does the Fo spell "Wild growth" make crops ripen faster?

Only trees/bushes afaik.

My friend has a fo priest and he never used it on farming, only on our oaks :)

Edited by silakka

I forgot what server I chose when started playing. How can I know this now?

Type /who in local chat.

Why does the updater go file by file and ultimately take forever if it could simply update the packages by what they are - packages?

My updater is running since forever now and it's like 20% due to so much analyzing and so little updating, lol.

Not a complaint, just wondering really.

I guess you just need to figure a way to pass time.

There has been a lot of updates in wurm within the past year, so there is loads to download ;)

Why does the updater go file by file and ultimately take forever if it could simply update the packages by what they are - packages?

My updater is running since forever now and it's like 20% due to so much analyzing and so little updating, lol.

Not a complaint, just wondering really.

I have noticed at times that the updater seems to get stuck at that low number and wont progress further. So what I do is just close the Wurm logon screen and then click to open again. This resolves the problem. Also works when the updater seems to get stuck at 99% and won't finish.

=Ayes=

Hey guys,

Now that we have lawns has anyone tested if they are viable pasture for grazers? Do horses/cattle even graze on lawns? Any feedback is very appreciated!

Bat

Hey guys,

Now that we have lawns has anyone tested if they are viable pasture for grazers? Do horses/cattle even graze on lawns? Any feedback is very appreciated!

Bat

When you make a lawn you cut the grass really short.

[22:27:17] Dergen looks pleased that the grass is trimmed and now looks like a lawn.

Im not 100% sure if grazers can graze on it.. but very unlikely o.O

Does deed faith bonus only affect citizens on deed, or does your bonus apply whilst you're on someone elses deed? So is war just for defence, enchanting only on your own deed, healing only on your own deed?

I've seen a lot of talk about permadeath as a champion, and more than a few threads which suggest going priesty with your main character is a bad idea for a whole variety of reasons but mainly the restriction on improving items.

It's my second day in game and I'm on Affliction making my way towards Wild and the Bone Altar so I can become a follower of Libila.  :)

I have a few questions:

1. Is permadeath really permanent? You can't simply make a new character, you have to start a whole new account? Let's say I bought six months of premium, do I lose the balance of time on the account if I die as a champ after three months?

2. I've read that once you to Wild and priest-up there's some sort of problem in going to a few other servers, as in you de-priest on arrival and lose all your stats and faith or something? I wasn't too clear on that, so which servers do you need to avoid as a priest of Libila and why?

3. If you don't care about improving items and are willing to grind all your necessaries (digging, mining, woodcutting, etc) the hard way before going priest, is there any other reason *not* to go priest on your main account?

Thanks.  :)