Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

If the dirt will flow into a fence, you will get an error message disallowing you to drop it.

Gates are considered fences

I started building a Cog inside a rowboat. Once it got to around 280kg i started getting the message that the Cog will not fit in the boat. I can still attach parts to it though. i get the message evertime a part is attached. Of course now I can't lift it to take it out.

Can a Cog be built inside a rowboat? Anyone knows what happens if i keep building it?

I built a sailboat in a cart once, and it just poped out once it was complete. Never got the will not fit message though.

You will get that message every time and the ship will pop out when it is done. I've done this many times.

Is WOA on sickles not supposed to affect flower picking time?

It should afaik; unless it's already at 4 seconds.

Also, is your avatar effected negatively for having a path eg. path of power?

Alright, thank you :)

What was the tile for starting on the path of power? Cave floor tile?

Alright, thank you :)

What was the tile for starting on the path of power? Cave floor tile?

Cave is insanity, power seems to be flat tile in an elevated location.

Is WOA on sickles not supposed to affect flower picking time?

It should afaik; unless it's already at 4 seconds.

Also, is your avatar effected negatively for having a path eg. path of power?

Apparently my 70 woa reduces my flower picking time by 1 second. :(

Does anyone know if animals can eat grass off of bush/tree tiles? I remember they used to eat off them but I'm not too sure now. I had a pen full of bushes, then later on I started to see that most of them are not fat. Or if there's a "limit" number of grasses on bush/tree tiles that an animal can eat before it can regenerate anymore? I might be wrong though and they never ate any grass from them from the start.

Also what lock can you use for Large Cart? My friend used to be able to put one on long ago. Just recently he lost the cart due to some bug riding into a mine so he had to make a new one. Found out that he couldn't place a lock anymore. He even made one of each kind. Did Rolf remove lock from large cart?

From experience, if a cave collapse, how high should my expectation be for new ore veins? How about losing some existing veins? I think I need to give it a bit more time after the cave collapse, I would only re-open the entrance or something if I mined right away?

Long ago when I applied support beams on walls, I placed on one wall, skip a wall, and place one more. By chance I found out that turned the middle tile into reinforced walls too. Is this intended? Or does it still do that?

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer these questions.

Animals do not eat of tree tiles.

Placing locks on a cart was a bug that has been fixed

Expectation for new ore veins should be very low. The only way to lose an existing vein is to mine it out.

Only the wall you reinforce will be reinforced.

Only the wall you reinforce will be reinforced.

More accurately, only the tile you reinforce will be reinforced. (If more than one wall of the tile is excavated they all become reinforced.)

Ah alright, thanks. And I remembered the middle tile becomes reinforced before so I didn't know if it was intended or not.

Another question. I have 9% in making a stone mine door. The wiki wasn't specific enough in what stats I needed to be able to use it. I'm assuming I need 21 mining or higher to use the mine door?

Last question. Do animals eat steppe tiles? If they do, do the tiles become packed?

Ah alright, thanks. And I remembered the middle tile becomes reinforced before so I didn't know if it was intended or not.

Another question. I have 9% in making a stone mine door. The wiki wasn't specific enough in what stats I needed to be able to use it. I'm assuming I need 21 mining or higher to use the mine door?

Last question. Do animals eat steppe tiles? If they do, do the tiles become packed?

21 mining, yes, yes.

do the traits of horses also effect the speed they drag a large cart with?

can 2 buildings share a corner, for example

OOOOOOO
OOXXOOO
OOOOXXO
OOOOOOO

where X = house tile and O = dirt

can 2 buildings share a corner, for example

OOOOOOO
OOXXOOO
OOOOXXO
OOOOOOO

where X = house tile and O = dirt

No

You could use it to regain stamina on steep slopes by embarking - then climb some more and drag it up a bit.

You could use it to regain stamina on steep slopes by embarking - then climb some more and drag it up a bit.

Ahhh, I would of never thought about that. I thought the "bug" was climbing up backwards. undrag cart, climb up, drag when cart is in front of you and climb up a short step, repeat. It's like climbing up a cliff without a cart :P

Ahhh, I would of never thought about that. I thought the "bug" was climbing up backwards. undrag cart, climb up, drag when cart is in front of you and climb up a short step, repeat. It's like climbing up a cliff without a cart :P

That one's been around for donkey's years. That would have gone ages ago if that was considered a bug ;)

FYI you couldnt regen stam in a cart, in fact i dont know why it was considered a bug, all he did was make it impossible to be climbing then embark, makes no sense but meh

FYI you couldnt regen stam in a cart, in fact i dont know why it was considered a bug, all he did was make it impossible to be climbing then embark, makes no sense but meh

It was considered a bug because it allowed you to scale any dirt wall, no matter how high. Drag the cart to the base then turn around so it shoots up the wall a bit, hit climb then embark, then when you disembark you pop out halfway up the wall, repeat as needed. It's been reported since they were first introduced, so it was nice to see a fix finally.

Seems a sloppy way of fixing it.

Even without being able to regain stam in a cart it was still easily possible to climb massive slopes with little stamina loss. I managed to climb one of the towers of the Kyaran walls (3 separate slopes, each probably 200 dirt steep or so) in full combat gear and with 1500 kg of logs in the cart. This used maybe 20% stamina, so I didn't even have to regain stamina in the cart. Not regaining stamina only prevented you from climbing massive mountains, not climbing walls, cliffs or everyday obstacles.

FYI you couldnt regen stam in a cart

Thanks, my knowledge was a bit outdated there then. Back in the days when large carts were still new...