Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Please I want a confirmed, real answer for this one.

A, can chickens live off crops, and have enough food to lay eggs?

B, are roosters needed for chickens to lay eggs? I know they don't breed, but I would like to know.

Chickens can live off of crops and lay eggs and chickens always lay eggs you just need a rooster to fertilize them.

How does that work?

Once a chicken get's so old it start's laying eggs everywhere even without the rooster.

So roosters are not needed at all for eggs to hatch/chickens to lay eggs?

Chickens will lay eggs no matter what but they need a rooster for the eggs to hatch.

Chickens will lay eggs no matter what but they need a rooster for the eggs to hatch.

The eggs don't need a rooster, unless that's changed?

No, it hasn't changed.  They just hatch very, very infrequently with or without a rooster.

a question:

When you put normal items on a merchant but nobody trades with that merchant and it disbands over time. what happens to those normal items?

When you put nondrop items on a merchant but nobody trades with that merchant and it disbands over time. what happens to those nondrop items?

I have a question for you lot:

Is there such a thing as a champion anaconda?

I have a question for you lot:

Is there such a thing as a champion anaconda?

Anacondas don't have lairs, so no. In the same way you don't get champion boars.

if I drop a deed token can I dig under it and lower it down or is terraforming the corners not allowed?

In other words, terraform first or lay deed first?

Place deed first, can terraform after this way you can be sure you can place the deed there as well.

but if the tile the token is on needs to be lowered can I do that or is it not going to be possible to dig there to lower it down?

Maybe I will lower that one tile then plant deed

you can tarraform the token tile after founding the deed

you can tarraform the token tile after founding the deed

That makes things so much easier, I am planning some extensive terraforming and I don't want to get half done and have someone drop a token near enough to ruin all that work.

I have heard 2 arguements that higher Ql sprouts that are planted will make the tree grow faster and another party says it is completely random. Which is true and also does your gardening/forestry skills affect the time it takes for a sprout to grow after planting?

I have heard 2 arguements that higher Ql sprouts that are planted will make the tree grow faster and another party says it is completely random. Which is true and also does your gardening/forestry skills affect the time it takes for a sprout to grow after planting?

I'm reasonably certain that the time a tree takes to grow is fixed.

Sprout ql (and forestry/gardening skill) only affect the probability that you succeed at planting the sprout.

I started building a Cog inside a rowboat. Once it got to around 280kg i started getting the message that the Cog will not fit in the boat. I can still attach parts to it though. i get the message evertime a part is attached. Of course now I can't lift it to take it out.

Can a Cog be built inside a rowboat? Anyone knows what happens if i keep building it?

I built a sailboat in a cart once, and it just poped out once it was complete. Never got the will not fit message though.

Thanks Danny. i'm going to keep building it, seems ok so far.

I'll post here the actual results once it's done.

No problem :)

Even if I'm wrong, I don't see why the ability to have something that can hold as much as that just stay in the boat; I'm pretty sure container wise they work exactly the same as carts, perhaps with different limits - so I'd imagine that since they definitely pop out with carts that they should definitely pop out in boats - maybe 97.5% confident that it should pop out - but keep me informed :)

I was under the impression any unfinished item that cannot be placed in a container drops to the ground if finished in a container.

I think at some point the cart will get too heavy to drag though, but you should be just fine.

I'm reasonably certain that the time a tree takes to grow is fixed.

Sprout ql (and forestry/gardening skill) only affect the probability that you succeed at planting the sprout.

Erm i decided to do a test and here was my results

I had 20 pines, one half had ql over 50 and the other half had ql under 50(on ethier side of my house) and i recorded the growth, what i found was the higher ql sprouts tended to be taller and grow faster than the ones that were less ql. After a week of planting these trees there was a noticable difference in height between the trees too.

I have questions about dropping dirt and fences.

If you drop dirt past a 40 slope, it flows down hill.

As I understand it, if the dirt would hit a fence,

it does not flow, but stays put.

Is this correct?

What happens if that results in a slope being greater than your digging ability?

Does it refuse to let you drop the dirt?

Also, do gates count as a fence for dirt purposes?  or does the dirt flow past the gate?