Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Everyone should see the change I believe... one exception I have found is that at times if I rename a chest or something else that is already on the ground, the new name won't display on mouseover until I pick it up and set it back down.

• Like 1

Assuming everything is on a deed, that factor can be ignored.

Outside a writ is usually slightly faster decay.

Not sure if caves still play a factor, not to mention cave tiles located under a writ.

Items decay much much slower inside cave compared to inside writ/outside writ on deed.

Thanks.. I found that even with about 8 or 9 large crates the two storage bins loaded just fine :)

Thanks all for the help. Now all I have to do is get my ISP fixed so it is worth trying travel. Last night my ping times, just to my isp site were averaging 3000ms...

To all of you who were trying to tell me and I wasn't getting it.

I thought that you had to have a storage bin empty to load or unload it on a ship but once there, you could fill it with stuff normally.

I confirmed tonight that is not true :(

All you can do by loading a storage bin into a ship is transport the storage bin. I have a lot of work to do since that doesn't work :(

I have purchased something like 47000 food/wemp... and I really didn't want to make 4 trips in my knarr to move them in large crates... sigh... if anyone knows of a more compact way to cram wemp and veggies into a ship, please let me know!

combine the wemp fibre. a lot fits in rafts that way.

for the veggies it depends on their volume which containers you should choose.

jars in satchels in backpacks in rafts

I have noticed at times that the updater seems to get stuck at that low number and wont progress further. So what I do is just close the Wurm logon screen and then click to open again. This resolves the problem. Also works when the updater seems to get stuck at 99% and won't finish.

=Ayes=

I'm having this problem now with the NEw ele update. can't get it to work with closing it, no matter how many times i try. 

Any sudgestions? heres the log

Contents of temporary launch log:

Time is Wed Apr 15 16:52:33 PDT 2015

Running client version 3.86

=== System information ===

Executing from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\

Operating system: Windows 8 (arch: amd64, version: 6.2)

Java version: 1.8.0_40 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>

Jvm version: 25.40-b25 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM]

Available CPUs: 8

>>> Main thread exiting.

Loading character kodiakjack

Loading config default

Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\default\gamesettings.txt

Executing C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\default\keybindings.txt

Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\players\kodiakjack\password.txt

>>> LoginFrame queue entry exiting.

class.mlgY26m1ei: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak

I'm having this problem now with the NEw ele update. can't get it to work with closing it, no matter how many times i try. 

Any sudgestions? heres the log

Contents of temporary launch log:

Time is Wed Apr 15 16:52:33 PDT 2015

Running client version 3.86

=== System information ===

Executing from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\

Operating system: Windows 8 (arch: amd64, version: 6.2)

Java version: 1.8.0_40 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>

Jvm version: 25.40-b25 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM]

Available CPUs: 8

>>> Main thread exiting.

Loading character kodiakjack

Loading config default

Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\default\gamesettings.txt

Executing C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\default\keybindings.txt

Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\players\kodiakjack\password.txt

>>> LoginFrame queue entry exiting.

class.mlgY26m1ei: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak

Reinstalled wurm after backing up my player files, works now

Hello all,

When grinding cooking for a priest, I understand that stews seem to be the way to go... I notice everyone uses frypans, is there a difference using a saucepan as long as the end result is still a stew?

If I buy an account on freedom and want to transfer it to chaos is the only way by boat? And if so, so I have to make one myself since the only way to cross servers is with one that you made?

It doesn't actually have to be made by you, just owned by you. If you buy /borrow one, and the current owner puts it in your name, then you can cross server borders with it.

Hello all,

When grinding cooking for a priest, I understand that stews seem to be the way to go... I notice everyone uses frypans, is there a difference using a saucepan as long as the end result is still a stew?

From what i can remember from a year ago when i tested use of saucepans, though they use less metal to make they are bigger in volume, and therefore u cant fit as many in a back pack.

Hi there,

I'm still in my first day on Wurm.

First off are there any good Wurm FAQ's on these forums? (Sorry if I have missed them)

I prefer to trawl for basic information rather than come up with probably commonly answered questions. This thread is about 6 years old! :)

Does the newbie spell light stay with you for 24 hours in real time or 24 hours in time in game?

Can I pack up my tent and use it more than once.

Sorry if these Q's are a bit basic. I hope to go premium if the game stays as exciting as has in the first few hours :)

Welcome Brimble :)

As I recall, there are a few spots on the forum with some good beginner info, this thread is one of them. In the real early stages I really got a lot out of the wurmpedia.com site. Right from the home page theee aee some starrer guides that were very helpful. I am not at my regular system so don't have my bookmarks but try searching skill builder for a good basic guide of how to raise skills, 'containers' for info on inventory and storage, and of course just the name of any skill you are interested in.

I believe the newbie light is 24 hours game time like the couple other bonuses you have like food from the starter areas and reduced agro by mobs.

Your tent can be used and picked up as many times as you want. It does take damage with time when it is down and I don't believe it can be repaired or improved. There are craftable replacements for it with enough rope and maybe tailoring skills. Remember to keep your tools repaired until you are ready to move on to better ones :)

No problem on the questions, ask away!

I am sure you will get lots of offers of help, if you are on the Xanadu server, I would be glad to have you join me on one of my deeds to get you off to a good start. I don't have any requirements other than have fun and respect others property. Rules are pretty much just resource management guidelines.

You are welcome to stick close to the deed or just use it as a home base for exploring. I have a few other villagers who are all fairly new.

In any case, welcome to Wurm, I hope you will find this game to be as interesting and entertaining as many of us have.

As you have probably noticed already, the skill and activity list is amazingly complete so there is something for everyone.

You will find things move a little slow at first due to low skills but it doesn't take long to cut times down quite a bit with better tools and higher skills :)

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

Thanks for such a nice welcome Kyleshandra.

24 hours in game is a long time, I will appreciate the advantage. I won't take you up on your kind offer of camping near one of your deed though, I have managed to travel to somewhere SE in Xanadu near Gallows Harbour and will keep exploring till I find a less populated area.

Meanwhile Ive been bookmarking Wurmpidia pages to help me. Ive now gone premium so I'm guessing I'll be around for a while :)

Hope to visit you and check out your deeds one day.

When I bought Premium I meant to mention a friends name who referred me. I can’t remember being given the opportunity. Is it too late? If not where do I go to give here the credit?

Congrats on going premium :)

I think the referral command might be as simple as /referral but I am not sure. If you type /help into the chat line, a help tab will open up down next to your friends tab in the bottom right (by default) of your screen. Click on that and scroll through the text to find info on giving a referral. And remember, your friends name is spelled Kylesh.. oh, sorry... nvm... *grin*

Enjoy the game and welcome to the neighborhood! I am also in the SE :)

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

When I bought Premium I meant to mention a friends name who referred me. I can’t remember being given the opportunity. Is it too late? If not where do I go to give here the credit?

The referral you get is not a physical item, is a command you can use (/refer) to "refer" someone.

Said player can choose between 20 days of premium time and 1 hour of sleep bonus or 3 silver and 1 hour of sleep bonus.

You can also sell your referral to other players, usually they go for 6 silver (6.5 silver sometimes, if you're not in a rush to sell).

Another thing to mention, a player cannot use the referral for 20 days of membership if he/she was never premium before (either buying premium time from the shop or with silver in-game).

• Like 1

Thanks for those explanations, it was ' /refer ' I was looking for.

(Yet) Another question :)

Although I am still getting  used to the vanilla client, can you recommend using the Unstable client? Of course the name kind of puts me off but I don't know if there is much more of an advantage or even if it's more configurable.

Although I am still getting  used to the vanilla client, can you recommend using the Unstable client? Of course the name kind of puts me off but I don't know if there is much more of an advantage or even if it's more configurable.

The Unstable Client is where the new changes to the game are implemented first to work out any bugs in them, so I guess this is why some players use it to get a sort of preview of them. In all they years that I have played I have never used it, since I would rather wait until they are introduced into the regular client. For a new player especially, I don't see the point of using it. There is also a Test Server where new changes are introduced initially but anything done there has no effect on your regular character, so again just for those who like to mess around with new stuff to experiment carefree.

About the newbie Tent. I would say that it is best to pick it up when you log out of the game, since they get a lot of decay quickly in comparison to other items in game. So better not to use it for storage of misc items of little value but rather set it down when online for a Spawn Point to recall to if you die. Building a large cart and locking it, or a small house, or a small fenced area will serve you much better for secured storage.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Some great advice there thanks Ayes, I'll stick to the normal client.

I forgot about decay. Something unique to Wurm I think. My tent is pitched as I type this, I wont leave it up again when I log out.

• Like 1

The unstable client is safe enough to be used.

Usually is the most up to date client, once I learned there was a unstable client where you had the chance to try some of the updated a bit before than wen using the normal one I've switched to it, and in all my years of using it I never had a single problem with it.

How many arrows can you fit on a caravel? This is more of a thought experiment than something practical. I'm aware you can fit a ton of arrows on a caravel.

Here's my current thinking:

You can fit 41 arrows in a quiver. Apparently you can fit 100 quivers in a large barrel. Can you fit large barrels on a raft? Maybe just 100(?) large barrels on a caravel? Maybe some number of large barrels on a raft then 100(?) rafts on a caravel. There's lots of ways to do it... maybe you should put the arrows in a backpack.

Lots of questions, the wiki wasn't able to provide me the answer on some necessary questions.

So, how do you efficiently stack things to get maximum number of arrows?

Can anyone explain how I can export a map of my deed out of Wurm, then import it to Deed Planner?

Thanks for any advice links or tips :)

Hey i just got booted of the game because of crash.

You got disconnected from the server for some reason: <The server shut down: Reason: Crash bugfix. Up to twenty minutes downtime.>

Likely reasons include networks problems, the server going down for an update,and someone tripping over the cable.

---

Will I get free sleep bonus now when i can login? :) 

ps hope the guy is ok if he tripped over the cables lol!