Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Question one:

Is it deliberatly difficult to get in contact with game masters, Rolf, other employees of Code Code AB? I'm not sure if you realize but there is no "contact us" functionality on this website, that I have found so far......and I have searched closely. Even resorting to pming via forums only to find the majority of gms etc seem to have pms blocked.

My main question that I wanted to ask directly but could not, resulting in me asking in the forums is when is the next freedom server opening, Prisitine and Release are already crowded feeling. That seems to be the way these small servers are, they dont feel substantial like Wild and Indepence do. I'd actually play on Indy if it wasnt such a wasteland (of old deeds and homesteads).

Question one:

Is it deliberatly difficult to get in contact with game masters, Rolf, other employees of Code Code AB? I'm not sure if you realize but there is no "contact us" functionality on this website, that I have found so far......and I have searched closely. Even resorting to pming via forums only to find the majority of gms etc seem to have pms blocked.

My main question that I wanted to ask directly but could not, resulting in me asking in the forums is when is the next freedom server opening, Prisitine and Release are already crowded feeling. That seems to be the way these small servers are, they dont feel substantial like Wild and Indepence do. I'd actually play on Indy if it wasnt such a wasteland (of old deeds and homesteads).

I know of areas on Indy that are fairly untouched. & if you go to Chaos you'll find lots of open land hahah. I wouldn't be surprised if he opened another but might be awhile.

Question one:

Yeah, /support is the only way I know of (and some general email adresses flaoting around of Rolf and such), helps if you know a gm or ca's that have a gm account.

But it is usually only Rolf that knows when or if a new server will open (maybe the PR team guys to, but I doubt it) unless he announces this on the internal gm-forum before he makes it public.

And yep, Inde can be a wasteland in some parts, old terraforming sites look pretty ugly, tho they can be of great help for people who want to build up a deed without having to do to much terraforming.

Walls and houses usually decay pretty fast when the deed pops, but old roads and mines everywhere can make it look like a wasteland (also, walk far enough from the spawn area, because north of fm it isnt a wasteland, its pure chaos! :D)

Hi there, my Question is which weapons are most used. I know each Weapon has its place and there is not one best weapon. But i also know there are weapons that more often chose then other ones.

I have had some trouble logging in e.g. sometimes the world is on its side and I am in the water, then it tips up the right way but nothing loads except the blocks right next to me (no walls, no buildings etc.), and lag is incredible re typing messages in chat windows, or examining or doing things with right click.  Please help, this is stopping me from playing.

Probably a stupid question, but the questions and answers thread is the best place I can imagine for it - people keep mentioning all these cool things that are happening in a may or june update apparently (like multiple people), and I am finding just ... no trace of these things online, or a list of known facts so far about the update, or anything about a big summer update in general.
I also suck at finding things I'm searching for.
Any pointers, or is everyone just messing with me?
~Auri

There are tidbits about the summer update over the forums and the social media, but there will be a newsletter soonish with all the details

I'm in mine now and exhausted, stamina is 0 and I cannot get out of mine because I cannot climb out

What to do?

Concrete sliding: what's going on here?  Wurmpedia is short on details, and it doesn't work like dirt.  I'm getting the "it will only slide away" message with 13 slope directly and diagonally.

EDIT: that's exposed rock slope, not the slope of any dirt on top.

Edited by sfaleron

hi, im new. I can't find the size of the game. It's downloading optional packs automatically even if I uncheck the Graphics, SOunds and experimental. can anyone help me?

I'm in mine now and exhausted, stamina is 0 and I cannot get out of mine because I cannot climb out

What to do?

Let the character sit while it's stamina regenerates. If that fails to work then log it off for several hours, then attempt a climb. Be weary also, the more weight you have in your inventory the faster your stamina will degenerate whilst you are climbing. I would advise dropping nearly everything on your person and climbing out, once at the top drop the items up there, make sure your water is full, and go back down and retrieve your equipment. This might take a few trips, however it will ensure that you get out with all your items.

Can someone PLEASE tell me there is some way to bind a key to some of the more repetitive tasks like creating small nails.  I have looked all over, but I am hoping that I just managed to miss it.  Even if it took a script I could set up so I had to hit a few different buttons that would be fine.  All I know is that constantly going through the screen click menu is going to make this game very very expensive.  Mostly because I am going to have to pay for a divorce attorney if my wife pulls another "I need a hundred small nails" and then when I finish say "Oops, I meant large."

There are commands for all sorts of things like mining forward or even continue... but the most repetitive of tasks are not an option so far as I have seen.  I tried binding "create_smallnail" or whatever but no joy.

Help?  Please?  Someone?  Save my marriage, not to mention my wrist.  That stupid screen menu is a pain on the joints.

activate lump and click on a stack of 3 small anvil helps a little, there is no hotkey.

Can someone PLEASE tell me there is some way to bind a key to some of the more repetitive tasks like creating small nails.  I have looked all over, but I am hoping that I just managed to miss it.  Even if it took a script I could set up so I had to hit a few different buttons that would be fine.  All I know is that constantly going through the screen click menu is going to make this game very very expensive.  Mostly because I am going to have to pay for a divorce attorney if my wife pulls another "I need a hundred small nails" and then when I finish say "Oops, I meant large."

There are commands for all sorts of things like mining forward or even continue... but the most repetitive of tasks are not an option so far as I have seen.  I tried binding "create_smallnail" or whatever but no joy.

Help?  Please?  Someone?  Save my marriage, not to mention my wrist.  That stupid screen menu is a pain on the joints.

The problem lies in the fact that the item choice is a sub of the larger "create" action. Because of that, it would probably require devs to write hundreds of various "create_[insert here]" scripts. I'm assuming that'd be rather time consuming, and probably is the reason it hasn't been done yet.

Not to mention, you don't have enough usable keys on your keyboard to bind all the "create_[item here]" that you'd want to bind. :P

So, basically, your answer is no. Not yet, anyway. Kadore's suggestion works best: put as many lumps in your hand as the amount of actions you can queue. Activate the anvil in your hand, right click the parent lump and create>nails.

Edited by As_I_Decay

What determines the gender of the Tower Guards produced by a Guard Tower (on Independence if it matters)?  The Guard Tower on my Deed only produces female Guards, but I've seen male Guards around other Guard Towers on Independence during my travels.

Thank you.

What determines the gender of the Tower Guards produced by a Guard Tower (on Independence if it matters)? The Guard Tower on my Deed only produces female Guards, but I've seen male Guards around other Guard Towers on Independence during my travels.

Thank you.

It's random.

Anyone know what causes Saved Keybinds to reset everytime you log out? ive been saving them via entering them into console ingame, but everytime i log back in, they arent saved anymore, any thoughts?

I assume no, since when trading "normal" the receiving character needs to have premium and I guess that cant be controlled when mailing....but you could try it I'm pretty sure it wont get lost

Edit: Nevermind, question answered.

Edited by SwiftAsLeopard

Anyone know what causes Saved Keybinds to reset everytime you log out? ive been saving them via entering them into console ingame, but everytime i log back in, they arent saved anymore, any thoughts?

You could be binding a key that is already in the autorun file, which runs on startup and replaces that keybind.

#1 -- Some of my windows are open when I log in, some are not.  For a brief period the game remembered which ones were open when I logged out and those were open when I logged in but no more.  Is there anything I can do to set a window to be open upon login?

#2 -- Do you get higher power enchants (on average) on higher quality items?

#3 -- My priest is old old old, originally she had the respec ability to change to any diety 1x.  Is that now gone and my only free respec is to Libila?

#4 -- If you sail over a lava tile, do you die?

#5 -- Does a magic chest protect food?  I've heard gossip saying yes, but wiki says no. Can anyone confirm yes or no?

#6 -- Does a Santa Hat offer any armor protection?  As much as cloth?

#7 -- Why make a ground level floor?  A paved ground tile doesn't decay.

#8 -- What is the point of putting a backpack on your back?  From what I see it's harder to access (additional window to open) and it doesn't group items. I have 43 house writs at the moment and they don't group if in a backpack on my back.

#9 -- How do I change the POV from 80 degrees to 90 degrees?  Does Wurm support more than 90 degrees?

#10 -- Do meditation special tiles spawn on non-flat tiles?

#11 -- Does a mine door that is on-deed decay?

#12 -- Are any of the 4 new tree types similar to Willow/Oak in that they kill other trees that grow in their area?

#13 -- What is the true system for gaining an affinity the first time, and if you lose yours by being killed on Wild/Epic how long does it take to regain one - or do you?

#14 -- What is the purpose of an iron sheet? Marble brick?

All I can think of atm.   =)

Edited by leaf

Marble Bricks should soon become marble roads same for slate i believe.