Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Is there a way to temporarily mute the spam in the events channel?

2 hours ago, Vseras said:

How exactly do cave-ins work? If I mine out a huge space, will the risk be greater? Is it based on the amount of open tiles, etc?

Cave-ins happen onto a mined-out tile from adjacent rock walls that have no reinforcements. Reinforcing all adjacent rock walls to that tile will greatly reduce the risk of that tile collapsing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vseras said:

Does the QL of furnaces affect crafting?

Not directly. QL of a forge will increase burn time of fuel and speed of items heating up. Rarity will do that too.

• Like 1

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere where I can see the default sell prices to settlement tokens and traders?

9 hours ago, Vseras said:

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere where I can see the default sell prices to settlement tokens and traders?

Wurmpedia - Sell 

Prices are always the same. 1i+1i per 10QL

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, neopherus said:

Wurmpedia - Sell 

Prices are always the same. 1i+1i per 10QL

Thanks, so it's the same price for both settlement tokens and traders? 

11 minutes ago, Vseras said:

Thanks, so it's the same price for both settlement tokens and traders? 

Correct. Here is from the trader wurmpedia page:

• You can sell low quality items when standing next to a Trader. See Sell for more information.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Trader

• Like 1

Why should one use "the lowest QL rake you can." when grinding farming?

On 4/14/2021 at 8:15 AM, Vseras said:

Why should one use "the lowest QL rake you can." when grinding farming?

This explains it, but basically it is to get the best skill gains.

• Like 1

What's the deal with animal ratios on deeds? I think I've an optimal count of 15+ or something and I don't quite understand what that means.

If I want 20 cows, 20 bison, 20 horses, 20 hell horses, 10 donkeys, what's the downside to that, would my deed upkeep increase?

110 animals need 1650 tiles, so roughly 40x40 deed. Add some extra for visitors, wanders, and newborns. 

Deed upkeep increases with a larger deed, of course, but adding more animals in and of itself does not raise the upkeep cost.

What the animal ratio represents is the total tiles of the actual deed divided by the total number of animals on the deed itself (perimeter doesn't count).

So a higher number in the ratio means a larger space for the animals there.

If the total deed tiles : total animals ratio is less than 15, you'll have more of a chance of sickness in the animals and a greater risk of things like misscarriages.  That's why you should want a larger deed for a larger number of animals if the ratio is less than 15:1.

For the example you gave, Antony, that would be 90 animals and so your deed would need to be at least, or greater than, 1,350 tiles total to have a healthy deed ratio.

• Like 1

How can I get wurm online to be more stable and to EXIT COMPLETELY which in wont right now when I log out of wurm so I can switch characters PLEASE HELP!!!

Does the rarity of the barrel affect the affinity when fermenting alcohol?

- update, the rarity of the barrel does not affect the affinity of the fermented alcohol...

Edited by Blacklotus

does the rope making potions if appied ti a rope making tool help the QL of the rope apon creation

When coins are banked, do they simply become amounts or do the coins still exist somewhere, ready to go back into circulation?

I have never had a rare coin in withdrawals, but I have had a renamed coin which I had banked included in coins I withdrew later.  Would that only happen when I withdraw, or would it be possible for someone else to get such a named coin when they withdraw from the bank?

5 hours ago, icenrns said:

how do u ground coffee beans

With a green and yellow wire?  😁

20 hours ago, icenrns said:

how do u ground coffee beans

Have you tried using a mortar and pestle on them?

How many premium reward points does one month of premium equal to?

Were accounts deleted? I had a premium and non-premium account connected to one email. But I can only get the non-prem to reset password. I forgot the password for both of them

1 hour ago, Jikky2 said:

Were accounts deleted? I had a premium and non-premium account connected to one email. But I can only get the non-prem to reset password. I forgot the password for both of them

You might want to contact staff about your unable to log in to your premium character problem. 

Accounts that are or have been premium are /never/ deleted for no reason. 

Characters that have never been premium can be deleted after 3 months of never logging in (inactive).  Being premium just once with that character guarantees it won't happen.

Edited by Tristanc

Is there any way to change my name so i can be ''Harryvederci'' instead of ''harryvederci'' on the forums?

Hello. I have a problem. I want to build a wall. But there is no tile border here. I can't build a floor because of the stairs. I can't build a floor on the outside either, because it's no longer a building. What to do?🙄

lAm1NpG.png