Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Is there any way to remove expired characters from the drop-down in the downloaded (non Steam) Wurm launcher?

1 hour ago, crimsonearth said:

Is there any way to remove expired characters from the drop-down in the downloaded (non Steam) Wurm launcher?

Go into the Wurm Folder - For me this was: C Drive - Users - Username - Wurm - Players

Then you delete the folder, in the "Players" folder that has the name of the account, that you don't use anymore.

By deleting that players folder, you then delete the ability to sign in as them, with the wurm program.    (Only just found this out myself through testing)

I would make a backup of the folders there, before you delete, just in case you delete the wrong folder or something 😉👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zexos said:

Go into the Wurm Folder - For me this was: C Drive - Users - Username - Wurm - Players

Then you delete the folder, in the "Players" folder that has the name of the account, that you don't use anymore.

Magic, thank you Zexos!

• Like 1

Im pretty sure its from "corbitae", as its a roman ship. And dont think it would be ending with "uh", but rather A (like the a in "Milano" or "party").

Do armor types mix evasion penalties when wearing a mixed set? 

Ex: I wear a plate helmet and cloth armor elsewhere.

Do I inherit the evasion/combat penalties of the plate helmet, the cloth armor, or some average of the two?

(and as an aside, do armor types effect swing/parry/block timers?)

On 11/16/2020 at 7:10 PM, Orowa said:

Do armor types mix evasion penalties when wearing a mixed set? 

Ex: I wear a plate helmet and cloth armor elsewhere.

Do I inherit the evasion/combat penalties of the plate helmet, the cloth armor, or some average of the two?

(and as an aside, do armor types effect swing/parry/block timers?)

Ive always believed that the location is chosen before defenses are calculated. If attacked in head you get plate protection, hit anywhere else and it’s cloth. Adding some better armor doesn’t raise the defense of others. 

Armor has no effect on attacks.

Edited by Kelody

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Armor has no effect on attacks.

Can't heavy armour slow attack swing speed? I'm sure that's a thing.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, Antony said:

Can't heavy armour slow attack swing speed? I'm sure that's a thing.

It is not. Just walking speed

• Like 1

Can the higher ups change the breeze we've had for the past three days into a gale? I can't go anywhere.

Hello,

I am trying to setup a system by which visitors may visit my merchant, purchase a key to a BSB and retrieve the contents from the BSB that they have purchased. 

I am however having some difficulty setting the permissions. Perhaps you can help me?

Here is some useful information....

1. I made the BSB and attached a lock to it. I gave the key to the visitor (my alt who is not part of my village).

2. The BSB is inside a building I made inside my cave.

3. The cave has no cave door. Instead,

3. The building has a portcullis for a door to the cave building at the cave entrance.

4. The portcullis has a door lock attached.

5. Managed the building: Kingdom of Freedom Isles is allowed to enter, pickup items and (un)load.

6. Alt is able to enter building.

7. Confirmed alt has matching key to lock on BSB.

8. alt is able to open the BSB and view contents but is NOT able to take items from BSB and place into inventory.

9. my Mayor has set deed permissions for visitors so that they have only 2 allowed. load and unload allowed. nothing else.

How can i make it so BSB can only be accessed by the visitor who purchased the key and that that person will be able to take the items from the BSB and be happy about their purchase? The idea is for them to be able to do this while i am offline.

For logistical reasons, I'm also assuming my deed owner will probably not be willing to allow visitors permission to pickup items on deed. I mean that would mean the entire village would need to secure everything down right?

Is there a way without asking Mayor to edit deed permissions?

It's very difficult to do with on deed permissions and item locks.

It's far easier to do off deed or with gate permissions.

On deed, the person needs load and pickup permissions. Those permissions pretty much give a person permission to take almost anything not in a building or planted.

Edited by Kelody

New to the game, a week or so in. When I first started, I could place objects and it showed a red or green outline. Now it shows black and I can't place. I deleted my gamesettings.txt file and checked to see that GLSL was on and it is. Don't know what else to try. It wouldn't be as important if rotate was in smaller increments, but....
EDIT: problem solved. Most of the time, it wasn't really black, the green just looks black on my monitor in certain lights. The problem was that I was single clicking to place, not double clicking.

Edited by Errantknight
Problem solved

Hey guys. What are those named mobs, e.g. Tinsel and some hell scorp with named starting with R on Defiance?

They are GM spawned if they show funny names (Tinsel was the sea serpent iirc on SFI, nogump Caroler on Epic, Beeficus for champ or conditioned bison etc).

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

They are GM spawned if they show funny names (Tinsel was the sea serpent iirc on SFI, nogump Caroler on Epic, Beeficus for champ or conditioned bison etc).

Oh cool. I shouldn't expect anything special from killing them, right?

1 hour ago, Molfar said:

Oh cool. I shouldn't expect anything special from killing them, right?

They are juat renamed (and in some cases bigger) versions of their normal counterparts - no other benefits or flaws.

I plan to occupy a small piece of land previously owned by someone else. There is no deed, and no owner in sight. However, there are also a wagon and a ship, both locked. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

I'm on Xanadu if it matters.

3 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

I plan to occupy a small piece of land previously owned by someone else. There is no deed, and no owner in sight. However, there are also a wagon and a ship, both locked. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

I'm on Xanadu if it matters.

Deed the place, you can maybe push them in your perimeter or past that.. if there are no animals hitched to the wagon*, the boat can be dragged or pushed if it's not moored - if this is not the case - only then open a ticket (by typing in-game in the chat line "/support" - press enter.. this will bring you the ticket submission system.. use that to describe your issue)

GM can move them out of your deed if you are unable to do it on your own, but not if you just feel like not doing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

Deed the place, you can maybe push them in your perimeter or past that.. if there are no animals hitched to the wagon*, the boat can be dragged or pushed if it's not moored - if this is not the case - only then open a ticket (by typing in-game in the chat line "/support" - press enter.. this will bring you the ticket submission system.. use that to describe your issue)

GM can move them out of your deed if you are unable to do it on your own, but not if you just feel like not doing it.

Got it, thanks. A follow-up question: is it possible to increase the decay rate of a boat by repairing it with low-quality materials and/or skill level?

13 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Got it, thanks. A follow-up question: is it possible to increase the decay rate of a boat by repairing it with low-quality materials and/or skill level?

You only repair walls/fences with material. The QL of the item determines the decay rate(if off deed), so lower repair skill would in theory speed up the decayrate as the item takes a bigger QL loss.

4 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

yes.. if you use an alt with high ql log/metal.. but instead use LAVA tile

--edit

it's carefree 24hours sure way to get rid of whatever is on that tile.. 0 to 100 damage and poof..

Edited by Finnn

How exactly do cave-ins work? If I mine out a huge space, will the risk be greater? Is it based on the amount of open tiles, etc?