Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

2 hours ago, gorgian said:

This is an interesting thread.

Rp question: is there a back story. as in why there are different Kingston? (Freedom,MR,JK,Hots)

There's some stuff on the Wurmpedia if you explore some links on the Lore page.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lore

Is there any restriction for champions on Epic to hop over to the Freedom cluster? Are they allowed to go to Freedom without losing champ status?

If I build a structure in a mine can a tile in that structure collapse?

On 3/28/2018 at 1:56 PM, Zyzyx said:

If I build a structure in a mine can a tile in that structure collapse?

nope.

Haw can i change my server? I am at serenity,but its a little empty. Can someone suggest a server with many players?

On 4/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, Arbro said:

Haw can i change my server? I am at serenity,but its a little empty. Can someone suggest a server with many players?

Hello Arbro,

Serenity is one of the Epic PvP servers, and Epic in general has less active players than the PvE Freedom Isles system.

But that needn't be an issue as you can step through an Epic/Freedom portal to switch to another version of your character with the same name in the other system.  Gear won't transfer, it'll stay in the inventory of system's character you're portalling from.  These won't be identical characters in terms of stats and inventory, but the Freedom Isles has servers that are alot more active than the Epic system as it is now if you don't mind not being able to PvP (except in the no-holds-barred PvP Chaos server).

If you wish to stay in Epic and go to live on another server, you can try sailing to Elevation which is the non-aligned server that connects all the others. You might want to work out arrangments in advance for that as you are definitely on a kingdom-based PvP environment while you're a character in the Epic system rather than the Freedom Isles.  There are limits on how fast you can switch back and forth between Epic and Freedom Isles systems so it's not abused.

If you do choose to try venturing through a portal to create a Freedom Isles version of your character, the very first time you do that you'll be asked to choose a Freedom Isles server.  This is a one-time-only choice for that character, as once chosen that'll be where your Freedom Isles version of your character is created.  Once created in the Freedom Isles you can always take a boat to a different Freedom Isles server, of course, if you build one or get a ride on another character's boat to the server you wish there.

This perhaps isn't as much detail as you might wish for, but I hope it helps!

Is there a container that can fit 100 saddles that isn't a boat or wagon?

The largest I could think of with the exception of large storage unit (which holds 22 per shelf) was a huge tub which can only fit 37. I clearly miss understood the additional notes on the container page on the wiki https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Container.

Edit, can fit 98 in a large cart which I may end up using just for saddle storage.

Edited by Antony

How many fit into a small raft? You can fit 7 small rafts into a large cart.

So... as mayor of a growing and active settlement I have encountered a frustrating building permissions issue that we cannot find a way around.

It seems impossible to allow a player to craft or continue any item iside a building without also giving them permissions to alter the building.

For instance, Oakheart has built a large Inn for housing new players in the game while they learn the ropes and prove they will stick around.  We cannot allow them to craft inside the building though, without also allowing them to be able to rotate walls and such- which is a problem.

Is there no way around this?  To protect the building while allowing them to craft inside the building as well?

Edited by Thalius

my alts personal goal is to kill someone with a crush weapon (im assuming large maul) so i moved to desertion and killed someone in a duel but didnt get the goal. Am I doing something wrong.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:22 PM, Blaike said:

my alts personal goal is to kill someone with a crush weapon (im assuming large maul) so i moved to desertion and killed someone in a duel but didnt get the goal. Am I doing something wrong.

Are you opposing kingdoms? Do both of you have over 21 fightskill?

On 10/9/2018 at 12:09 PM, Thalius said:

So... as mayor of a growing and active settlement I have encountered a frustrating building permissions issue that we cannot find a way around.

It seems impossible to allow a player to craft or continue any item iside a building without also giving them permissions to alter the building.

For instance, Oakheart has built a large Inn for housing new players in the game while they learn the ropes and prove they will stick around.  We cannot allow them to craft inside the building though, without also allowing them to be able to rotate walls and such- which is a problem.

Is there no way around this?  To protect the building while allowing them to craft inside the building as well?

@ThaliusTo my understanding, you can allow them to build/destroy items through the settlement permissions, but restrict the ability to modify the building through the permissions of the building itself.  This could be inaccurate as I haven't tested this.  Additionally the ability to plan buildings is settlement based. So the only permission that is tied to a building is "may enter". All else is based on the permissions you gave within the settlement itself.

That said, I don't know that you can stop them from rotating walls, and I don't know what permission this is even tied to.  Logic dictates it should be "modify building", but perhaps a suggestion should be submitted to change that.  Seems silly that people can just flip your walls around.

Edited by Seriphina

4 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Are you opposing kingdoms? Do both of you have over 21 fightskill?

Both have a fight skill over 70, Both are premium. I was told you can do it on freedom in a duel.  But it says use a crush weapon.. My maul skill is low (large mail 17) my staff is 28 but pole arms is only 13.. Would the low skill be a factor do you think.

2 hours ago, Blaike said:

Both have a fight skill over 70, Both are premium. I was told you can do it on freedom in a duel.  But it says use a crush weapon.. My maul skill is low (large mail 17) my staff is 28 but pole arms is only 13.. Would the low skill be a factor do you think.

Yes you can do it in a duel. Kill a troll and use it's club as a crush weapon, might work.

39 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Yes you can do it in a duel. Kill a troll and use it's club as a crush weapon, might work.

Ive tried that too and it didnt work

52 minutes ago, Blaike said:

Ive tried that too and it didnt work

Now that I think about it, try a normal sparr (not duel) so skip the death, I think that's the only one who works.

Use a normal maul / whatever you have.

Is there a way to keep the game launcher open in the background? I don't have a lot of memory and I often re-log to clean up the game speed. It would be nice if the launcher stayed open. 1 less step to do.

1 hour ago, Travic said:

Is there a way to keep the game launcher open in the background? I don't have a lot of memory and I often re-log to clean up the game speed. It would be nice if the launcher stayed open. 1 less step to do.

imo problem's with your cardboard box OR game profile, most people do not relog that often

Some run the game with a bat(ch) file adding parameters to the java process to clear cache more often, reduce/expand the memory use, etc

no need to waste resources for everybody with a hanging launcher process

1 hour ago, Travic said:

You can launch multiple copies of the launcher. So open two, one to use now and one as a quick way back in later.

edit: (I checked, an  unused but open "at ready"  launcher on my system uses about 185MB running in background, your mileage may vary). 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I would love to know how to clear the cache while running. My pc Has 4G ram and the game seems to use about 3G. Or at least that's what it is using when it starts acting up. I do seem to be having issues with the video card overheating and network. So I know a lot has to do with my PC. Re logging is just the way I have been able to keep things going so far. I will look for info on java parameters. I keep forgetting that Wurm runs on Java. I used to set params. for another well known java game, back when I played it a lot.