Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

On 6/17/2017 at 10:36 AM, Matholameu said:

What the heck is the point of the yoyo and toymaking in general?
Is there literally any use/point at all? For a game where every item should be useful for something, toys baffle me. 

P.S. Not trying to be rude. This is a genuine question I'd sincerely appreciate an answer to. Is there any use for toymaking or toys?

It was likely implemented into Wurm originally with the intent to add onto it later but that action was never fullfilled. Yoyo's used to give mind speed when spun but that was removed forever ago.

• Like 2

Few questions regarding map borders, wich does not cross to another server:

- "An enormous shark scouts from below" - what happens if I continue to follow to the border of the map? Can I actually get to the border?

- Is a border just invisible wall?

- How deep is ocean at the borders or near the border? How many slopes? Is there a possibility to drop so much dirt that You can create a land?

- What gonna happen if someone use Wand of the seas near the border? Or maybe it's just impossible?

On 6/27/2017 at 3:39 AM, Wilczan said:

Few questions regarding map borders, which does not cross to another server:

- "An enormous shark scouts from below" - what happens if I continue to follow to the border of the map? Can I actually get to the border?

- Is a border just invisible wall?

If you don't plot course before reaching the border, you will be kicked out of the boat and have to manually turn it around to get back in.

The border unloads you from current island and loads you into another. I'm not sure what meaning of invisible wall your using. There is nothing beyond the border, it's more like non-existent space than a barrier to prevent you from traveling further.

The other 2 questions I don't know the answer to. I'm guessing since there aren't land bridges, that it's not currently possible.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, Kelody said:

If you don't plot course before reaching the border, you will be kicked out of the boat and have to manually turn it around to get back in.

Well this is very interesting to read. I was certainly aware of the plot course option but did not realize that without using it a player could no longer cross the server border of which side they were on. Just goes to show how secure the borders are within Wurm compared to RL. Perhaps the Devs should license out that technology to some countries.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, Kelody said:

There is nothing beyond the border, it's more like non-existent space than a barrier to prevent you from traveling further.

Now I think we are entering into the theoretical realm here in terms of "non-existent space". If it did not exist it would not be space or could take up any space even. Still, I like the term for it is counterintuitive which leads to thoughts of that which can not be but might be if you could see what you can not. Also I think there is *something* beyond that border, just like books are pushed off the shelf from the other side. *plonk*

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

If you do not plot a course, you continue on as you would have before the feature was enabled. The old map links still exist.

The client and server try to do their best keeping you on the map if you go too far. You really don't want to test that, as if you do find a way to go beyond said border, you wind up with an invalid location and will need a GM to rescue you. It's usually pretty good though and should stop that from happening.

Avoid the corners.

As for land near the map, that's fine. The slope depends on the map. A cross-server land bridge would have a few issues, namely that sometimes the tile translation between two servers isn't 1:1 - for same-size servers you may drift by one tile, for a larger size difference you may drift many tiles. Plus you'll get spammed with the messages, which start I believe it's 10 tiles out. Could be 5, it's been a while since I looked at that.

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Well this is very interesting to read. I was certainly aware of the plot course option but did not realize that without using it a player could no longer cross the server border of which side they were on. Just goes to show how secure the borders are within Wurm compared to RL. Perhaps the Devs should license out that technology to some countries.

My comment about borders was only in relation to the sharks issue on borders without pre-existing links.

Dumb question of the day. I just started playing wurm unlimited on my own dedicated server. When I kill an animal and butcher it, it wont let me loot the skins or meat. Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, Whackenstick said:

Dumb question of the day. I just started playing wurm unlimited on my own dedicated server. When I kill an animal and butcher it, it wont let me loot the skins or meat. Any suggestions?

There is a section within these forums labeled Wurm Unlimited, so it is best to post this question there for a more informed and quicker response.

=Ayes=

Hello,

I tried to find it through searching but couldn't locate the answer.

What level of blacksmithing is required to make a bee smoker. I am level 20 and have 0% chance, says I have too low skill to craft this item.

Thanks for any help!

Just trying to find info on the new bloodthirst, anyone know approximately how much damage increase you get based on power level? (like, doulble damage at 10k stacks, or 10% more at 10k stacks), just trying to see if its worth it vs Life Transfer

On 8/12/2017 at 0:50 PM, jdubb said:

Hello,

What level of blacksmithing is required to make a bee smoker. I am level 20 and have 0% chance, says I have too low skill to craft this item.

Thanks for any help!

I don't guarantee I'm remembering right, but I think it was 40, been a while though so I could be wrong...

On August 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM, jdubb said:

Hello,

Thanks for any help!

I believe it is level 30 Blacksmithing to create a bee smoker.

I may have missed the update for this but did not see anything when I scanned them.

Items on characters that have not been logged in a long while now take damage? I noticed it on tools so far. Is that a new feature? I do not remember this happening in the past.

• Like 1

Is locksmithing worth training on freedom? Considering lockpicking is disabled server-wise, does lock ql make any difference as long as there is one attached?

Hello, very new.. Reading things related to locating clay. on Freedom, Indy.

People keep saying on "the coast"... 

Now do they mean just the very outer limits of the island or.. The water inland count as well? 

1 hour ago, Guypirate said:

Hello, very new.. Reading things related to locating clay. on Freedom, Indy.

People keep saying on "the coast"... 

Now do they mean just the very outer limits of the island or.. The water inland count as well? 

Hello and welcome to Wurm Online!

Inland seas work as well, take a look at Deliverance's map for example -- http://www.wurmevents.nu/Delimap/delimap.jpg -- most inland lakes, from the smallest to the biggest, are depicted here with a source of clay available.

I personally live on Xanadu near a vaast inland lake, and plentiful is an understatement to how much clay there is to be found on the coastline.

Edited by Sophiesticated
Grammatical correction
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, monsterix said:

If i am "bugged" player and get wrong affinity in that http://wurm.azurewebsites.net, is there anyway possible fix it? or other food affinity tool what works for "bugged"

You can turn the fixed affinity flag on by going into Manage - Profile - Other settings (towards the bottom) and 2.  Fix Cooking Affinities - ON.

This wiki page is outdated and does not show the option to fix your affinity, but it does show you how to get to profile: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Profile

3 hours ago, Alectrys said:

You can turn the fixed affinity flag on by going into Manage - Profile - Other settings (towards the bottom) and 2.  Fix Cooking Affinities - ON.

This wiki page is outdated and does not show the option to fix your affinity, but it does show you how to get to profile: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Profile

I have turn it on before i make that post and still they don't match with that tool what affinity it expect me to get and what i get.

1 hour ago, YankelMyWankel said:

Question:  Is this player graph accurate of how many are actively playing? http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/wurm

It seems like 28 players or so are the total across ALL servers... 

Nope, not sure where that link came from if it's wild it was renamed to chaos server years ago.

graphs can be found here with actual player count etc- https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_graphs

Edited by shakys

This is an interesting thread.

Rp question: is there a back story. as in why there are different Kingston? (Freedom,MR,JK,Hots)