Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

With the amount of downtime today i'm sure there will be enough outcry that there might be SB passed out, but never expect it after downtime :P

Can anyone explain how I can export a map of my deed out of Wurm, then import it to Deed Planner?

Thanks for any advice links or tips :)

I'm looking for the answer to this too (I know right now it's causing crashes, I still want to know how to do this though). 

Edit: Got my answer, player mentioned it's from the deed token. :) 

Edited by Stargrace

I'm looking for the answer to this too (I know right now it's causing crashes, I still want to know how to do this though). 

Edit: Got my answer, player mentioned it's from the deed token. :) 

Thanks Stargrace (great name by the way)

I'll try it next time I'm on

Do corpses not drop precisely where you died?  I immediately went right back to the spot and have searched a 40x40 tile area around it, but no corpse or items to be found.

I had trouble finding mine, I think the trouble is the 'canvas' bag they are in camouflages them some what. I couldn't  actually see my corpse once whn I found it, it was in grass on a neighbouring tile, I found it by mouseovering it and it's profile was outlined. Hope this helps Comicus.

Can anyone explain how I can export a map of my deed out of Wurm, then import it to Deed Planner?

Thanks for any advice links or tips :)

I tried accessing a method for exporting my deed map form the token. I managed to get a great looking map of my deed open in a window - it's a great way for searching for specific tree's such as a willow for a bow or fishing rod.

However, I'm hoping there is a way you can export some kind of file that contains all the terrain heights etc, to import into Deed Planner so I can 'practice building a house in that first.

Any ideas anyone. How did you get on Star ?

I tried accessing a method for exporting my deed map form the token. I managed to get a great looking map of my deed open in a window - it's a great way for searching for specific tree's such as a willow for a bow or fishing rod.

However, I'm hoping there is a way you can export some kind of file that contains all the terrain heights etc, to import into Deed Planner so I can 'practice building a house in that first.

when you open that map of your deed, there is that one button "export" in the exact same window. after clicking it you'll be able to choose folder where to save your map. that file you can open with deed planner.  

however seems like this export feature is a bit buggy: when i exported my deed, some of the elements were missing and it was covered in water (but that you can easily change in the deed planner)

Hmm, not sure if I missed finding the answer to this question but it pertains to the forums, How do you get pictures to post in replys? Been trying for a abit and no matter what option I try not able to upload using the url option link or find the option for storing in my media here.

You have to store pictures on an external site, then post the link here for them to display.

Can then use [.img][./img] to display the entire image straight to the reply.

If I travel to xanadu can I go back to pristine the exact same way? I was thinking for a trip there and see if I can find my own place to settle down at.

How long does it take for iron to decay and how would I get rid of the decay on it?

I was told bsb's take a certain amount of items out per month... Is this true? Also do they stop decay?

You can sail directly west from Pristine to Xanadu, to get back sail east from Xanadu to Release then north to Pristine.

Iron ore left on the ground will decay in a few days to remove the damage put inside a bsb or crate, this will reduce the quality by the damage percentage. eg 20ql with 50% damage will become 10ql in your bsb

You lose 5% of the contents of bsbs and crates every 30 days but there is no decay on items stored inside.

Thanks! Are there any guides on the game? (Preferably a video) thats up to date?

Thanks! Are there any guides on the game? (Preferably a video) thats up to date?

you can find guides + lots of useful information at wurmpedia: http://www.wurmpedia.com . Video guides are not so popular, but I guess you can try searching for those on youtube.

The unstable client is safe enough to be used.

Usually is the most up to date client, once I learned there was a unstable client where you had the chance to try some of the updated a bit before than wen using the normal one I've switched to it, and in all my years of using it I never had a single problem with it.

same here

I'm making a house and using inner walls to create rooms, but when I'm doing this on the top-most floor of a house, with a roof above, the walls don't connect to the roof and it looks weird, like some kind of stall or cubicle instead of an actual room.

Does anyone have any solutions to get around this, so that I can have inner walls touching the ceiling, but still have a traditional roof?

Does making armor out of copper make it less strong than if you were to make it with iron?

There is no difference between the two besides looks and what metal it takes to improve it with.

Another really dumb question, when making a guard tower is it 500kg of clay or 500 pieces of 20kg clay?

Another really dumb question, when making a guard tower is it 500kg of clay or 500 pieces of 20kg clay?

The spell disintegrate on PvE server, I am trying to bust a ore vein with it I have only 40 channeling, 80 faith, I have casted the spell 5 times now with the success, but fail to find a weakness

A. I want to know if it's the same difficulty as reinforcment, or roughly how many casts ball park it will take

B. the vein is on a tile which may break through into the surface, I have placed dirt over the tile on the outside to ensure it doesn't .. if I do succeed the spell, but it can't open a mine there due to the dirt, will it just fail the spell and the vein will remain? or will the vein deplete and I will be left with a rock tile which I can mine_down into?

Really need the answer to B more than anything, I know it's very specific but it's also ALOT of time and favor to waste if I succeed and it just fails to poof the vein due to being unable to mine that tile out

Thanks, Unk

I know that tool's quality stops at 20 for non-premium players (tested it myself), but how it goes for weapons? Does it stop at 20 or higher quality is used as well?

Hi Guys 

My question is how do i put a screen shot on my posts (spoiler).

thx in advance.