Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

I could be wrong (and have been before... once or twice)

but I think palisades are repaired with logs... might be you need trees though since I think that's how you build them...

• Like 1

Are decay rates different women comparing on deed: in house, outside of house, and in cave?

What is the best way to get about 2k arrow shafts on a small sailboat? I'm not able to make quivers... will they fit in barrels or small chests?

Bowls, everything fits in bowls

How do you repair palisades?

You repair and improve palisade walls with logs, basically on the same basis as wooden fencing using planks. My preference was to let them completely decay away and replace with higher QL new ones as skill improves.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

You repair and improve palisade walls with logs, basically on the same basis as wooden fencing using planks. My preference was to let them completely decay away and replace with higher QL new ones as skill improves.

=Ayes=

Thanks, great answer!

• Like 1

Why would one want to create lava tiles?

Several reasons, mostly pvp-related. Lava tiles cause significant dmg when walked upon, so some area denial usage there.

Any burnable item is destroyed when dropped or moved unto such a tile. For example a large wooden chest will go poof and drop its contents, somewhat handy for the more difficult locks to pop (gotta be quick!). However, doing this with a bin will destroy the contents (due to the bin function of lessening the server's database load).

Otherwise there's the aesthetic value.

EDIT: oh yeah, left out its also the only way to convert some other tile types, such as dirt, to rock.

Edited by Klaa

EDIT: oh yeah, left out its also the only way to convert some other tile types, such as dirt, to rock.

Are decay rates different WHEN comparing on deed locations: in house, outside of house, and in cave?

Are decay rates different WHEN comparing on deed locations: in house, outside of house, and in cave?

Assuming everything is on a deed, that factor can be ignored.

Outside a writ is usually slightly faster decay.

Not sure if caves still play a factor, not to mention cave tiles located under a writ.

Is it against the rules to create multiple accounts to use for mining at the same time?

I wouldn't be automating the process in any way, simply going between several simultaneously running clients and telling them to mine.

Is it against the rules to create multiple accounts to use for mining at the same time?

I wouldn't be automating the process in any way, simply going between several simultaneously running clients and telling them to mine.

Legal to run as many accounts as u want at the same time, just dont macro or however that's called

yeah, i've had four minimized windows running at once.  I know some who have had MANY more windows open and playing at once.

How high do I have to teraform to make my walls uncatapultable? 200 dirt high?

You can always hit walls with a catapult no matter how high the they are dirt-wise.

Been a while since I played for an extended period of time so I may have missed any changes to this but...

Back when boats first came to be and people started crossing between servers with them I seem to recall limitations on the number of items that could cross with boats. The 'count items' option was related to this. I'm wondering what limits (if any) are in place nowadays. Or perhaps I'm just crazy and remembering this all wrong.

Edit: Remembered the CA channel. 

[23:40:38] <Lando> Nope, sorted

[23:41:49] <Lando> There have been a few bugs with ships, the one you are referring to was fixed over a year ago chrom

Edited by Chromega

Where can I see a list of players that got banned? (Those which are banned from the game)

Where can I see a list of players that got banned? (Those which are banned from the game)

Hi all, I havr seen quite a few lists of what can be loaded in ships...

but I haven-t seen anything on storage bins.

Can I fit an Fsb and Bsb on a knarr? How empty does it need to be otherwise.

I guess a better way of asking... how many large crares is the equivalent of a storage bin?

Very difficult to compare a crate to a bsb/fsb, because bsb/fsb are volume based, while crates just have a hard cap on the number of any item that can go into it. Small crates can hold up to 150 items of whatever goes inside them, while large crates hold up to 300. Bsb/fsb have varying amounts based on what item it is you are placing in, the table of that can be found here. Also, you can't place a bsb/fsb inside a ship(loading it) unless they are completely empty.

Thank you but at this point, I have enough stuff to pick up that crates won't be practical... the best bet would have been for me to have a knarr full of rafts full of small chests/barrels but I don't have time to make all those :)

I know I will need to unload the contents of the storage bins before I can remove them from the ship, I just want to make sure that an FSB and a BSB will both fit on the Knarr at the same time and how empty the ship has to be to let me load them into it.

I had a rude surprise the first time I went to pick up 3 wagons... and found out I could only fit 1 per trip. I thought I would be different and plan ahead this time.

Thank you but at this point, I have enough stuff to pick up that crates won't be practical... the best bet would have been for me to have a knarr full of rafts full of small chests/barrels but I don't have time to make all those :)

I know I will need to unload the contents of the storage bins before I can remove them from the ship, I just want to make sure that an FSB and a BSB will both fit on the Knarr at the same time and how empty the ship has to be to let me load them into it.

I had a rude surprise the first time I went to pick up 3 wagons... and found out I could only fit 1 per trip. I thought I would be different and plan ahead this time.

will your inventory be reasonably empty?  you can carry the fsb and bsb with you if they don't fit on the boat.

Thanks.. I found that even with about 8 or 9 large crates the two storage bins loaded just fine :)

Thanks all for the help. Now all I have to do is get my ISP fixed so it is worth trying travel. Last night my ping times, just to my isp site were averaging 3000ms...

If I Rename something, can other players see the new/added name as well?

EDIT

Long as I'm asking -- Anyone have the rough Fine Carpentry needed to make a Trebuchet, Ballista or Strange Device?

EDIT2

Just checked with an alt not in the same village, and yep, you can see the Rename'd names.

Edited by Tipper