Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Remove scenario points from same kingdom home servers

As the title says.  Currently under this new system, PvE people on home servers get to do constant easy and risk free missions back to back - just shortly before this post on MRH for example 4 entire missions were done within 3 hours, and a 5th is being worked on currently.  Meanwhile on Elevation for Mag in this case, we've been alternating between two very risky missions that aren't even worth attempting that last for days each.  Yes, we can go visit/live on our own home server and reap the benefits too, but if we wanted to do this, we wouldn't be living on Elevation to begin with.  We've taken the risk to do missions on Elevation and enemy home servers to win; I personally won my own tome while still on BLH on our return from doing a mission there.

With this system, anyone on Elevation can pretty much kiss getting a reward goodbye.  Sorcery is a PvP reward, the buff/debuffs are PvP bonuses, the spells are PvP bonuses/defenses. 

It wouldn't be fair to entirely remove missions from home servers, they can still influence their god to win, they can still get karma to do so, they can get their sleep bonus, all incentives to join Elevation or go to enemy home servers to do missions to get the real reward.  Point rewards from guiding your god should remain however as this comes with a cost.

• Like 10

Would prefer if this didn't influence non-epic implementation of missions though.

Would prefer if this didn't influence non-epic implementation of missions though.

You dont have scenario points

• Like 1

This pretty much forces me to move to elevation. I think ppl on home servers have as much right to earn a scenario reward as ppl on elevation. It seems pretty random anyways, last time a dude got a reward with like 5 scenario points.

I disagree here altho i see ur point, but home server ppl also are part of the epic playerbase and they deserve to have a chance too. Dont nerf the home server fun.

• Like 1

This pretty much forces me to move to elevation. I think ppl on home servers have as much right to earn a scenario reward as ppl on elevation. It seems pretty random anyways, last time a dude got a reward with like 5 scenario points.

I disagree here altho i see ur point, but home server ppl also are part of the epic playerbase and they deserve to have a chance too. Dont nerf the home server fun.

Well its more missions on the home server are generally way way way easier than the ones on other servers, and can be done with 0 risk(99.9% of the time).

and about being forced to move to elevation, I feel that people who want to win tomes etc should work hard to make their god win/do missions(even though valrei is kinda broken)

I did tons of missions on ele/enemy home servers while living on blh, you don't have to live on ele to do missions there either, especially with the new epic portals.

Fix Elevation by not nerfing Home servers.

-1, logic is too flawed, and kind of bias.  

• Like 1

+1. And I'm a bit concerned that with the way missions work now (a new mission immediately replaces the old one), spamming home server missions might become a cheap, risk-free way of getting your god to move. No scenario points + a limit on how much it can influence movement would be best, imo

• Like 1

Would be better to just fix the mission difficulties. Some are too easy and some are too hard.

+0.5

I dont feel it should be removed from home servers entirely, however i do feel that scenario points should get rebalanced now that missions are so frequent and far easier on home servers.

Suggestions-

• Change chop tree missions on Home server from 1000 scenario points to 100,
  • Change Same kingdom Ritual missions on Home servers from 1000 to 300 Scenario points
  • Change creation missions to a default 2 scenario points per item created / sacrificed, as opposed to the current percentage style, this means the more intensive ones (the 500 sacs) remain at current points level.
  • Change kill missions on home servers to a default 3 scenario points per kill, 
Edited by Toeol

Just because someone lives on a home server doesn't mean they don't PvP. They just don't actively seek it. Also, home servers do get a lot of build missions, which seems to favor the same item to be built for a set time before it changes to a different mission that is given numerous times.

+1 I agree with Gary but the whole system is dumb and broken and needs to be completely redone.

Just because someone lives on a home server doesn't mean they don't PvP. They just don't actively seek it. Also, home servers do get a lot of build missions, which seems to favor the same item to be built for a set time before it changes to a different mission that is given numerous times.

Elevation gets those same missions, except on elevation they are much harder to do and you can lose an entire structure that you have been building.

Simple fix really. Just remove build missions. No one does them anyway because they suck to build. The require a ton of materials and have low success rates for creating and continuing, even with high skill. They also only give favor to the person who completes it, as well as the near impossibility of building one in enemy lands. No one is going to let enemies hang out in their land for several hours (at a minimum) unless they just have no one online.

Lol odd day when I have to say I agree with Nintendojoe.  A lot of the original post makes Home server players look bad and like they're taking away things from Elevation.  As someone who has lived nearly 95% of his time on Elevation -- I don't feel like that at all.  They get missions ,we get missions, and our kingdom has likely the largest population.

PvE people on home servers get to do constant easy and risk free missions back to back

That's implying everyone doing missions on Home isn't a PvPer, which isn't true.  Even still it's helping the God, and if you had a good communication and relationship with your Home server even if they did receive the reward, it's completely possible to talk to them about the tome/item.  This is odd because the person who received the Rod of Eruption on MRH, then came to Elevation with MRE and used it, so at no point in the history of Valrei has any item gone poof to a non-pvper.  Their missions are easier, so go do them, which I know some MRE players do.  I know JKE players go over and do some also.  They aren't Home missions, they're your kingdom missions, just go do them.

With this system, anyone on Elevation can pretty much kiss getting a reward goodbye.  Sorcery is a PvP reward, the buff/debuffs are PvP bonuses, the spells are PvP bonuses/defenses. 

Again not true at all, in fact statistically speaking from Valrei handouts almost everyone who received a tome/item was on Elevation so more than likely they're already a code in existence that favors Elevation.  I think JK has won the scenario 7 times, and all 7 times it has been given to players on Elevation.  Nathan has even received 2 items before 1 person on JKH has even seen 1. So no you don't at all have to "kiss getting a reward goodbye," that's the complete opposite.  Yes others have a higher chance perhaps on Home servers, but so what?

As Joe put the truth is because someone is based on a Home server, doesn't make them non-PvPers.  At one point the Polish group (Villz and Co.) were on MRH and doing MUCH more PvP than their Elevation counterpart, frequently raiding and visiting JKH/BLH.  The same goes for BLH, Gelectricoen's group was much more active in PvP than their Elevation counterpart.  Just because they weren't based on Elevation doesn't mean they weren't PvPing or are any less deserving of the reward.  You can't dictate who and who shouldn't get rewards just because they aren't up to your standards, or living aside you.  That's just unfair.  This isn't incentive to join Elevation, it's just greed.  Especially not with portals we have MANY JKHers come weekly and PvP, do HotAs, raid, and go back home.  I don't want to rob them of their rewards.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

Again not true at all, in fact statistically speaking from Valrei handouts almost everyone who received a tome/item was on Elevation so more than likely they're already a code in existence that favors Elevation.  I think JK has won the scenario 7 times, and all 7 times it has been given to players on Elevation.  Nathan has even received 2 items before 1 person on JKH has even seen 1. So no you don't at all have to "kiss getting a reward goodbye," that's the complete opposite.  Yes others have a higher chance perhaps on Home servers, but so what?

Nathan has crazy amounts of karma and did missions before people started to care about missions And saying he recieved 2 items before someone on JKH recieved one is just silly, people on JKH didn't start doing missions for a while.

As Joe put the truth is because someone is based on a Home server, doesn't make them non-PvPers.  At one point the Polish group (Villz and Co.) were on MRH and doing MUCH more PvP than their Elevation counterpart, frequently raiding and visiting JKH/BLH.  The same goes for BLH, Gelectricoen's group was much more active in PvP than their Elevation counterpart.  Just because they weren't based on Elevation doesn't mean they weren't PvPing or are any less deserving of the reward.  You can't dictate who and who shouldn't get rewards just because they aren't up to your standards, or living aside you.  That's just unfair.  This isn't incentive to join Elevation, it's just greed.  Especially not with portals we have MANY JKHers come weekly and PvP, do HotAs, raid, and go back home.  I don't want to rob them of their rewards.

They were also doing missions on those servers, and those JKHers that come weekly for hotas and raids ect can just as easily use portals to pop over to do missions.

If I was still actively playing, there is no way I would be on elevation, since the home servers have so many easy missions to do+I could come over to ele extremely quickly if I needed to.

That is the issue, that being on a home server is better than elevation if you want to get scenario points/karma and influence your god.

• Like 1

The logic is that since most valrei rewards are pvp related, it makes little sense to make it much easier for a home server to do a lot of missions, compared to the main pvp server where it is a lot harder. Nobody is saying home server players never pvp, that's just something you completely made up yourself. You could claim that's what he's implying, but Gary and everybody else know that there are plenty of home server people around who pvp, whether it's once in a while or every week.

Those are statistics based on something that happened seven times, with a high randomness to it. You can not draw a conclusion like that from that info, especially when other servers had different results.

Personally I think the solution is to increase the difficulty of missions, rather than not giving them scenario points. The 5 missions within a few hours is pretty ridiculous and unfair.

• Like 3

Again missions aren't server based, if you want to do Home server missions and have a higher chance, hop in portal and do them.  You're all the same kingdom, you can easily go to the missions there. You're choosing not to, and instead asking the game to change around your personal preferences.  I go over and do JKH ones often, lol, it's free scenario points for everyone.  

Edited by Postes

Again missions aren't server based, if you want to do Home server missions and have a higher chance, hop in portal and do them.  You're all the same kingdom, you can easily go to the missions there. You're choosing not to, and instead asking the game to change around your personal preferences.  I go over and do JKH ones often, lol, it's free scenario points for everyone.  

And again, it should not be risk free scenario points for everyone.

Does it make any sense in a system that is supposed to promote pvp that the best way to get the rewards is to run around your home server doing missions?